Status: Active

Sixteen and Pregnant by a Werewolf

Ch 16: The Decision

“ What’s up?” I asked Clayton as soon as my family left the room.
“ Well, we have some rules for you to follow.” He said.

Amy shut the door and came back over to me. She sat down on the bed and sighed.

“ What kind of rules?” I asked, really concerned.
“ For starters, you’re going to have to be home- schooled.” Clayton said.
“ Home-schooled?”
“ Yes.” Amy said. “ You will get bigger and we don’t want anybody to question you because it will put stress on you and the baby.”
“ How will it cause stress?” I asked. “ I have friends there.”
“ I understand that, but we don’t want anybody to find out about the baby. No humans.”
“ You must’ve forgot that I am a human!”
“ Angel, calm down.” Amy said.

I looked at her and shook my head. I can’t believe I have to drop out of school because I got pregnant by Lycann. Maybe being with him was the biggest mistake. I got off the bed and walked over to the window. I sighed and turned back to Clayton and Amy.

“ What if I don’t keep the baby?” I asked them.
“ Angel, please tell me you’re not going to get rid of it?” Amy asked, getting off the bed as well. “ This baby is important and it needs to live.”
“ Not inside of me.” I told her. “ I can’t go to school because of it.”
“ Angel, just think about it. Lycann would be devastated if you kill it.”
“ Well, let me go to school then. I have friends and I am on the verge of going to the next grade early.”
“ You can’t.” Clayton said, standing up and walking towards me.
“ Then, I don’t want it.” I said, looking at him with a straight face.

Clayton sighed, turned around and walked out of my room. Amy looked at me and gave me a small smile.

“ You know you don’t want to do this.” Amy said.
“ I’m sure.” I told her. “ Why can’t I go to school?”
“ Because when you hit two months, you will start to show. People are going to get suspicious because they’re going to wonder how you get pregnant and you don’t even have a boyfriend.”
“ I can’t get out of school.”
“ I’ll talk to Clayton about it. In the meantime, think it over and come talk to me about your decision tomorrow.”

She walked out of the room and I just stood there. A few minutes later, Stephan walked into the room. He sat on the bed and looked at me.

“ What are you going to do?” He asked me.
“ I want to go to school.” I told him.
“ Well, you can’t.”
“ If I can’t go to school, then I can’t keep this baby.”
“ What are you saying, sis? This baby is important to the pack.”

I turned my head and sighed.

“ Well, it’s not important to me.” I told him.
“ Are you kidding me?” He asked me.

I turned to him and nodded my head.

“ Stephan, you know I've been trying to graduate from school early. If I quit now, I’ll have to start all over again and you know I don’t want to do that.”
“ I understand what you’re saying, but….”
“ But nothing, Stephan. I can’t keep this baby if I can’t go to school. How will this baby feel about his or hers unwed mother who didn’t finish school? The baby will probably follow in my footsteps by getting pregnant or by getting a girl pregnant. Then she will probably drop out of school or he will probably abandon the baby.”
“ Nobody does that in this pack.”

I heard some more footsteps near my room, but I didn’t bother to look at them. I just turned back to the window and sighed once more.

“ I’m sorry Stephan, but I’m not keeping this baby. Tomorrow, I want to get an abortion and that’s my final decision.”