Survival of Z-World

Sharing.

After walking for what seemed like forever, Frankie finally saw it. He grinned and grabbed Leighs arm as he broke into a run, Leigh trying to keep up and not trip.

"Frank! what is it? stop running!" As soon as she said that he stopped in his tracks and pointed.

"See that car? I know who owns, well used to own it. I know it has a UHF radio and would have some extra goodies in the back!" Frankie couldn't contain himself.

"Well, to be able to get to that car Frankie, we have to get past them, quietly. And before nightfall." Leigh said, looking up at that sky and the sun, slowly moving west.

Frankie looked at the group of walkers, there were too many to take down quietly, and they were too close together to take down one by one.

Someone had the same idea, as Frankie was about to charge foward with his gun, there came gunshots out of nowhere, and the walkers started to follow the sound, thankfully, it was in the opposite direction of where they were standing. Frankie pulled Leigh behind a bush and they bent down waiting for the shots to stop.

They could hear yelling, and Frankie knew in his head, these people, whoever they were, had the exact same idea as himself.

"We need to run to that car, NOW!" Frankie shouted the last bit as he hurled himself over the bush and towards the black 4-wheel drive that had been highered off the ground even more than usual by the previous owners. Leigh and Frankie made it to the car as another gunshot went off, narrowly missing Leigh.

"Holy shit! You fucking crazyhead!" She yelled. Frankie jumped in the drivers side and Leigh jumped in the back. Leigh sat herself up in time to see two other people jump from behind the bushed and charge towards to car.

"FRANKIE!" She screamed, and threw herself across the car to lock the door, but she wasn't quick enough. One person, a man who looked about 30 jumped in beside her and grabbed her, putting his handgun to her head. Another man, about the same age as Frankie jumped in the passenger side of the car and held a knife to Frankie's head.

"I don't think so, mate. We saw this first."

"No, you didn't! We saw it and were about to kill the small hoarde when you started shooting everything, which by the way has probably attracted more. Have you never watched a zombie movie, you IDIOT?!" Frankie was so red in the face by the time he finished, but Leigh was more concerned with the gun pointed at her head.

"Let her go."

"Get out of the car."

"No, look. I'm sure we can figure something out?"

"Where are the keys?"

"I was looking for them, before you both so rudely interrupted us."

The gun dug itself further into my head, there'd be a dent there for sure.

"Frankie, please." I managed to squeeze out.

"Okay, okay. We need to leave now...."

"So get out of the car." Man, was this guy pushy or what?

"No, either we all stay, or we all get out." Frankie replied as he shoved his hands under the seat, something jingled and he pulled them out. He jammed them into the ignition and turned.

"Oh thank you." Frankie said, as if looking to the skies to praise. The car roared to life as he slammed it into gear and tried to go.

"Handbrake, idiot." The guy in the passenger said, putting it down. Frankie put his foot down and almost immediately mowed down 2 walkers that had obviously heard the idiots shots and followed the sound.

For being so gross and undead, they were smart like that.

"Can you please let her go!?" Frankie said, not taking his eyes off me.

"Look at the road, Frankie!" I yelped.

He hardened his gaze on the guy and put his foot down even more.
God, Frankie was hot when he was angry.

"Okay, okay." The man said, and lifted the gun off my head and threw me back to my side of the car.

"Where are we going?" The guy next to me said.

"Out of this town, I'm going to the edge of town and then we are going to test the radio for any signals." Frankie replied, concentrating on the road. I know for a fact he was supposed to wear glasses when driving.

It was so awkward and quiet while everyone settled down, at least they didnt want to kill us anymore. I took my bottle out of my bag and opened it. The guy turned around from the front seat and stared at it. I watched him watching me, this was getting more awkward by the second. I pulled another bottle out of my bag and gave it to him, he snatched it and couldn't get the lid off fast enough. He drank half the bottle and gave it to his friend. He washed it down just as fast.

"So, I gather you've had nothing to eat or drink for the last .... how many days?"

"We haven't eaten in 5 days, haven't had a drink in 2." The guy in the front answered. I did feel a bit sorry for them.

"And you still managed to have enough energy for your little show back there?" I said, laughing. The guy beside me cracked a smile.

I figured we could spare it, I didn't care if Frankie was mad, I lifted two small cans of beans out of my bags. I gave one to each guy. The cans were empty in a matter of minutes.

"I'm Leigh." I said, outstretching my hand to the guy next to me.

"Simon." He answered, taking my hand and kissing it. I blushed.

"Corey." The guy in front said, outstretching his hand to me, I took it and shook.

"So, that must make you Frankie?" Simon asked, nodding his toward Frankie.

"Yep." He answered, concentrated on driving.

It was probably best to keep them on our good side.

"So, where are you guys from?"

"Next town over, we made our way up this way, and were hoping to head somewhere where there's no infection."

Frankie snorted, trying to keep his laugh in. He never once believed there would be a way out of this new world we found ourselves in.

"Well, you're both welcome to stay with us, strength in numbers I guess." I answered.

- - - - - - - - - - -

It was pretty dark by now and Frankie had to turn the headlights on.

"I don't think we should go any further for tonight, the lights could attract the walkers." Corey said.

We all grunted in response as Frankie caught sight of a side road and turned, coming to stop in front of a small house on it's own in a new building area. I hadn't been to this new area yet. The house was still in the process of being built, but it was locked up and had windows and doors, so it was safe enough. Frankie switched the car off and we all got out. Frankie and I turned our torches on as Simon followed Frankie and Corey followed me. It must've been dark behind me, because Corey accidentley grabbed my butt, instead of my shirt. Although it may have been intentional. I just wanted to get into the house first.

Sexual thoughts later.

I waited outside crouched behind a bush as Frankie, Simon and Corey did a quick search of the house. Eventually Frankie came and got me and locked up the door. There were empty cans and bottles on the floor of the kitchen, so someone had shacked up here before.

"Someone must have been close to moving in, there's beds in all the rooms!" Simon said.

I smiled in response as I did a quick tour of the house, I peeked out into the backyard and saw a big tank in the corner of the yard. My eyes lit up and I grinned.

"Oh, my, god, YES!" I almost screamed as I ran into the bathroom and turned the knobs on the shower. A slow trickle was all that came out. It was enough to have a wash down, but not to wash my now hacked off hair. I'd gotten angry with it when we were still at home and found a pair of scissors. Instead of being down my back, it now sat at my shoulders. I turned it back off, scared incase I'd wasted the water and came out into the kitchen where Frankie had set up on the floor our dinner table. There were 2 bottles of water and 4 big cans, 2 pork and beans, 1 spaghetti and 1 fruit tin. Simon and Corey came into the kitchen.

"There's 4 rooms, we've had the pick of the best 2, but we left the biggest for m'lady." Corey said, tipping an imaginary hat my way.

"Cool, thanks!" I said and smiled.

"We have a little bit of water coming out of the taps in the shower, so we will have dinner than take turns using the shower!" I said, a little bit too excited.

After splitting the 4 cans of food between us I let Corey and Simon have their showers first. Seperately, obviously.

There were 2 towels in the bathroom, they had already been used, but hey, they weren't full of blood, and thats about as good as it gets in Z-world.