Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 3

Funerals. Never thought I'd attend one this early, but here I am, in Ashley's funeral. Ashley was still alive when we found her, we called the ambulance and got her to the hospital, but she died an hour later. I cried all night next to her bed. If I had taken her with me before I went home... She'd still be alive...

The beginning of a new school year is drawing near, and before I knew it, I was at school again. When I get into my class, everyone was talking about a new transfer student, the girls assumed it's a guy, especially Paige, she's the most flirty girl in class, and I hate her, but the others aren't that sure. The bell finally rung, and... Oh, crap, it's Mr Smith... words are, he's very strict. Silence filled the room the moment everyone saw Mr Smith, and he said, "Students, as you might have known, we have a transfer student. Ash, you can come in now." A kid with pale white skin, black eyeliner, dark purple lipstick, an earring on his left ear, long bangs and the hair on the right side of his face longer than the rest, tied with a black bead like thing, black shirt and black pants walked in, then said, "Hi." with an emotionless face and stared at Mr Smith. I heard Paige and her friends squealed and muttered about how they think Ash's hot. Mr Smith cleared his throat and said, "So, Ash is new in this neighborhood, so one of you show Ash around at recess, got it? Ash, sit in the seat in the middle." Ash nodded and sat in the seat right in front of me, also to the right of Paige. Paige immediately started flirting with Ash, oh, come on, she's only 13 and flirting with some new kid! I shook my head as she offered to show Ash around, to which Ash didn't reply. It seems Ash is trying to ignore Paige. Then Mr Smith cleared his throat again, and Paige finally shuts up.

The bell finally rung, and everyone rushed out of the class, except the girls who always stay in class, Ash and I were the last to get out, then Mr Smith said, "Alan, show Ash around." which gets the girls' attention, and they rushed forward offering to show Ash around instead. I really don't see what's so hot about Ash. Mr Smith ignored the girls and told me to move on. I shrugged and said, "Okay. Ash, come with me." and started walking with Ash following closely behind me.

"This is the gym, there's the soccer field, and basketball court, then there's baseball court, and in front of the gym is the upperclassmen's classrooms, then the juniors' classrooms are down that hall, cafeteria's outside on the field, library's on the second floor, with the pricipal's office across from it, and..." Ash cut right in the middle of my explanation, "Just how many classes are there in this school?" I thought for a while and shrugged. "Actually, I don't know, this school's huge. And we've only seen a part of it, there's more across that field. And that's all I know about this school. Oh, wait, there's one more, the music room and the concert hall on the third floor..." I said, my voice trailing away at the mention of music room. It used to be Ashley's favorite place in this school. "...Lan? Alan?" I snapped back to reality. Ash is staring at me. "What were you thinking? More importantly, there's a music room here?" he asked as soon as I looked back at him, for the first time looking interested. "Yeah... There's one, why?" I replied. Ash smiled and said, "Nothing. Thanks for the tour." and walked away. I tilted my head slightly. Ash is one weird kid.

School's over, and I was walking to the library to study when I heard it. Kiss the Rain. From the music room. I ran up the stairs and skidded to a halt in front of the music room. Then I looked in. It's Ash. I frowned and walked in. I didn't know Ash could play the piano. I stopped when I'm right next to him and watched him play. He's pretty good, actually. Reminds me of Ashley. Then Ash's hand hit me and we both jumped, Ash nearly falling off the chair, me catching him right on time, and he sat properly on the chair again. I sat on the floor and looked at Ash. "I didn't know you can play the piano." I said. Ash said, "You never asked." I shrugged and said, "I thought most guys don't play piano." Ash turned to me quickly, his earring jingling, and said, "You think I'm a guy? That's explains why that freak girl tried to flirt with me. But, I'm a girl." My eyes widened, and I nearly yelled, "WHAT?!" Ash shrugged. "Wait... You're a girl? Then what's with the clothes? And is your name really Ash?" Ash stared at me and said, "Yes, I am a girl. There's nothing wrong with my clothes, and my name IS Ash. Clear?" I nodded after a while of silence. "What're you doing here anyway? You don't look like you can play any instrument." Ash said again. "I... heard you playing Kiss the Rain." I muttered. "Oh." he, I mean she, said. "Well, you can leave now. I don't like to have people looking at me when I'm playing." and then Ash shooed me out.