Status: Woohoo! Random story time.

New Horizon

0.1

The time it took for the world to realize that nightmarish monsters existed was the exact amount of time these monsters needed to rise up against the ever growing population of humans. Most people did not expect this, and those that did were only mildly prepared for it. The events of the war between humans and monsters, or demons as they came to be called, were undocumented and confusing to say the least. No one is even quite sure of what happened, even those who fought in the war.

The only sure thing is how the war was ended: through the combined forces of (what remained of) the world armies and the Demon Hunters. No one know what the Hunters were originally meant to be, but scientist say that they came out differently than intended. The only known fact is that all Hunter were human test subject, or volunteers. There were many failures that did not survive testing stages. It took nearly a year for researchers to get correct the formula, and even then many people say they were wrong.

The first Demon Hunters were men, all older and many of them war veterans. The formula that created them changed their very DNA structure; they became faster, stronger, and smarter. All as intended, but there came to be some unintended side effects: they healed faster than any normal being, almost to the point of regeneration; they had a taller stature, some even surpassed 7 feet; and many of them lost their natural eye color, it changed to things like silver, purple, or even red on rare occasions. But no one cared; the men became the ultimate soldiers to fight the newly discovered monsters.

They weren't enough. In the first years, the number of demon hunters started at a hundred. There were thousands of demons to fight, and so, by the end though, the number had gone down to ten. People were hesitant to allow more humans to be made into these strange new beings. But it had to be done. Men and women, all wounded soldiers who volunteered, became part of the new hunter army. The next couple of years saw nearly six hundred of them. This time, it made a difference.

No one is sure how, but the Demon Hunters nearly managed to wipe monsters off the face of the planet. The number to monsters had shrunk to less than a thousand (counting all types/species) and the Hunters still had about five hundred (more than enough to finish off the remaining demon population). Out of need, the monster made a truce, and out of mercy, the Hunters excepted.

The peace treaty was written up and signed by the leaders of each "clan" (as they liked to be called). The Hunter's elected a president to sign the treaty for all of them. His name was Animyas Jones, one of the first, still surviving hunters. Through this treaty, peace rained over the world, giving people enough time to view the aftermath of such a terrible war. Many agreed that it had to be the last; the world could not survive another.

But not everyone was happy that this treaty was signed. There were those, human, hunter, and otherwise, who still had animosity for their ex-foes. And though there was a blanket of peace laid over the world as people began to rebuild, there was fighting going on in the shadows.

Humans hated association with Hunters more so than with Demons. So the Hunters left and created their own little sect on a string of the forgotten, unpopulated islands. Many of them went on to pair up and have children, going on to live happily, away from human interference. The only time they ever left was to straighten matters between humans and demons out.

Things were good. But can you really trust outside appearances.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so, first chapter of this story. I have been working on it a lot. I know, this chapter probably sucks a lot, but it's part one of the prologue. Oh yeah, I have to say that the chapter set up is going to be a bit weird for this story, so bear with me.
What you need to know:

Okay, since this is the prologue, the first number is a 0, to show that it is not part of the present story, but an opening to it. The decimal depicts with part of the chapter this is. Since this is part one of the prologue, it gets a .1. There are three parts, so part two is 0.2, and part three is 0.3. Chapter 1, part 1 is 1.1 (this will go for every chapter). Got it? Good! On with the show!