The Zombie Apocalypse Diary

Chapter 7

"Lucy! Nick's here!" My mom shouted.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute!" I shouted back.

I completely forgot that John's party was tonight. I'm not much of a partier, but Nick likes to go get away from his parents and hangout with his friends, me, and drink beer. Sometimes I'll see one of my friends there, then I'm having an okay time, but usually I'm pretty bored. After watching the same kids get drunk and do the same stupid things, it's not entertaining.

I quickly put on the first things my hands touched which were a pair of black shorts and a royal blue tank top. I slipped on some flats and grabbed a bag. I threw my wallet and my phone inside. I started heading out my door, but stopped. I went back and grabbed the diary and put it into my bag, then headed down stairs.

Nick was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. He had taken a shower and put on jeans and a shirt. He smiled at me, I smiled back. He held out his hand and I grabbed it. I called out to my mom that we were leaving. As I opened the door my mom stopped us.

"Okay, so even though we've been over this a million times, I want to go over the rules about going to parties again," my mom said, crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes.

"If both of us drink, call you to get a ride home. Always have your phone on and answer it. Since it's Friday be home by one at the latest, but midnight is better."

"I think you forgot one," my mother said, tapping her foot. I skipped that one for obvious reasons.

"No sex," I grumbled.

"Yep, that's all of them. You guys have a good time, but not a good time," she said, as we started walking out of the house.

"You're so embarrassing!" I told her, before we got into Nick's car.

"I love you, too, sweety!"

Nick laughed at me as he started his car and drove away.

"Are you staying at my house tonight?" I asked.

Whenever we go to a party, he either stays the night at my house or I stay at his house. He usually stays at mine since he doesn't want his parents finding out he was drinking.

"Yeah, if your mom says it's alright." I nodded. "Since your mom brought it up, when are we going to have sex?"

"I don't know. I told my mom I'd wait until I graduate. It's not that far off since we graduate in three months."

"Why wait?" he asked.

"Because I don't want to get pregnant, I'm not on the pill, condoms can break, and I'm not ready. Imagine if we did have sex tonight, after I might start crying or some junk and then it'll be all awkward.." I trailed off. That was the worst situation I could think of.

"Alright, I'm not going to pressure you or anything. I was just wondering."

He pulled over in a neighborhood full of cars and pounding music. We hopped out of the car and started walking towards the house with a bunch of people our age on the front yard drinking something in a red cup. Some dude in a football jersey were passing out those red cups everyone was drinking from. He gave one to Nick and offered me one, but I shook my head. As Nick took a drink, I slipped my hand into his pocket and took his car keys.

"Hey!" he yelled.

"You're drinking, so I'm driving!" I yelled back. I hated that we had to yell to talk to each other. He shrugged then nodded. He spotted some of his friends and pointed towards them. I nodded and went off to do my own thing.

I went to the kitchen and looked for a bottle of water. Once I found one, I headed up stairs and looked for an empty room. There were four doors. The first one I tried was a bathroom, the second was locked, the third was unlocked, but had Haley, a girl from my class, making out with some guy. I couldn't tell who the guy was because he wasn't facing me. I quietly closed the door and went to the last door.

It was unlocked, I slowly opened it hoping that I wouldn't see anything worse than some people making out. I sighed with relief when no one was in there. I closed and locked the door and sat it a desk chair, taking out my grandmother's diary