Status: New; slowly getting started

Call Your Girlfriend

but you just met somebody new;

2:15 P.M.
"Kylie, it's me, Niall. Obviously. You're not answerin', so I'm assuming you're in class or busy and that's why you're ignoring this call. Just call when ya hear this."

3:21 P.M.
"It's been an hour and I know your classes should be over by now. Please just answer."

3:35 P.M.
"At least answer so I know that you're alright. Jesus, I'm worried about ya, Kylie."

3:40 P.M.
"I know what happened so ya don't haveta keep ignorin' me. Just wanna talk, alright? You know, you can talk to me always."

4:01
"For fuck's sake, Kylie, you're drivin' me mad. At least text me. Please."

INCOMING CALL FROM NIALL HORAN

"Oh, for God's sake, Niall! What?" I answered, frustrated with how persistent he was. Didn't he get that I didn't want to talk? I'm pretty sure I made it obvious by ignoring all of his calls.

"You picked up!" his Irish accent filled my ears. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "You had me worried, Ky."

"Really? I would have never guessed after the ten voicemails you left me today," I replied, sarcastically. Instantly, I felt bad for snapping at him. This wasn't his fault after all. "Look, Niall, I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk right now."

"I get that, but I'm your best friend. Can't ya at least talk to me?"

If this had been any other situation, I may have softened and given in to Niall's pleading. Unfortunately, this wasn't just any other situation. This wasn't just something I could talk about, vent my anger, and then suddenly everything would be alright. Not yet, anyway.

Niall must have understood my silent answer because he heaved a deep sigh.

"Can we just talk about something not related to relationships? Please?"

"Of course, Ky," Niall replied and I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

And we did. I couldn't tell you how long we talked for but I knew that I felt a little better. Niall always had that effect on me. Just talking to him brightened my day.

When Harry and I would get into an argument, Niall was always the first one I would call. He was always there to comfort me when I needed someone. I owed a lot to him. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Hey," Niall spoke up when he noticed I had gone quiet half way through our conversation. "You'll get through this. Harry's a dick and doesn't deserve you-"

"Niall," I warned and he sighed. He knew me well enough to know when to stop.

"I know, I know. I just feel like I need to say something."

I couldn't help but smile at that. Niall had a heart of gold. He would do anything for anyone, no matter how great or small the matter was. "You don't. Just you calling is enough for me."

He laughed. "Oh, by the way, happy birthday. Twenty years old, jeez. You're gettin' old!"

"We're the same age!" I chuckled. I had forgotten it was my birthday. I had nothing special planned. In light of recent discoveries, I was probably going to drown my sorrows in ice cream and bad realty tv shows.

"Yea, but it's your birthday so I get to tease ya."

Before I could retort, there was a soft knock at my apartment door. I wasn't in the mood for door-to-door salesmen or anyone for that matter so I planned to run them off quickly. I looked through the peephole to find someone I hadn't expected. I opened the door and stated at the nervous looking girl in front of me.

"Scarlett?" I asked her. She turned her eyes to her feet.

Niall's response set off so many alarms in my head and made my heart hammer in my chest. Something in his voice told me this wasn't a routine visit.

"Oh fuck."
♠ ♠ ♠
jeez, typing the way niall talks was the hardest thing ever. sorry this is super short, but it's an update, so yea. i'm already typing up the next chapter, so it should be up by tomorrow???? hopefully guys. absolutely no excuses for not updating in a while except for one word: SENIOR. ugh, it's stressful.

guess who didn't proofread? meeeeeee.

how did you guys feel about the one way or another video? didja die cause i did. ALL OF THE FEELS, amiright, amiright?

Image

tumblr