We're Climbing up the Sky

The Grave Stone

She felt the grass against her skin, it tickled her leg as she kneeled down on the ground. She stared at the headstone of a girl too young to be under the ground. She picked at the grass, ripping it out of the soil. She looked down at the wilted flowers that lay before the grave. Then her gaze fell back onto the stone.

Andrea Sophie Preciado, Age 7

Born September 28, 1986. Died July 13, 1993

She was a wonderful young girl who always had a smile on her face. She will be missed and loved.

Drella looked away, staring off into the darkness that surrounded her. Cemeteries fascinated her, she would have never thought to bury the dead. What happens when there are too many people to fit underground. When she was little she would dream of underground caves packed to the top with corpses. That were all around the world, and they were running out of places to put the dead. She sighed.

“Andy I know you can’t hear me, I know it’s pointless to talk to you. But I want to tell you there isn’t a day I go without thinking about you. I’m sorry, mom and dad were right, it’s my fault. I should have been there when it happened, I’m sorry. I love you Andy, I should have been there. I’m sorry, I hope wherever you are you can hear me, and forgive me. Because if you did, maybe I would forgive myself. Because I don’t think I ever will,” tears were streaming down her face, she whipped them away “I love you Andy.”

She placed her hands on the ground, pushing herself into a standing position. She wandered through the dark cemetery. She knew this wasn’t the safest idea but at the moment she didn’t care. She made her way out of the cemetery, into the seemingly busy street. Her apartment was nearby so she walked home. The night air felt nice on her tear damped face. She took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly, making an attempt to calm her hiccupping lungs. She always liked taking walks in the night time, everything seemed much quieter and much calmer. She was able to think.

She knew she would have to tell Mike about what happened. She was just so scared he would turn her away and tell her it was her fault. She trusted Mike but she was just so scared of what he would think of her afterwards. She sighed and shoved the key in the lock. She opened the door to her empty apartment. Kicking her shoes off as she walked into the living room. The caffeine of the red bull was still in affect so she knew she would not get much sleep tonight. Not that she ever did get sleep. So she plopped herself down onto the couch, the book Tina was reading lay bounced up as she hit the couch.

She looked at it, flipping through the pages. The smell of old book filled her nostrils, one of her favorite smells. She began to get lost in the world of H.P Lovecraft, which scared her. She read till her eyes were led, she fell asleep with the book resting on her chest. Her arm slide off her chest and dangled over the edge of the couch. Her dreams were plagued by the walking dead and rats.

The rest of the crew came into her apartment an hour or so after Drella fell asleep. Josh, who was the designated driver, was too tired to addresses out of the drunk people, so he let them all crash at their place. They stumbled in, some more drunk than others. They woke Drella up, together Josh and Drella led everyone to a place to sleep. As a joke they undressed the shit-faced Jaime and Vic, and put them in a bed together. When everyone was passed out, Josh went to his room and fell asleep atop his bed sheets fully clothed.

Drella was unable to fall back asleep, even with a sleeping Mike next to her. She got out of bed and grabbed her computer. She curled up on the purple egg chair that was by the window. She surfed the web, checking make-up blogs and what not. She stumbled upon a college add, it flashed in her face. Asking if she was unhappy with her job, well she didn’t have one so yes she was unhappy with her job. Long ago Drella realized when she got tired her brain shuts down and something takes control over her body. She likes to call that something sleepy carl. Sleepy carl was telling her this was a stupid idea, that she shouldn’t click it. But when he didn’t want her to do something, she knew it was the right idea.

She bit her lip, it was just a stupid add. Her fingers hovered over the bottom, she clicked it. She began to read the article about people changing their lives and doing something they love. She ran her hands through her hair, she wondered what she would be doing in 20 years. Maybe working at a bookstore, or a restaurant. She sat there in the darkness, the only light came from her computer screen.

She sat in the same position till the sun rose. The morning light went in through her open window and shown down on the floor. She looked up from her computer, her gaze fell upon the sleeping man. He was cuddled up to her pillow, he had an adorable thing with cuddling. He always had to hold something while sleeping. She smiled and closed her laptop, placing it carefully on the ground. She tiptoed over to her bed. Slipping under the sheets, he wrapped an arm around her small frame. He nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, his forming mustache tickled her, she giggled softly. She snuggled closer to his warm body. They stayed like this till people began to wake up. Mike let her go and stretched. He placed his hands on his face and rubbed it. Feeling sick from last nights drinking.

Drella looked over at him and smiled. “Good morning Mikey.”

He yawned and sat up, “Morning.”

Drella curled up in the sheets, not wanting to get out.

“Did you get home alright?” Mike asked, pulling at the sheets that covered her body.

She felt a little guilty for lying to him “Yeah I did. How was it after I left?”

He shrugged “It was okay, Vic and Tony ended up dancing on a table, which got us kicked out.”

She chuckled “Why did that get you kicked out?”

“Oh they ended up breaking the table.” he said as he got out of the bed, and pulled on his pants.

“Oh that makes more sense,” she laughed.

“Did we wake you up last night?” he looked over at her as she got out of the bed, pulling her tank top over her stomach. She shook her head. “Oh I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” she said picking out an outfit for the day.

The dressed in silence, neither of them that awake. She fixed the studded collar so it would come out of her Harry Potter sweater she was wearing. She turned around to face him. He smirked when he saw the sweater.

“Get the snitch or die trying. That’s my girl,” he chuckled.

She wrapped her arms around his waist “So I’m your girl?”
“Of course you are,” he smiled down at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drella's outfit http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=59753437

hey so sorry it's short and I haven't posted in a while, been busy with school/theater and I've been dealing with a break up. So I just haven't been that much enthused about shit. Sorry, I'll try to update more.
here's my Phil Manansala fanfic that I just started
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/488077/Ive-Earned-an-A-Not-Just-in-School-But-In-Life/