Status: I don't know how often I can update... But I'll try to update once a week ^^

Kiss the Rain

Chapter 8

The next day, when I came to school, something immediately caught my attention. Ash isn't here. I put my bag on my desk and started looking for her. Library, no. English Lab, no. Science Lab, no. Music room? I froze. How could I not remember? I rushed up the stairs and slammed the door open, sure enough, she's in there, sleeping. I walked to her and tried waking her up, gaining no reaction. I shook her, and she fell. I froze for a second and rushed off to get someone.

I'd been walking around in front of the hospital room for what feels like forever, waiting for the doctor, and when he finally came out of the room, he asked me, "Are you Ashley Claymore's relative?" "Uh... I'm her friend." I replied. He nodded and said, "You better get her parents here, her illness is getting worse." and left. I stayed frozen for a few minutes, then started running to Ash's house.

When I finally got there, I was REALLY out of breath, I nearly fainted right there and then, but I need to tell them quickly about Ash. I knocked on the door while trying to catch my breath. A woman opened the door and looked at me, then asked, "Can I help you, Young Man?" I raised a hand and took a deep breath, then said, "Ash... Is... In the... Hospital..." Her jaw dropped and she called into the house, "James! Get the car keys!"

5 minutes later, we're in the hospital, me leading the way to Ash's room. We entered the room and the doctor who was in the room looked up and said, "Mr and Mrs Claymore, your daughter's illness has gotten worse. And, uh, if she doesn't get treatments soon, she doesn't have long..." Mrs Claymore broke down in tears and as Mr Claymore tried to comfort her, I stood there awkwardly, wondering if I should leave. Finally I decided to, and as I walked out, I could hear Mrs Claymore's sobs getting louder. It felt like deja vu, like the day Ash couldn't use her fingers anymore. Mrs Johnson cried just like that. I sighed, I felt just like that day too. I sighed again. Why do I feel just like that day? Is it because I started to feel close with her? Whatever the reason, this feeling kills me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short, readers...