We're Climbing up the Sky

Momma Preciado

She looked down at the cooking meat, it was sizzling in its grease. It bubbled and squirted on her, she flinched away from it. She swore and pushed the meat around in the pan.

“And tell me who’s idea was it to make tacos at 6:30 in the morning?” Tony said, stumbling out of his bunk. He rubbed the sleep away from his eyes.

“Goood morning turtle boy, it was my idea,” I smiled at him. “There’s some fresh coffee from starbucks.”

“Why would you think that’s a good idea?” he raised an eyebrow, then shrugged “Whatever you got us coffee, thank you tour mommy,” he said walking towards the front of the bus.

Drella rolled her eyes at the nick name that she was given a long time ago. She was very caring and motherly towards the boys on tour, that was when they weren’t pranking her or something stupid like that. She felt someone's arms around her waist, making her jump she looked up. It was Mike, her stomach did flips.

“Smells good, anything I can do?” he said.

“Uhh yeah can you cut the lettuce,” he let go of her, she didn’t realize she was holding her breathe in till she let it out.

They cooked in silence, that was until Jaime ran down the hallway with a mustache on his face. She rolled my eyes, there was something wrong with her cousin. A lot of people knew they were related because they acted the same way, except he was more outgoing. They were both very loud and very crazy. He was just 10 times more everything. The meat was done cooking, she hollered that tacos were almost done.

Mike chuckled “Man I always forget how loud you are.”

Drella shot him a grin, then turned to fix up everything.

“Women no need to yell, we’re all like on the bus.” Jaime said from behind her.

She rolled my eyes. “I have to be loud or you guys won’t hear me.”

Vic and Tony walked into the very small, and very cramped “kitchen”. They served themselves moving around the small kitchen. The short girl watched them push each other around, she smiled. It felt at home in this tour bus, we are all family here. She pulled Jaimes beanie off his hat, stuffing it onto her head. His curly hair going everywhere, she giggled.

“Hey Drell, give it back” he said turning around, grabbing at her head, she dogged his hand.

“Awh but Jaime your hair is so fluffy, why don’t you keep it like that.” she said giggling.

He rolled his eyes, pushing her head away. She smirked and shoveled food onto her plate. She made her way out of the kitchen, sitting herself down on the couch. The guys wondered in when they were done, she raised an eyebrow at how much food they took. It was amazing how much food they could eat

“Answer your phone dumbass,” her phone yelled at her, from somewhere behind the couch. The guys snickered at her ringtone. She put her plate down on the floor, and reached out to get her phone from the ground. The ringtone kept going and going. Drella got her phone, not bothering to look at the caller i.d because that was her best friends ringtone.

“Yo Tina!”

“Drella! Hey, w-I’m gonna be here in an hour or so!” there was a giggle in the background.

She narrowed her eyes, she walked over to the bunk area because the guys were being loud. “Is there someone with you?”

She giggled “No, why?”

“I just thought I heard someone in the background...”

“Oh,” she paused “No it was just the music I was listening to,” her voice was high, she was lying, but Drella shrugged it off.

“Ok. So you’ll be here soon?” she asked, repeating what Tina had already told her.

“Helll yeah! So get your shit ready cause we gonna go shoppinnnggg!” she sang into the phone very loudly, she pulled her ear away the phone chuckling.

“Oh yay shopping, I need a good girls day out. Being with guys all the time gets pretty weird.”

“Oh yes this will be a wonderful,” she giggled “girls day out! But I have to go, I don’t want to crash the car, so I’ll see you soon!”

“Bye Tina,” she smiled, hanging up.

Drella was gonna have a girls day today. As she said, she hasn’t had one in a long time. She walked back to the living room, and sat down. She picked her plate back up and began to eat.

“You seem happy,” Tony said from the floor.

She looked at him and grinned “Yeah Tina is coming today, we’re gonna go shopping.”

“We don’t have to come do we....” Jaime said apprehensively.

She laughed “No you don't” He sighed in relief, she rolled my eyes. She looked down at her empty plate, she got up to wash her dishes. “You guys have any dishes?”

Tony jumped up, “we’re doing the dishes, you cooked and you just do too much. Do something...that’s not washing dish!”

She raised an eyebrow, looking at the band and the crew “Seriously?”

“Seriously!” Jaime said

"Do you know how to do the dishes?” she laughed.

"Ugh you suck, yes we do!" Tony said.

"I know I was joking, I know you know how to do the dishes. And I appreciate it thank you," she said laying back onto the couch. The guys went into the kitchen to clean up while Drella was left to do nothing. She waddled to her bunk to watch a episode of Slings & Arrows. Slings & Arrows is a canadian comedy of Shakespeare, it’s the most amazing show and they were doing Hamlet. 30 minutes into the show there was a knock on the bus door.

“I got itttt!” Drella yelled, she got out of her bunk and ran to the door.

Outside was Tina and a guy. “FRANCO! OH MY GOD!” she yelled and jumped into his arms. “Fucking hell man! I haven’t seen you in forever, not counting your videos. Shiiiit!”

He laughed “It’s great to see you to Ella, when Tina told me she was coming down to see you guys I was like, I have to crash this shit,”

Drella turned to Tina, grinning “You little liar, there totally was someone in the background,”

She laughed, “It was so fucking hard because this little ass is so fucking loud!”

Drela lead them into the bus, “So you ready to go shopping,” Franco said wiggling his eyebrows at her.

“Awh hell yeah!” she laughed “Lemme just tell the guys that we’re leaving.”
He looked her up and down “You’re not ready.”

She looked at him “What do you mean? I’m dressed and I have money, I’m ready.”

He groaned “How many times do I have to tell you, you can’t wear sweat pants out to a mall. There are going to be guys there.”

She rolled her eyes “Whatever I’ll put some pants on if it shuts you up.” she walked into the back to grab some skinny jeans. The guys were looking at her “A old friend from high school,”

“Wait...” Jaime paused thinking, then his eyes widened “Shit Franco! Really,”

He walked into the front of the bus there was some commotion and laughter. Vic and Tony made their way to the to meet him, but Mike stayed behind.

“Is he a good friend?” Mike asked concentrating on the dishes.

she smiled “Yeah him, Tina, Jaime and I were the 4 musketeers in high school.”

“You know the musketeers were 3 right...." she laughed and nodded " Oh okay, that’s cool...” he paused “You two ever date?”

She looked at Mike, then broke out into laughter again “Oh what god no! We would never, no he’s like my brother, it would be like dating Hime-Time,” she said when she finally got air into her lungs.

Mike looked up at her, chuckling “Oh, I didn’t-”

“It’s okay,” she smiled up at him, was he jealous for a second? “I’m gonna go change, can I keep your shirt on? It’s so comfy.”

He nodded, smiling back at her, she gave him a quick hug then darted into the bathroom to change before he could see her now red face.They bid goodbyes to the band and went out for the day. They talked on the way there, catching up on things. Franco moved to Baltimore when he graduated high school and began doing youtube videos, which he was really successful with it too. Tina and Drella stayed back in San Diego, Tina went on to being a master chef and starting a restaurant. And then there was Drella, who when not touring with her cousins band works at a little diner.

“So anything start with you and Mike yet?” Franco said, looking through the racks of clothes at the salvation army.

Drella scoffed “I wish.” she pulled out a long blue dress with green flowers on it. It had a corset back to it, but it was very simple and pretty.

“Why don’t you say anything about it,” Tina pipped up from the edge of the isle.

She shrugged “I dunno, he’s such a ladies man sometimes.” she put it in the carriage “He only sees me as a friend, and I don’t want to mess anything up between us.”

“That is the lamest fucking excuse I have ever heard,” Franco earned a few glares from the old ladies behind them “How do you know he if he only sees you as a friend, because from the few minutes I was there, I was not getting that friend-zone vib from him at all.”

She sighed looking at more of the dresses, then turned around scanning the shop. The sweaters were on the other side of the store.

“Just watch how he acts towards you than to me tonight,” Tina said, putting in a skirt she found.

“That doesn’t mean anything though,” she pushed their carriage towards the sweaters, her friends followed. “I mean, I’ve known him for a good while now, and he’s only known you for a year...” Drellla skimmed through the male sweaters, they were always much cozier and comfier than the females.

“I means everything Drell, just watch how he acts towards you,” Franco said, coming up next to her and looking on the rack.

She pulled out a black crewneck sweater with the words They Cannot Destroy You on it, she smiled and put it in the carriage. “Fine.” she pulled out a few grandpa sweaters that she knew would be comfy in the winter time. Maybe her friends were right, but how could she be sure. He acted around her like he acted around all the other guys. How could she tell..
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh so today I got my nose pierced and the guy who was working at the piercing place reminded me of a mix of Tony Perry and Mike Fuentes. He was really awesome, and suuuper sweet. He also had a tattoo of the deathly hallows on his arm. I wanted to befriend him.