We're Climbing up the Sky

Water fight

Drella sat in the lawn chair that was way too far down to the ground. You could feel the sweat in the air. There weren’t any kids coming to the merch tent because Pierce The Veil was playing. She sat there watching the guys play, they were jumping around. They were so energetic it was amazing, she loved watching them play.

“They’re like fucking mexican jumping beans!” Alex their tour manager said to her.

She laughed “Oh my god they are!”

They talked randomly, Alex was a good dude. He was an easy guy to talk to, and he wasn’t a douche like some of the guys She’s met on the road. He normally does the driving on the tours, so they didn’t really see much of him. Except for before the shows when he’s setting everyone up and getting everything ready for the guys to put on a fucking great show. He is a great tour manager.

“Oh hey so I got us a hotel room to stay in tonight,” he said as Drella finished giving a girl a sweater.

“Really? When do we have to be at the next venue?” she asked, sitting back down.

She played with her stretched ear lobes, pushing the wooden gauge out of her ears. She looked down at the piece, it was wooden and had the world carved into it, so that the sea was darker then the land. She put it back in.

“Not for a few days. So I’d thought tomorrow we can have a break day,” he said watching the guys run around the stage.

“Yeah I bet they would like that.” she said, half watching the guys play.

“Dreellllaa would you and Alex play a little game with me, it’s something I like to do,” Franco said as he came into the tent. She looked over at him, he had his camera in hand and it was filming. “It’s for the beautiful internet!”

She waved to the camera, “What does it entail..?”

“Yeah I don’t want to say yes than have to eat shit or something. Oh can I swear...or?” Alex said looking over at Franco.

“I’ll just bleep it out. And its just a would you rather game!” Franco said leaning up against a post.

Drella looked over at Alex, he looked back and shrugged “Why not.”

She nodded in agreement with him.

“OK! So guys this is Alex the tour manager of Pierce The Veil,” Alex waved “And this is Drella the band merch bitch and Jaimes cousin.” I glared at Franco. “So what we are doing is a would you rather game! Let’s get started! Okay would you rather fuck a penguin or have a alien explode out of your chest.”

“Fuck a penguin,” Alex said quickly, earning a laugh from both Franco and Drella.

“Wow you said that quickly Alex, but I’d fuck a penguin too.” she chuckled.

“Well it is much better than having a thing explode from your chest,” he said grinning at her.

“Alrighty then, next one. Would you rather be able to firebend or earthbend?”

Alex looked confused “Is that a refrenc-” his eyes widened “OH this is Avatar The Last Airbender stuff! OK”

She laughed “I’d like to firebend because you could bend lighting, but fucking earth bending! I mean you can bend metal! That’s fucking cool!” Drella was a huge Avatar The Last Airbender fan.

“Wait so firebenders can shoot fire from their fits and shit?” Alex said looking from Franco to Drella.

She nodded “Yeah they can do like all this martial arts shit but with fire, and earthbenders do the same but with earth.”

“Oooooh, I like fire so I’d probably want to bend fire.”

This went on for a while, then they switched to just messing around, Drella breaking to give people merch. Soon the concert was over and they were packing everything up, putting them back into the bus.

“So here are the keys to the rooms, we have three rooms so we’ll have to share beds or there is the ground and tube. And please don’t destroy anything,” Alex said handing them the keys. “I’m gonna go get some actual sleep, don’t stay up too late guys,” he said as he left.

Drella leaned against Tina. “We should go swimming, I bet they have a nice pool,” she said.

“I don’t have a bathing suit,” Tina said looking at her.

“I have a few, you can just wear the top and then some of my shorts!” Drella said getting up and opening her suitcase, pulling out a bathing suit for the two of them. “Pweeease!”

She shrugged, “Why not.” she took them.

Drella looked over at the guys who were talking “Hey guys we’re going swimming, you wanna join?”

They nodded, Tony went to his bedroom change. Drella was sharing a room with Jaime, Vic and Mike. Vic was sharing a room with Alex, and the light and sound techies. Tina and Franco weren’t staying over tonight, they were leaving at 12. Drella changed into her favorite poka-dot bathing suit, she slipped on a pair of bike shorts. She felt uncomfortable not wearing shorts.

“God I look like a pin up girl,” she muttered to herself as she put on a shirt over her slender body.

She pulled her pink hair up in a ponytail, the fringe falling out. She walked out, letting Tina change, Vic and Jaime have already changed. Franco was getting a suit from Tony at the moment. Mike was in his boxers, her face flooded with color and her hands shot up to her eyes.

“I’m so sorry Mike!” she yelped.

The guys chuckled.

“S’okay, you can open your eyes,” she peaked through her fingers, everyone was dressed. She let her hands fall to her waist.

Tina came out, grinning “Let’s go!”

They made their way down to the pool. When they got there, it was empty. Which was perfect. Drella looked around, there was a glass ceiling which you could see the moon and stars. Someone grab her hand and drag her into the pool. She hit the water, it was warm. When she resurfaced Mike was next to her, grinning.

“Mike! Not cool!” she splashed him, then swam away before he could splash her back.

She felt Mike wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her into him. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Franco smirking at her. She felt Mike go underwater, dragging her under. She wiggled out of his grip and swam away towards his brother.

“Viiiicc save me from yo’ brother!” Drella said as she jumped onto his back.

He made a weird unhuman noise as he kicked water towards Mike, but ended up splashing Jaime. This started into a full on battle, and Drella was on his back the entire time. She placed her chin on his wet head, and pouted. Water was being splashed in their faces, Vic was fighting it off, while she just sat there.

The water battle petered out, they left the pool when Tina and Franco had to leave. Drela teared up when they left, they were her best friends and it was always sad to see them leave. She was laying on a bed in her sweatpants and a tank top, half asleep.

“Hey Tony, Jaime and I are going to a club you guys in?” Vic said coming from the bathroom with clean cloths on. She grunted, notioning she was too tired to go. He shrugged “Mike you in?”

“Nah not tonight,” he said. “But tomorrow maybe, if we’re still here.”

“You guys are lame,” Vic said.

“Oh I’m sorry for being tired,” she grumbled rolling over in the bed pulling the sheets closer to her body.

“Fine, sleep well.” Vic said ruffling her hair, she swatted his hand away. “see you guys later.”

The door open and close. There was a dip in her bed, then she felt a warm body next to hers.

“Do you mind if I watch some tv?” Mike asked.

“No I don’t,” she mumbled into the pillow.

The light of the tv illuminated the room, Mike looked over at the half asleep girl by his side. Her long slender fingers were wrapped tightly around the bed sheets. She looked so peaceful and innocent. She moved closer to him, Mike put an arm around her pulling her closer. She placed a hand on his chest, making him smile. He bent down kissing her forehead softly before turning his attention to the television.

He's wanted this to happen for a long time, she was the only girl that he would rather cuddle with than fuck. Not that he hadn't thought about how nice it would be to sleep with her, but she’s different than the other girls. She actually cares about what he have to say, she doesn’t just like him because he's famous. She was just the nicest girl he's ever met.

“Goodnight Mike,” she mumbled into his chest.

He looked down at her face, her hair framed her face “Goodnight Drella,” he smiled.