Angels and Monsters

I’m angry at you , but I still love you , I’ll always love you.

She was scared. So scared. Her Alec was an evil monster. A monster who could kill her in seconds. She dropped the heavy book, in shock of the revelation she had discovered. She ran back to her bedroom, petrified of who Alec was. She ran into her bathroom and bolted the door shut. She sat with her back to the door, to stop any unwanted visitors. She wept and wept , betrayed by the one she loved most. She must have been crying there for about an hour when she heard her bedroom door creak open. Her heart beat like a drum against her chest. She heard footsteps ,thud, thud, thud closer and closer towards her. ‘This is it I’m going to die’ she thought to herself and clenched her eyes shut. “Adeline, angel are you ok?” she heard Alec ask softly through the door,
“Go away” she muttered. Her harsh words hurt Alec like a knife “Adeline what’s wrong?” he asked desperately ,
“Please leave me alone” she whimpered
“I will once you tell me what’s wrong” he went to turn the lock and Adeline screamed “Please don’t hurt me!”. He immediately let go of the door and said to her “Angel I could never hurt you, please come out I miss you”
“No you’ll kill me” she said bravely and then it hit Alec, she knew , some how she knew and it killed him. “Adeline I will never kill you , I promise” he pleaded with the eight year old girl. “I don’t believe you, I heard Jane” he sighed deeply and then said “come out and I’ll explain everything”. She wanted to go but something held her back “Will you tell me everything?”
“Yes”
“Do you promise?”
“I promise with all my heart” . He waited with baited breath and after a few minutes , the bathroom door clicked open and revealed a tear stained face , shaking Adeline. Alec hated the effect this had on her , he made his way to hug her but she flinched away. She slowly made her way to her bed and pulled herself onto it, placed her hands in her lap and then stared at Alec, who then sat in his chair opposite her. He took a deep breathe and then looked at the beautiful innocent girl sat before him, she reached over and took his cold hand and nodded for him to start “Adeline you have to understand that no matter what I am , I will never hurt you” she blinked for him to continue “You are the most important person to me, I will do anything for you , I love you so much and I understand that at the moment you don’t love me”
“I’m angry at you , but I still love you , I’ll always love you” she said quietly to him , a huge smile spread across his face . She then looked up at him with a look as if to say ‘well go on then’
“Oh yeah anyway , I’m guessing from what you’ve said , that you know what I am, which is a monster or to use the proper name vampire” the name spent shudders down Adeline’s spine , which made Alec hate himself even more “A vampire is a creature that feeds off blood, human blood.” Adeline flinched at that and moved further away from him to which he sighed and put his head into his hands , disgusted with himself. She then very bravely asked “Will you feed off my blood?” He looked at her straight in the eyes and said “Never”
“Do you promise?”
“I promise that for as long as you live Adeline Grace I will never take one sip of your beautiful precious blood” she smiled at him and he smiled back. She slowly got of her bed and clambered onto his lap and hugged him close. He hugged her back but careful not to crush her tiny body. He kissed her head and said to her quietly “You mean everything to me Adeline, you are so perfect and special”, this made her hug him closer and kiss his pale cheek. She then turned to face him and asked “What did Jane mean when she said you would turn me into one of you?” he sighed and took her tiny hand into his large one and looked into her bright blue eyes and said to her “Adeline you are only eight years old , a child , a little girl and there are some things that little girls shouldn’t know until they’re older.” He didn’t like not telling her but he had to protect her , he wanted her to remain a sweet innocent little girl for as long as possible. Her big eyes almost welled up with tears but she held them back and said “But you said you’d tell me everything”
“I know”
“You promised” she retaliated back
“And I will tell you everything , when you’re ready”
“I’m ready now” she said folding her arms, he snickered and she scrunched up her nose and glared at him “Angel you’re not ready yet , please trust me”. She just looked at him for a few minutes and then said with her head high “Fine , I trust you” he laughed relived, but she stopped him she held a hand up and said “But in exchange you must tell me everything about vampires” he laughed once more at how sweet she was. “What do you want to know?”
“Why do you sparkle?”
“I do not sparkle” he said annoyed
“Yes you do , just like my unicorn toy” she giggled
“I am nothing like your toy, and to answer you’re question I don’t know why we shine in the sun”. She rolled her eyes and then said “Why are you so cold?”
“I’m dead”
“Ewwww!!!” Adeline squealed and Alec laughed “Ok next question?” he asked her
“Why don’t you eat or drink?”
“I don’t need to , all I need is blood”
“What does it taste like?” she asked intrigued , he suddenly became uncomfortable , he didn’t want her asking questions like this. Adeline sensed this and said “Don’t worry about it , why don’t I ask another question” Alec nodded and Adeline asked “Why don’t you sleep?”
“I can’t”
“Why not?”
“I don’t know”
“Do you know anything Alec?” she teased him , he glared at her and then said “I know Adeline doesn’t like to be tickled” he said , her eyes went wide and she jumped off his lap and ran and squealed from her room, he laughed to himself and got up and chased her . “I’m going to get you Adeline” he teased
“You’ll never catch me, I’m too fast” she giggled as she ran along the corridor, Alec used his vampire speed and caught her and said “I thought you were fast”, she folded her arms, pouted and then said “You cheated, you used your stupid vampire speed” he was just about answer her back when Demetri and Felix walked down the corridor “Alec we have to go” Demetri said , amused at Adeline’s posture “I’ll be there in a sec , come on you little rascal lets go get you some dinner” he said to Adeline putting her down , she held his hand and as they walked she asked him “Is Demetri a vampire as well?”
“Yes”
“Is everyone in the castle one?”
“Yes apart from Maria”
“Woah” Adeline said amazed as they reached the kitchen where Maria was serving some pasta in a bowl for Adeline “Ah Alec its good to you’ve calmed down” She said putting the bowl on the table next to some water . “yes I have , and if you’ll excuse me I have a meeting to get to , so I’ll see you later angel” he said kissing Adeline’s head , she had a mouthful of spaghetti so she just waved good bye to her vampire. He nodded to Maria and then left his angel with Maria. “You seem much happier little one” Maria said
“I am , Alec told me what he was” Maria looked a little taken aback at how relaxed she was when saying that bold statement “And you’re not scared at all?”
“I was , but Alec promised he would never hurt me and I trust him” she said taking a sip of water. Maria said nothing else , she was too shocked , it took her a couple of weeks to get used to the fact that she lived in a castle of vampires , it seemed it had only taken a few minutes. ‘She must really love him’ Maria thought looking at innocent little girl sat before her who was absent mindedly twirling her pasta on a small silver fork.

Alec closed kitchen door behind him and ran to the throne room “Sorry I’m late” he said to his masters, Aro merely waved a hand and Alec took a seat in between Felix and Heidi. A smile graced his face and he phased in and out of the meeting , his head full of Adeline. Felix nudged him and he snapped out of his trance where he saw the rest of Volturi staring at him. If he could blush his cheeks would be rosy red , Aro said to him “Something or someone occupying your mind?” he asked although he already knew the answer as did everyone else in the room , “Uh no, no just thinking”, a small smile crept out of Aro’s mouth and he continued on with the meeting “The Cullens will be visiting next week and I expect everyone to be on their best behaviour” he said looking particularly at Jane. “That seems to everything , you are dismissed”, people slowly made their way out , but Alec moved quickly desperate to see Adeline but he was called back “Alec , a word” he heard the voice of Aro and he turned back , he could not refuse his masters. “Yes master” he said facing him , hands behind his back,
“I heard you had a little outburst with your sister”
“Yes I had a fight with Jane”
“May I ask why , you two always seem to get along perfectly”
“Yes we do usually but she hurt Adeline” he said pained
“Ah , well that’s unfortunate, I trust the child is ok”
“She’s better, she knows master”, Aro’s eyes widened
“Does she now?” he straightened up a little bit
“She over heard me and Jane earlier and figured it out herself”
“She’s a very smart girl”
“Yes she is , may I go?” he asked. Aro nodded and as Alec was opening the door , he heard from behind him “You best make sure our secret does not get out Alec”, he turned to his masters
“It won’t” he said and left, closing the door behind him. He was making his way back to his little angel when a monster got in his way.

Jane was waiting for him outside the throne room and as he was walking out she stopped him, “Jane get out of my way” he said bitterly to her,
“No , I want..I want to… I want to apologise” she managed to get out
“I’m not the one you should be apologising to”
“I know but I wanted to say sorry for her hurting her, I know she means a lot to you” she said , head bent in almost shame. “She means everything to me, what I don’t get is that I thought you liked her”
“I do like her , its just , oh you know how angry I get” she huffed
“That’s not an excuse, she’s fragile you could have killed her”
“I know its not an excuse and I wouldn’t want to kill her because I know you’d probably kill yourself so that you could be with her”
“Yeah I would” he stated. “Alec I really want you to love me again, I want you to be my brother again”
“I’ll always be your brother , you know Adeline said something to me earlier , she said ‘I’m angry at you , but I still love you , I’ll always love you’ and I will always love you Jane, but Adeline needs to be protected from monsters , even if that means my own sister”
“I know”
“And I’m sorry about what I said earlier but I was just protecting my angel, friends again?” he asked
“Siblings” she smiled at him and he held his arms out to hug her , she squirmed away from him “You know I don’t like physical contact”
“Tough luck” Alec said grabbing sister for a hug. “Now are you going to come and apologise to Adeline?” he asked her and she nodded and they made their way to Adeline’s room.

When they got to her door Jane froze “What?” Alec asked impatient to see his Adeline
“What if she hates me?”
“She won’t she doesn’t hate anyone , she doesn’t have it in her, she cant hate anyone , that’s what’s so amazing about her” he said knocking on her door and Adeline replied “Come in”, he opened her door and she ran up to and he picked her up and spun her around. Jane saw Alec’s eyes light up at the site of Adeline and she couldn’t help but smile at her brother’s happiness. Adeline hugged Alec tight but then over his her shoulder she saw something that frightened her “AHHHHHH!!” she screamed and wriggled out of Alec’s arms. Tears burst from her eyes and she ran into her bathroom and bolted the door shut for the second time that day. The twins exchanged a look and Jane said “I knew it , she’s scared of me”
“Well what did you expect you did torture her” he spat at her , Jane immediately look ashamed, embarrassed and upset. Seeing that look in his sister’s eyes , Alec sighed and said softly “Why don’t you go wait outside I’ll try and get her to calm down and then we can all talk” Jane nodded and waited outside. Alec ran a hand through his hand, and made his way to Adeline’s bathroom “Adeline can you come out please”
“No! Why did you bring her here?”
“She wants to say sorry Adeline”
“I don’t believe you”
“I thought you said you trusted me earlier”, she didn’t say anything and he knew then she would come out “I’m scared” she whispered through the door
“Adeline you know I’ll never let anything to happen you , I’d die before I’d let anyone hurt you”
“But you’re already dead”, he snickered and said “It’s an expression and I can still die, Adeline please come out , I’ll be right here , I’ll be right by your side I promise” She still didn’t come out , so he resorted to desperate measures “If you don’t come out I won’t tell you the surprise”, the door snapped open and Adeline asked excitedly “What surprise?”
“Rosalie and her family are coming next week” her aquamarine eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets “Really!”
“Yes really”. She then jumped onto her bed and began jumping and shouting “Yay !! Yay !! I’m going to see Rosalie”
“Adeline I know you’re excited but you can be excited later can you let Jane apologise first” Alec said sternly and Adeline stopped jumping and she grabbed Alec’s hand and dragged him over to her bed and she sat on his lap and then he called Jane in. Adeline immediately tensed up at the sight of the small powerful vampire. Alec wrapped his arms around Adeline’s waist and she lent back into him. Jane looked at the two of them and then said to Adeline directly “ Adeline I’m so sorry that I hurt you and I really hope that you can forgive me”
“I forgive you” Adeline said and releasing herself from Alec’s grip , she got up and gave Jane a small hug.

That night Adeline quizzed Alec about everything to do with vampires , “Is Rosalie a vampire?”
“Yes , but she’s a good one”
“What do you mean a good one?”
“She and her family drink animal blood not human blood”
“Oh” Adeline said and then quietly she said “You’re a good one too”, Alec’s heart warmed at this and he bent over and kissed her head and said “Thank you angel”.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really sorry i haven't updated in ages :( Thank you to feedmetothewolves; for your comment , i agree with you jane is cruel but her power is cool as long as she's not using on Adeline. Thank you to Recklessly Brave and i've updated ,your comment inspired me to do this today so thank you xx