Status: just something i'm trying out. if you like it, write a comment or something. that simple.

Don't Know How to Stop

Chapter 4

The time passed and the days floated together. Suddenly he had been there for a week and gotten himself into a routine. No further productive routine for that matter, he started his day by getting up in the middle of the day, and then he stayed in the apartment and talked on the phone with Brittany if she had time or played video games. In the evening he either usually saw a movie while he drank himself so drunk that he passed out. He hadn't told anyone about what bothered him more than what he had told Ben when they were at Taco Bell.

That was how his days looked and the thoughts to greet his parents nagged at the back in his head but he had promised that he would go with James and maybe Cam to the UK, which where the reason he stayed. And he repeated it so many times that he almost started to believe it even if the thoughts of Ben lingered in his mind.

So when his cellphone woke him up at 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning by ringing and ruined his routine, he muttered angrily insults; he hated that people had the tendency to wake him up by calling him. Sam pressed the answer button without looking at the screen to see who was calling.
”What?!”
”Well good morning to you too Sunshine” Ben said, sounding amused, and suddenly Sam was wide awake.
”I don’t appreciate the sarcasm at this fucking ungodly hour.”
”Ungodly huh?” His friend laughed even more. At least someone was amused by this. ”James told me you’re acting like a whiny teenage girl that’s on her period. Wanna tell me what the fuck is going on mate?”
“I’ve told you already Ben.”
“And I think you’re overreacting.”
“I don’t care what you think.” Lies.
“Whatever, I’m at the apartment in an hour or so, we’re going out.”
Sam was about to protest when he heard a click, shocked he looked at his phone and see that the bastard hung up on him. He sat up, despite the hangover that was killing his head but all Sam could do was to try to ignore it, so he could go and make himself acceptable.

When an hour had gone there wasn’t a knock of the door, no, but instead he heard a hell of a noise outside the apartment, by a car that honked. Sam looked in the mirror again, poking a bit in his hair; he had straightened and styled it, and corrected his grey & black baseball shirt. Then Sam put his phone and wallet in his blue skinny jeans pockets. After that he went out, locked the door, towards the car that Ben was in. Sam glanced up at the sun, pissed over the fact that it would be so damn warm in Dallas, and then sat in the car, which drove off immediately when he closed the door behind him.

”Where are we going?”
“The studio”
Sam gave him a confused look. “I thought we would take a break from that for a few months, until Danny’s feeling better.”
“Just because we’re taking a break from AA, doesn’t mean I’m taking a break from my solo project.”
“Oh.” He was kind of surprised. He knew Ben had a solo project but he hadn’t given it much thought, just accepted the fact. “But why are you taking me with you? I don’t think I would be able to help you that much..”
“Eh, just thought it would be a fun thing, might distract you from your ‘problems’ or whatever.”
Ben gave him another smile before turning to the road again.

Was it just him or did Ben smile and laugh more often than usually? It felt like that. Maybe it was because for once they actually had a vacation?
Though they were restless; you could tell that from the way James were drumming with his fingers everywhere he could, how Cam and Ben always scratched their fingers as if there was an annoying itch and how Sam often were making some kind of rhythm with his feet or did the same thing as Cam & Ben. And maybe the lead guitarist was right; a trip to the studio might help him, at least ease his restlessness, even if his company was the problem.

“Yeah, thanks.” He bit his lip and leaned back to make himself more comfortable. “I appreciate that.”
“Anything for you, you sexy little hobbit”
For that he couldn't help the laughter that bubbled up from his throat. “Shut up.”

They parked the car just in time for his cheeks to cool down from the furious blush that had been formed because Ben had called him sexy. And a hobbit. But none the less, sexy.
He felt pathetic; he really was acting like a hormonal teenager, especially for something so stupid. Ben calls everyone sexy, so it’s nothing special at all.

Sam had never been here before so he followed the taller one like a lost little puppy while looking around, memorizing the details and the way. It didn't take long before they were in the studio. Sam sat down in one of the chairs and turned to his friend, who was holding two bottles of beers. Where the fuck did he get those?

“From the little fridge in the corner” Ben said as if he read Sam’s mind.
“Oh, but aren't you driving mate?”
“Nah, we can just take cab and Sam can pick the car up or something.”
“Okey.” He grabbed the other beer from the others grasp, making sure their hands didn't touch, and opened it; or he tried to. Helpless he looked at Ben who opened his with his teeth. How did he do that? He tried once with James but he failed and accidently broke a tooth.
“Uh, would you?” He smiled cheekily and without a word Ben opened it in a few seconds and gave it back.
“Thanks” Sam spun around in the chair and turned to the machine (omg, I have no idea what that recorder-with-many-buttons-thingy is called). “So gonna show me what you've got?”
“Only if you show me yours too sexy” Ben winked and took a seat in the other chair, pressing some buttons and so on.

Another blush formed on his cheeks and he drank from his beer, anything to try to cover it up.
“Save your comments for Danny, please” Sam muttered, not daring to look at his friends face.
“Your reactions is more fun though, Danny never blushes or look away.” Ben chuckled and poked his cheek with a finger.

Sam glared at Ben, trying to look grumpy but his oh-so obvious blush and the amused grin he tried to hide wasn't as intimidating as he would have wanted.
“Shut up” He said after a while, when he didn't figured out a good come back.
“Okey, so I only have four songs recorded and the rest is just lyrics on paper and a few cords.” Sam nodded and drank more from his beer that for the record had to be the most disgusting thing he ever tasted.

“So here it is.” … “It’s different from AA just to warn you, a bit calmer sound.” … “Not acoustic calm though, more like English rock ...”
“Fucks sake Ben, just press the play-button.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm ending your misery right here, hah.
i know i said this was going to be a long chapter but i didn't get as many comments as i wanted, although i adore you who did<3 and i got a few more subscribers so :D here you go!