Status: New; slowly getting started

Call Your Girlfriend

tell her not to get upset;

scarlett

I get nervous flying in airplanes. Pretty rational fear, I'd say. I get nervous walking home alone at night. Again, rational. Having to face the girl whose boyfriend cheated on her with you is probably the most nerve-wracking of all. There were a number of ways this could go; trust me, all of them ran through my head on the flight to New York.

Number 1: she could be understanding. Not likely but it was possible. She could comfort me and tell me that what had happened was a thing of the past and we should move on. I knew Kylie, though; it was probably the least likely.

Number 2: she could be violent. A common reaction for many realty tv show stars. Kylie was a bit of a pacifist. I don't think she could even kill a fly.

Number 3: she could get angry. She could yell and scream and vent. This was the one I was hoping for. I felt like I deserved it. Besides Harry, I'm sure I was the best person for her to scream her feelings at.

I stood outside of her apartment door for a good ten minutes. I had to work up the courage to knock her door. I even practiced my speech for her. When she opened it, I felt a whole new set if nerves wash over me.

"Scarlett?" she questioned, holding her phone to her ear. I moved my gaze to my feet. I couldn't look her in the eyes. "Niall, I'll call you back."

It didn't surprise me that Niall was the one she was talking to. They didn't go a whole day without speaking. Harry was jealous of their relationship; he was always ranting to me about it. He thought they were too close to be 'just friends.' I found it ironic that he was worried about her being faithful since he was the one who was cheating.

"What are you doing here?" Kylie asked once she had pocketed her cell phone. "Shouldn't you be working on an album? In London?"

"We had a day off," I managed to stammer out.

Kylie raised her eyebrows in skepticism. "So you came to see me? I didn't think we were close enough for that."

I realized that she didn't know. Harry hadn't told her? I had almost excepted him to. Hell, I expected him to blame it all on me.

"I want to talk," I replied. "Can we do that? It's kind of important." She deserved to know.

She let me in and ushered me into her living room. She then disappeared into the kitchen area to make tea. I sat fidgeting, looking around the room. There were stacks of books all over. Papers scattered the coffee table, I assumed it was her university work. Picture frames adorned the end tables. Pictures of her roommate and family were inside of each one. One in particular caught my eye. It was one of Kylie and Harry. They were hugging and looking as happy ad could be. Guilt set in quickly.

Kylie returned a minute later and handed me a cup and saucer. She sat down on the other end of the couch. I tried to think of something to say but I couldn't form words.

"Scarlett, just say it, please," she spoke, quietly. I looked at her in surprise. She didn't look at me. I could tell she was trying not to cry.

"Did Niall tell you?" I asked.

"No, he didn't have to. You look guilty enough for you and Harry both. I want to hear you say it, though."

I could feel tears spring up in my eyes. "I'm so sorry, Kylie! It was a mistake-"

Kylie jumped from her seat and put up her hands. "No, don't start apologizing and saying it was an accident. You don't just have sex with someone's boyfriend and expect them to forgive you instantly! I don't think I can ever forgive you!"

"I know, I know. But let me explain!" I pleaded. She shook her head in an instant. I knew she wasn't going to listen to me and there was nothing I could do about it.

"You have a lot of nerve coming here," she stated, crossing he arms over her chest. "Please, leave."

I didn't say another word. I knew there was nothing I could say to make things better. I left quietly, hoping one I could fix things.

-----

kylie

Once Scarlett had left, I slammed the door shut after her. I even try to stop the tears that were flowing freely done my face. I couldn't believe that it was Scarlett of all people. In my mind I had trusted her to be around Harry twenty-four seven and not expect anything to happen.

I already had to worry about the millions of girls who practically threw themselves at Harry everyday. Though, he promised that they were no threat to me. I guess Scarlett wasn't technically a fan so he didn't include her. Silly me to think I didn't need to be threatened by her. She was gorgeous and cute and everything I wished I was and more. So why did this surprise me so much? Something like this bound to happen, wasn't it? What couple that's constantly in the limelight doesn't have a shitton of problems? I guess I thought Harry and I would be different. We would be the first to not have any drama.

Without hesitating, I called Niall back. He was always my go-to guy; my source of comfort when I was feeling down.

"So, you know now?" was the first thing he said when he answered.

"You knew?" I replied, trying to sound calm.

"They told me a few minutes before I called you."

And then I just cried for what felt like hours. Niall just sat there and listened, not saying a word. I didn't want him to. All I needed was for him to be there, which he was. That was all I could ask for from him. He was an amazing guy and nothing was every going to change that about him. Not fame or money. He was the same Niall I met when they were just getting started and I loved him for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
a long overdue chapter. ending's kinda poop. sorry.

enjoy.

call your girlfriend cover by cher lloyd

tumblr

Image