Guess Who

Starting

Click, click, click. Hissssss…
Officer: Please state your name, sir.
James: Jameson Kalvin Sinclair.
Officer: Please begin your statement, Mr. Sinclair.
James: Just call me James. I’m really only seventeen, you know that. So please, call me James. There is no need to be so formal.
Officer: Just begin your statement, James. We haven’t got all day.
James: Alright fine. Here we go:
I stood in the door way of the great hall. My eyes watched the crowd scanning for a victim. Something about crashing the masquerade excited me. My senses spread out amping up sound and smell especially. I had come here with a purpose and I wasn’t about to let it slip out of my fingers.
“Come out, come out wherever you are.” I thought to myself as I looked for the familiar face of the boy I was hunting. This is what I did. I hunted the kids that were bad for the rest of the town. I changed them. Helped them learn to behave.
Officer: What gives you the right to teach them this?
James: My special abilities of course. Hah. Surely your captain told you of me.
Officer: No he hasn’t but that’s no matter. Just continue your statement.
James: As I was saying, this is what I did for the community. I enjoyed my job. After several moments of looking about the room I spotted him, standing with a young, very attractive blonde. He was chatting the girl up I assumed by the way she was blushing and smiling. “Ahh there you are, my boy.” I had whispered to myself. I let him enjoy his moment with the girl before asking her politely to move on to the next person.
Officer: I thought you were still in the door way of the great hall.
James: I was. This is what I meant by my special abilities. I can cause them to think, see, or hear something they really didn’t. I effect their minds.
Officer: Who are they?
James: The people I hunt. Please do try to keep up, Mr. Officer. May I continue?
[Nods]
James: Anyway, I politely asked her to move on to the next being, which she so kindly did. Soon I focused my attention on this boy. What did you say his name was?
Officer: Clayton.
James: Ahh yes. Clayton. I began to focus on him.
“Oh! Well imagine the darkest things you can. No one can save you now. No one can hear you so don’t scream.”
I forced the words into his mind. In several seconds he began to shake and make his way swiftly across the room to me. Well not to me but to the doors at which I still stood. By the way he kept looking over his shoulder I assumed the poor lad was hallucinating. So I followed, purely concerned for his safety. [Laughs] But I know you wouldn’t believe me if I told you what I did wasn’t a bad thing. When I followed him I made sure no one had seen us as we left. I followed him into the darkest area of the alley way and spoke to his mind again.
“You are stuck under a waterfall. You are drowning. The water is forcing you to the bottom of the pool of water. The water is cold, so cold that your lungs are closing. Darkness taunts the edges of your vision and you finally decide to quit fighting. You close your eyes….” And then he was dead, Mr. Officer.
Officer: So let me get this straight. You killed Clayton Jones with his own delusions brought on by you? And how do you know it was you and not something else, James?
James: Simple. I was there. I saw the fear in his eyes when he realized that I was the one who was going to be the death of him.
Officer: What about the other deaths: Vivian Print, Callie Saint John, Marcus Ely, and Devon Gallagher?
James: I had nothing to do with their deaths. But I do know what happen to them. But you mustn’t expect me to tell you who killed them. That is against my morals. Let’s play a little game, shall we? I’ll tell you the names of the people who killed them but you have to figure out who killed who. I cannot be a rat for the police.
Officer: You’ll tell me the names of the killers but not which person they killed? Sounds fair enough I suppose.
James: Good. Now the types of death:
1. Self-Immolation (setting self on fire)
2. Filicide (parent killing child)
3. Poisoning
And finally:
4. Sororicide
Officer: We know how they died. We just need to know who killed them and why.
James: You want to know why they were killed? Oh well that you’ll have to guess too. The people:
1. Bruce Leon – 57 years old
2. Clark Wolfe – 25 years old
3. Tyler Fawn – 16 years old
4. Siren Claire – 23 years old.
Now something you must know, Mr. Officer, is that each of their death has to do with how they died.
Officer: Please just get on with this. Like I said previously, we haven’t got all damn day.
James: Let’s start with one Marcus Ely. He is my favorite of course.