The Zombie Apocalypse Diary

Chapter 4

"Hey, mom!" I called through the house.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I followed her voice to where she said she was.

The kitchen was my favorite place. Not just because all the food was here, but because it had an island in the center, that we put bar stools to. I spent a lot of time in here doing homework or just using my laptop.

"What can you tell me about Charlotte Hale?" She put her finger to her lips, thinking for a minute.

"Well, I remember reading some where that she was put into a mental hospital. They said she constantly talked about zombies, saying they took over, but it was really a conspiracy the government planned up to decrease the population."

"Do we have any pictures or anything about her?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Go to the attic and look with the other family albums. You'll probably have to go through all the earlier ones, because I know in the year 2012 she just disappeared." I nodded and headed to the attic.

Once I was in the attic I walked over to a medium-sized bookshelf that had different sizes of photo albums. I'm glad my mom is a neat freak because she labeled everything in the family albums from the people in them to the years it had in them.

The earliest album I could find was 1995. I grabbed 1995-2012, which was five of them. The first couple were filled with a baby with sticking blue eyes, then a toddler with the same eyes so I assume it was the same girl. After that the girl with the blue eyes disappeared and my mom never labeled who she was.

I started putting them away, when I saw a book that was labeled with anything. I pulled it out and it was just filled with papers. They were all for Charlotte Hale. She was emitted into Johns Hopkins psychiatric ward. The only thing I got that wasn't in doctor language was that she was having delusions about zombies. She actually killed someone thinking that they were zombies trying to eat her. I signed wishing that there was a picture of her.

"Did you find it?" My mother asked.

"Yes and no. There's no pictures of her. Just her form to Johns Hopkins."

"When the committed her, they burned or threw away the pictures so they wouldn't have a constant reminder of their baby girl that turned crazy. There were a few picture of her early years, when she was a baby and toddler. She had the most amazing eyes.

"The baby with the blue eyes?"

"Yeah! Dinner will be ready soon, so after you wash your hands and change your clothes come down." I nodded and looked down at my self. I was covered in dust.

So Charlotte was put into a psychiatric hospital. Maybe this diary is just a load of crap. I just shrugged though, books are basically a load of crap. A good load of crap that can transfer you into a another world. I'll keep reading it, just to find out what happened in the mind of Charlotte Hale