The Zombie Apocalypse Diary

Chapter 1

"You'll never guess what I found!" I said, excitedly to Nick, my boyfriend.

"What?" he asked, instead of guessing,

"I found the diary of my a lot of greats grandmother, Charlotte Hale!" I held out the diary to show him.

"Wow, you found an old diary about boyfriends and fights with best friends," he said, unenthusiastic as he laced up his cleats.

"Well, I haven't read any of it yet, I just looked at the date on the first couple pages. This dairy is a thousand years old!"

I looked down at the leather bound journal, that was cracked and the ink on the pages was starting to thin. I was surprised that it was still legible after all this time. There wasn't anything special on the outside about this diary, but I knew what might interest Nick.

"You might not find the diary itself interesting, but how I found it was," he looked over at me, signaling that he was listening. "While I was getting ready for school, I took my locket off to take a shower. When I came back for it, it was opened-"

"It was opened? It's been stuck since before your aunt Jade gave it to your dad to give to you."

"I know! I was shocked, on one side of the inside of the locket was a small picture of two baby twins, one dressed in pink, the other in blue. On the other side was tiny writing, so tiny I had to get a magnifying glass to read it."

"What did it say?" Nick asked, sitting down on the bench before going to soccer practice.

"It said the address of my house and attic, safe with lock similar to locket. My curiosity got the best of me and I went to check it out. There's always been this safe inside the attic, that was bolted to the floor, so we couldn't get rid of it. When I looked at the lock to it, it was my locket opened up. Inside was this dairy," I finished.

"That's an interesting tale, but unless you're doing a family tree thing in class it's not going to be much use to you. I'd forget about it and move on with my life. Are we still going to John's party?" He asked, getting off the bench. I frowned and wished he saw the interest I had for what was in the dairy.

"Nick, practice started five minutes ago! Get your butt over here and stop flirting with girls!" Coach Anderson yelled.

"Yeah, hurry up and get to practice. I don't want to have to watch you do conditioning after practice is over again." He nodded, gave me a quick peck on the lips and ran to join his team mates.

I sat down on the bleachers and began to read the diary.