Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 4

The next day, I went to school normally, and as soon as I got into class, I can barely walk to my seat, since the girls are all crowded around Ash's desk, making me have to take the long way around. I don't understand, why don't he- I mean, she- tell them that she's a girl? Oh well, that's her choice. Anyways, I was sitting in my seat minding my own business when suddenly Kyle pulled me to his seat. "KYLE!! What the deuce?" I whispered loudly. Kyle said, "Don't you think that Ash dude is hogging the spotlight?" I shrugged and said, "Why would you ask?" He sighed and said, "He got all the girls, duh! Don't you feel anything?" I shrugged again and said, "Not like I care." and returned to my seat.

During class, I watched Ash closely. No one would've been able to tell that Ash's a girl. She didn't even sit like a girl. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see the girls looking at him and squealing every now and then. They're so damn annoying! I sighed and tried to ignore them.

Finally. Recess. I dashed out of the room before the crowd built up around Ash's seat and went straight to the library. Then I looked for the books about Poetry and just when I found one, the door opened and a noisy crowd walked in. I looked at the door in annoyance, then I saw them. Ash, with a bunch of girls crowding around him, even the senior girls are around him! What the deuce? I mean... Oh, forget it. I went to the table in the farthest corner and sat there while closing my ears trying to block the noise. Ash approached my table and said, "Alan... Please save me... I can't go anywhere without these freaks following me..." while trying to quiet the crowd down. I looked at her, then the crowd, which is now silenced, then I burst into laughter. Oh my god! I never realized how hilarious this scene is! It's like in anime! I stopped laughing after some time and looked at Ash. "Ash. These are your fans. So take care of them yourself." and walked away while laughing. I can hear Ash's exasperated sigh while the crowd started getting noisy again. "QUIET!!" I heard the librarian shout from behind me, and laughed even harder. I then walked out of the library.

I honestly don't know how Ash did it, but she managed to get rid of the crowd when she finally returned to class. She plopped down to her seat and huffed. I leaned forwards and said, "How did you get rid of them?" She looked at me and said, "I did it without your help, so you need not know." and turned back forwards. I chuckled and said, "Well, at least you got rid of them." and leaned back against my seat. She glanced at me and shook her head. Then the bell rung and the teacher walked in.

After school, when I was going to the library, I heard Ash play Kiss the Rain again. I went to see her play again, and now, every day, after school, I watch Ash play the piano. Sometimes she plays other songs too, like Moonlight Sonata... She reminded me of Ashley when she played the piano.

Today, after school, it started raining very heavily, and most of us waited for the rain to stop, but not me. On my way back home, I saw Ash walking home, I walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She turned to me and I was quite surprised. I thought the pale white skin and dark lines around her eyes were make-ups, but water wear them off right? So why does she still look the same? I decided to ask her. "Ash... Do you wear any make-ups?" She stared at me and said, "No. The eyeliner like things are caused by my lack of sleep and the pale skin... Well, let's just say I'm kinda ill. The dark purple lips, that's lipstick, the only make up I wear." I nodded and said, "I see... Why do you lack sleep?" She shrugged and said, "Insomnia. Why are you here by the way?" I shrugged and said, "Going home. That's my house right there." and pointed to my house. Ash looked at my house and said, "My house is down the street..." and pointed to the house at the end of the street. I raised my eyebrow and said, "I didn't know you live there." She shrugged again and muttered, "Why would I tell you out of the blue? Oh well, see ya." and walked to her house. I watched her walking to her house and walked in my house a few moments later.