Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 1

We finally arrived home and she smiled at me and said, "Bye, Alan. See you tomorrow..." and went in her house. I stared at her for some time and went in too. Then I heard the sound of piano. Must be Ashley practicing. I smiled to myself and went to the window where I can hear better. I listened her playing the scales, then a few moments later she played Kiss the Rain. I closed my eyes and listened to every tune she played. She loved this song ever since she's a child, and I know she would play it as long as her fingers can dance on the piano. She finished playing, then she played the Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. I listened to this too, and when she finished playing it, I went to my room and plopped onto my bed. I closed my eyes and the images of Ashley just came flooding into my head. I opened my eyes and shook my head, then went over to my desk to start on my homework.

The day of the recital came, and I was taking my nap a little too long. When I woke up, it's only half an hour to the recital, and I jumped off my bed and rushed to take the clothes I've prepared beforehand. I changed into it in a flash and went to the bathroom and washed my face and tidied up my hair. Then I took my formal shoes I'll wear later and put on my running shoes, then started running to the recital hall. I arrived there and showed the doorman my ticket, my family having arrived earlier (They've tried to wake up but it seemed I won't wake up then, so they left me) and he let me in. Then I got to the stairs. Boy, whoever made these stairs, I hate you. They're so steep and the distance between each stair is way higher than usual. While I can skip 2 stairs at usual, I can only skip 1 with these. Which really slows me down.

Finally, I got to the top of the stairs. Then I rushed to the back of the stage. There's Ashley sitting looking very nervous. I skidded to a halt inside just in front of her and smiled, panting. "Just... in time..." I muttered, and plopped down on the floor. She stared at me and burst into laughter. "What happened to you? You look like you ran here!" she said in between laughter. "I did." I said, and she stopped laughing. "You ran here? Why don't you come here with your family in the first place?" I scratched my head and replied, "I overslept..." She smiled and said, "At least you're in time."

I went to my seat in the middle of a guy I didn't know and my sister after my little chat with Ashley, then she looked at me and said, "I'm surprised you actually made it." I grinned and said, "Don't underestimate your brother, Sis." and Ashley walked to the stage and everyone applauded. She bowed and smiled, then sat in front of the piano and played the beginning tune of Kiss the Rain. I smiled. I knew she would play Kiss the Rain. The song she loved so much, written by Yiruma. I closed my eyes and listened. Then the song ended, and she paused for a few seconds before continuing with the Moonlight Sonata. Ah, another song she likes. I wish I can play the music as well as she can, but I suck in music. So I decided, I'll just listen to Ashley's piano.

"You're awesome, Ashley."
Ashley was preparing to go home after the recital, and I went to talk to her. She just smiled and said, "Thanks, Alan." We walked out and got to the stairs. "I hate these stairs." we said at the same time, the we looked at each other, and burst into laughter all at the same time. Then we started walking down the stairs and we were talking when she suddenly slipped and fell down the long stairs. I panicked and rushed down, not slipping, magically, and jumped the last few steps, landing next to her. "Ashley, you okay?" I asked. I'm really worried, because she didn't move, then finally she said, "Yeah... I guess..." and tried to sit up, then a look of horror crossed her face. "Ashley? What is it?" She stayed silent, then, after what feels like eternity, she spoke, "I... I can't move my fingers..."