Status: Updating as often as I can (layout by chasing carousels;)

What You Want Me To

I'd be cured from the ache that ensues every time that I wake

"And the party don't start till I walk in!" The last person I wanted to see at this hour of the morning shouted as he walked in through the Starbucks door, clad in bright red pants and a striped shirt.

I focused my attention on the drink I was making, ignoring the hopeful smile of the so-called famous "Louis" who was waiting in line to order his coffee. I finished off a few orders, calling out their names to gain everyone's attention, before I came across a cup with a very familiar name on it. The little devil on my shoulder was telling me, "Sedona, mess up his drink order to piss him off," while the little angel sitting on the opposite shoulder was shunning the devil, telling him all about how he was a terrible person. Surely, I was going crazy.

"Venti, Pumpkin Spice Latte for Lewis," I called out, emphasizing his name just to tick him off.

Like the previous day, he strutted up towards the counter with a smirk on his face, "You'd think by getting to know me you'd learn that is indeed not my name."

I shrugged, practically shoving the drink into his waiting hands, "My apologies. I didn't mean to upset you."

"Oh, lay off of it, Sedona. I'll make an offer yet again... Come out to dinner with me tonight. The XFactor isn't on, you won't have anything to miss," He grinned cheekily, stepping off to the side of the counter to leave room for the next customer.

I ignored him for a little while, letting all of my attention focus on the drink I was making for another impatient customer. Every person that was cramped into the small coffee shop were carrying out their own conversations, creating the perfect atmosphere for me to ignore my new found stalker. With all of the murmuring going on, I could act like I didn't hear Louis' request.

Louis tapped on the counter, "You finish your shift at three, yes?"

I raised my eyebrow at him, curious as to how he knew my work schedule.

"I take that as a yes. I'll be here at three o'clock sharp to take you out for a very late lunch, and possibly an early dinner. Don't even bother trying to tell me that you aren't coming, you won't leave this building unless you agree to come out with me," On that note, Louis smirked and made his way out the double doors, gripping his drink in both hands.

Boy, did he make me hate people even more.

Image

"Your knight in shining armor has arrived," Louis proclaimed, walking into Starbucks right as I was taking my green apron off.

I had a strong sense of discomfort settle into my stomach as I followed Louis out the front door. I couldn't put a finger on why I felt such strong, negative emotions against the fellow already. I'm assuming it had something to do with his boisterous personality and obnoxious sense of style. At the moment I was currently sleep deprived, starving, and just flat out annoyed. Not exactly the best combination of emotions one should have before going out on a date.

Louis gestured for me to sit in the backseat next to him. After much contemplation about whether or not I should just book it and run, or actually sit next to the man, the good angel on my shoulder mentally shoved me into the seat. I crossed my arms with a slight "Hmmph," and directed my gaze towards the front of the car.

"How does it know that you have one of the hottest guys on Planet Earth pining after you, yet you keep shutting him down?" Louis asked, a slight smirk tugging on his lips.

"You're kind of a prick," I spat, rolling my eyes.

His face fell immediately, his normally bright and shiny eyes taking a turn in the opposite direction and instantly filling with sadness. Now, this should make any normal person with somewhat of a heart feel bad. Let me be the one to remind you that I'm not a normal person, and I'm often compared to the Grinch, not having a heart or having one "Three sizes too small."

We arrived at some fancy looking restaurant, one that I was most likely completely under dressed for.

"I know what you're thinking. Don't worry about your outfit, I look just like you do. But you can do anything when you're world famous," He stated, taking my hand and leading me towards the front door.

I wanted to slap the stupid smirk that had returned right off his face. In case Louis Tomlinson was completely oblivious, I did not want to be on this date and I certainly didn't care that he was famous.

Snap

"Well that certainly was not supposed to happen," Louis mumbled, taking note of the group of paparazzi standing outside the front entrance of the restaurant.

I turned to face him, sending him death glares, "I swear to everything that is Holy, if I end up on the front cover of some cheap ass Tabloid magazine, I will cut every inch of your pretty little hair off. Then, while you're sleeping, I will dye your eyebrows purple and possibly use surgical instruments to remove your manhood."

Instead of looking scared like he should have, Louis' stupid smile doubled in size, "Great! We'll finally get to spend quality time together! Maybe you can tell me why you hate people so much while you cut off my hair."

Once again, Louis was a nice reminder of why I was so completely bitter towards everyone around me.

"I'm going to tell you this, right here and right now. I'm not a people person... At all. I don't believe in love and I don't believe that I need love to survive. I will be able to continue out my days, alone with my cat. So if you please help me get this dinner done and over with, I'd appreciate it," I sighed, sitting down at the table we had been guided to.

Louis looked at me, his eyebrow raised slightly, "You're going to have to let someone in sooner or later, Sedona."

I laughed.

I had survived 18 years on my own. I could survive another 70.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my finest work. Not very proud of this update at all, actually.

Needed to get something out since it's been almost two weeks.

I have so much homework to do because of all my missed school. Sigh.

Until next time, Sydney