The Devil On Your Shoulder

-Christmas Special-

---Author's note---
This is NOT connected to the storyline in anyway. It's just one of those one off things that I meant to write before Christmas but forgot about. Jack's still in the hospital and this is either a flashback or a flashforward. You'll have to wait and see.

-------------------------------------

The day started with the warmth of his lips on my own. "I love you." He whispered.

And that was just about as mature as he was all day.
Jack always got up at a stupidly early time on Christmas. This would be our 3rd Christmas together, and even though I loved Christmas more than the next person, any time before 6am was the devil hour.
I kissed Jack back, liking this way of waking me up as it was normally: a) jumping on me, b) poking me repeatedly, or c) screaming "Alex get the fuck up you bastard, it's Christmas" over and over again until I managed to make my way out of bed to punch him in the face.
His breath smelt like a mixture of strawberries and alcohol. I couldn't quite decide whether I liked it or not.
By now, I'd memorized Jack's taste. Even when he was drinking or just brushed his teeth, the same taste was always there somewhere. I'd kissed many people before, and at the risk of sounding soppy as fuck, Jack's taste was beyond my favourite.
I rubbed my eyes and moved my hand to Jack's hair, where I wrapped strands of it around my fingers while pressing down onto his mouth as hard as I could for someone who was still half asleep. I felt his light grin on my own grin when he suddenly shot away, causing me to land on the bed face first.
"Fuckin' hell, Jack." I groaned, ruffling my face in the pillows. "What're you doing??" I groaned again, rolling around the bed.
"It's-"
"Christmas, I know, that's ALL you went on about yesterday. It's Christmas. It's Christmas. Hey Alex, incase you forgot from the last time I told you which was 10 seconds ago, it's motherfucking Christmas!"
"Quit complaining you asshole, you signed up for this. You signed the paper work dammit, don't buy the China if you can't accept the loveable quirks that come with the package man."
"You make it sound like I bought you."
"You did, didn't you?" He said and I could tell he was grinning. I rolled myself off the bed, lay on the floor for a while before Jack threw a t-shirt at me and kicked my shin a couple of times.
"You kick my shin one more time and I swear to God,"
"You'll kill me? You can't kill a guy on Christmas. That's like the worst crime in the history of crimes."
I groaned again, although I was laughing inside. I finally picked myself up and threw the t-shirt back at him. "I'm not wearing a t-shirt. My body is fine the way it is." I said, stroking my stomach.
"You don't wanna scare the neighbours."
"Fuck off, ALL the neighbours want a piece of the Gaskarth machine."
"Too bad it's taken, am I right?"
"Who you callin' taken, I'm a free motherfucker."
Jack laughed sarcastically. "In your 'motherfucking' dreams." He said, emphasising on the word 'motherfucking', and then pulled me into one of his weird jealous kisses.

We finally made it downstairs, hand in hand as that's what his family had done as a child. We didn't immediately go into the living room, where the presents from our parents and friends were, he took me into the kitchen instead, and of course not failing to point out that, "You haven't punched me today yet." He grinned and I winked. "I know, I'm saving it for later."
He hit me over the head lightly before making his way over to the top drawer. I sat on the table and watched as he took out a plate and placed it carefully onto the counter. And when I say carefully, I mean as careful as an elephant walking through New York City.
Not that elephants would walk through NYC. That'd be pretty cool though.
I carried on watching him as he made his way to the fridge and took out almost everything. Bread (he kept bread in the fridge. Asshole), cheese, butter, pre-cooked fish and chicken, strawberries and whipped cream. He then advanced to the other food drawer. He took out pancakes, waffles, chocolate and every type of sweet I'd heard of, from Mars Bars to Haribos.
He proceeded to open everything he'd taken out, throw them all onto the plate that was clearly to small to fit everything on it. He cut up some cheese, took out a few slices of bread, buttered the bread, placed one slice of chicken and one slice of cheese into each slice of bread and then folded them up, took out 2 more slices of bread, took out strawberries and topped them with whipped cream, then placed half of the strawberries and whipped cream into the sliced bread and left the rest on the plate. He then toasted the pancakes and waffles and when they were done spreaded some chocolate over the waffles and then put the rest of the chocolate into a bowl and into the microwave. He placed the rest of the sweets neatly on the plate, all except for the Haribos. He took the chocolate out of the microwave and took the bowl and Haribos over to me.
"Hold out your hand." He commanded.
I looked up at him, frowning. "No...."
"Stop being a girl and hold your fucking hand out!" I didn't like being called a girl so I put my hand out. He grinned and spread the chocolate over my hand and stuck 5 Haribos in it. "Eat."
I shook my head. "Ha. Fuck off."
He raised his eyebrow. "There's a lot of things I could decide NOT to do to you today."
I scanned his face to check he was serious. "I'm completely serious." He said as if he could read my mind. Which, to be honest, he probably could. I shrugged my shoulders and ate what was on my hands.
At first, it was disgusting. Seriously disgusting. But then I managed to taste the chocolate and the Haribos seperately, and then together, and somehow it became one of our Christmas traditions.

Once Jack had stopped poisioning me with different combinations of food, he took the masterpiece of a plate into the living room and placed it down on the table. I, of course, wasn't allowed to enter that room until it was filled with every gift he'd bought me, so I sat on the kitchen table playing Lego Star Wars on his shitty xbox until he was finished.
"I don't know why you don't just let me sleep until you're finished this. It would probably make your day a lot more enjoyable." I shouted through the door.
"Nah," He replied, "Sleepy Alex is better than normal Alex."
"I don't know whether-" I began.
"It's a compliment." He said and once again, I did that thing where although I couldn't see him I knew he was grinning.

Once he was finished he opened the kitchen door and looked at me for a while. I could tell he was watching me, but I really wanted to complete this level so I let him. After I'd lost all of my 5 lives and completely sucked the game dry, I turned to face him.
"You know you're really really shit at that game." He grinned and I punched him.
"Happy Punchmas!" I grinned and he scowled at me, holding his face. I was a good puncher.

He pulled me through to the living room, and my jaw literally dropped to the ground. Well, not literally literally, but if this was a cartoon or a dream, it 100% would have.
The Christmas tree me and Jack had decorated ourselves was in the back of the room, and it was fair to say it was crap. Me and Jack were the least creative people you'd meet, ever, and along with that we were the most childish people too. I was sort of glad it was at the back.
The Christmas lights we'd bought at Wal-mart were hung around the edges of the house, and although we'd bought the cheapest and the shittest, it looked fantastic. Jack had obviously bought some sort of fake snow, either that or 50 tonnes of crack, and left it all around the room. The carpets, sofas, cushions, you name it, everything was covered in it. The presents were presented beautifully on the floor and the tinsel was spread evenly around the room too.
All that was missing was a fucking fat guy dressed as Santa.
"It's awesome, Jacky." I told him and he clapped his hands, pulling me to the sofa and throwing me down on it. He picked up a present, and I watched as he placed his ass on my legs. Just as I thought he was gonna kiss me or do something romantic, he threw a present in my face and demanded me to open it.
I looked up at him, and back down at my present again. I took away the poorly, really poorly wrapped, wrapping paper, revealing a clearly very expensive watch, with the ingravings, 'Forever.' on it. I grinned up at him and he grinned back, taking the watch out my hand and turning it over, where 'Jack' was written on one side and 'Alex' on the other. Although I wasn't nervous or excited, the fuzzy feeling of butterflies or whatever the metaphor was, flew into my stomach and I grabbed Jack's head, pulling him onto the sofa and lying on top of him, pushing my mouth into his own. He kissed me back, harder than I'd expected. "Thank you," I whispered through our kisses, "You literally- mean the worl-"
"Yeah, yeah, shut up." He whispered back, grinning.

I opened a few more of his presents, which revealed a t-shirt, some skinny jeans, some joggers, and a Lego Lord Of The Rings XBOX game with the note 'Let's hope you're better at this one than Star Wars.' Which although was totally insulting, I admittedly laughed at.
We then opened the presents from his mom and mine, which included traditonal 5 pairs of socks, matching shirts and some crappy DVD we'd never ever watch.
Once we were finished I ran upstairs, fishing out a couple of presents and running back downstairs.
I walked back into the living room, a little out of breath. "New Years Resolution number 1: eat less fucking chocolate and Haribos and get out running more." Jack teased and I scoffed.
We sat crossed legged on the ground as I watched him open his presents. The wrapping that was MUCH neater than Jack's revealed a record player with Blink-182 and New Found Glory records, a Toblerone bar and a 'I hate everyone' top. I watched him as he grinned at them all, and then kissed me, more confidently than he'd ever done before. I grinned to myself as he pushed me over so that I was lying on my back and he was lying on top of me.
I let him kiss me for a bit, teased him with my mouth. I ran my mouth down his collarbone and he kissed my neck, letting out slight moans. Just as he began taking off his shirt I put my hand to his chest to stop him. "Do you REALLY think all I got you for Christmas was a record player and a chocolate bar? Really, Jack? After you got me like a $50 watch?"
"It wasn't $50, but it's nice you think I'm made of money." He grinned. "What'd you get me?"
I took his hand, placing the other hand over his eyes and pulling him outside. "Fuck Alex, what're we doing out here? It's freezing! Why can't you give me your present inside?"
"Just shut the fuck up and walk." I told him, kneeing his leg.
"Owwwww."
When we got to the assigned place I let go of his hand and slowly took away my other hand from his eyes. When he opened his eyes he let out a little scream, before jumping on me and then jumping on the car.
"Fuck Alex, fucking fuck fuck, you got me a CAR?" He shouted, launching himself at me again.
"Nah. I just bought this car and put a ribbon on it. Not for you. Nope."
"I looooooooooooooooooooove you!" He said, dragging out the 'o' in love for way too long. "Like love love LOVE you!" He grinned at me before pressing me up against the door of his car and pressing his lips against mine. "Let's go get drunk." He grinned.
"I have a better idea," I laughed and unlocked the car, pulling him onto the backseat and jumping on top of him, slamming the door behind me.

I woke up to a knock on the window. I opened my eyes, realized I was in a car. Naked. Beside Jack. Who was also naked. I then looked out the window, prayed to God it wasn't my mom, saw it was Oliver and breathed a sigh of relief.
"Nice penis." He grinned at me.
"Don't you wish you were gay." I shouted back at him before throwing on Jack's t-shirt and joggers and then punching Jack to wake him up.
"Fuck, what- shit!" He said when he saw Oliver and realized that he was infact, naked. "Fuck!"
"It's alright, he's not looking at you, he's admiring MY art."
"I highly doubt that." Jack grinned as he pulled on my boxers and emerged from the car. I watched as Jack grinned at Oli, before smacking him in the face, which obviously didn't do much as Jack was basically the weakest person I knew, and holding his hand as he laughed in pain.

We took Oliver inside and put Home Alone 2 into the DVD player, took our plate of crap, laid out a tonne of beers, put all the blinds down and got more drunk than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry frickin' Christmas everyone!! Hope you like this chapter. As I say it's completely unrelated to the storyline and basically just because I love Christmas!! Hope you all had a good one. New chapter soon-ish......... Hopefully.