Angels and Monsters

Guardian Angels

Adeline was buzzing with excitement for the next week , she would not sit still and talked and rambled and rambled about Rose coming to see her . Even though everyone else in the castle found her excitement thoroughly annoying , Alec couldn’t bring himself to tell her to calm down , he couldn’t bring himself to break that beautiful smile off her pretty face. It was Monday lunchtime and after eating her sandwich , Adeline dug into an apple , only to discover a wobbly sensation in her teeth she took the apple out of her mouth to find a dark red stain in the apple and along with it her tooth. She let a small scream and Maria whipped around from the washing up “Adeline what’s wrong?” she asked worriedly , Adeline showed the apple to her and Maria took a calm breath “Oh Adeline you had me worried”
“But my tooth fell out” Adeline said her scared eyes widening , Maria chuckled lightly and said “Its nothing to worry about sweetie , as you get older your baby teeth start falling out and they are replaced by your adult teeth”
“So I’m growing up ?” Adeline asked surprised
“Yes Adeline you are, now why don’t you give me the apple and I’ll take your tooth out” Maria told her. Adeline passed the apple to Maria and Maria took the tooth out for her and handed it to Adeline “Can I go show Alec?” she asked excitedly
“Yes just -” but before Maria could finish her sentence Adeline rushed out of the kitchen to find Alec. Maria ran quickly after her, petrified in fear , Adeline’s gums were still bleeding.

Adeline was excited to show Alec that she was growing up and she ran as fast as she could through her corridor and tugged open the door she was not supposed to go through. She could not wait till the evening to tell Alec , she had to see him now. Now that she had opened the door however she did not know where to go. She skipped down the corridor , her tiny bloody tooth clenched in her fist . As she turned the corner she saw a man coming towards her . He was large , not as big as Felix but still huge all the same. He had tanned skin and his dreadlocks were tied up in a pony tail behind his head. And his eyes. His eyes were dark. Almost pitch black. Adeline stopped stiff , and Santiago looked directly at her , and then the smell of her sweet blood wafted into his nostrils and he advanced on the little girl. Adeline let out a blood curdling scream and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. But it was fast enough. Santiago grabbed her arm and looked into her little blue eyes before turning his head. She clamped her eyes shut and could only whimper and just when she thought her time was up , two guardian angels came to her rescue.

She heard two separate voices shout “Santiago stop!” and she felt herself be pulled away from Santiago. She opened her eyes to see Demetri guarding her, and Felix restraining Santiago “Take her!” Felix shouted. Demetri picked Adeline up and used is vampire speed to take her to her and Maria’s corridor , where Maria was kneeling on the flooring crying in despair. When they burst through the door , Maria stood up in shock and cried “Adeline , oh Adeline , I was so scared, thank you , thank you so much”
“Its no problem , lucky Felix and I were there to save little Adeline or who knows what would have happened” he turned his eyes to Adeline and said to her “You’re safe now , I promise , I’ll go get Alec for you”
“Thank you” Adeline said back and Demetri kissed her nose and said “No problem little one” . He handed her to Maria and then ran out of the corridor. Adeline hugged Maria tightly , who stroked her hair and cried into her shoulder. Adeline looked at Maria and wiped a tear off Maria’s cheek and said “Don’t cry Maria , I’m safe now”
“I know you are beautiful but I was just so scared, I can’t imagine what would have happened if Demetri hadn’t saved you”
“Felix saved me too”
“Well you’ll have to thank him as well , but lets get you cleaned up first.”

Demetri walked slowly as he made his way to Aro and the others. The look that had been on Adeline’s precious face, sent chills throughout his body. He didn’t usually feel remorse or guilt but seeing an innocent little girl he had known for practically her whole life, narrowly escape death made him feel slightly sick. They were truly monsters.

He approached one of the many underground chambers the Volturi used for their meetings and research. He opened the door to find Marcus and Alec pouring over heavy old books, Aro and Jane in deep conversation and Caius scowling at the floor, but as they entered the room they all turned to look at him. “Ah Demetri how nice of you to join us” Aro said but when Demetri did not return Aro’s smile , Aro’s face turned stern. “What has happened ?”
“I think it would be better if I just show you” Demetri said sadly , quickly glancing at Alec.
“Yes, yes , come, come” Aro said beckoning him , Demetri walked over walked over and gave Aro his hand, who took it and after a minute he turned his eyes between Alec and Demetri “Oh dear”. Alec suddenly looked very alert and said “What happened?”. Aro hesitantly looked at his brothers before turning to Alec “It’s Adeline”, at those words Alec stood up so fast that the chair he was sitting on , flew against at the wall and landed in a heap of broken pieces on the stoned floor. Aro stuck a hand out and said “Now calm down Alec”
“What’s happened to Adeline?” Alec said through gritted teeth,
“It appears that she was wanting to find you and left her corridor and happened to meet Santiago on her travels and” he paused
“And what?” Alec asked , thinking the worst. “And it appears that her mouth was bleeding”
“She’s not, she can’t be” he said helplessly
“No thanks to Felix and Demetri , she lives”
“Thank God” he said with a sigh of relief. “Thank you” he said to Demetri
“It was nothing”. Alec then turned to Aro “What’s going to happen to Santiago then?” he asked him , Aro looked slightly taken back
“What do you mean?”
“Well you’re not going to let him get away with this are you?”. The look on Aro’s face told him that Santiago would not get promised for his crime, “He nearly killed Adeline” Alec shouted
“But she is perfectly safe , it was just unfortunate timing , you know he cannot his thirst especially around someone with blood as sweet as Adeline’s”
“I manage to keep control and she’s my La Tua Cantante” he said angrily
“Master I too think that Santiago should be punished , I mean everyone else knows not to hurt Adeline and he disobeyed the rules” the sinister sweet voice of Jane interrupted the conversation “I would be more than happy to give him his punishment.” Aro considered this for a moment and then said “ Well yes when you put it like that , Demetri ask Felix to bring the rule breaker, Alec I suggest you check on little Adeline.” Alec immediately departed with a thankful nod towards Demetri.

Maria wiped the blood off Adeline’s chin and gum and went into her small bedroom behind the kitchen and returned a few minutes later. “What’s that?” Adeline pointed to the little light blue jewelled box in Maria’s hand. “This is a very special box, in here you put your tooth and in the night when you’re fast asleep, a tooth fairy swaps your tooth for a Euro.” Adeline’s eyes were in awe “But you have to be fast asleep otherwise she won’t come” Maria put the box in Adeline’s hand and closed her hand over it. The door opened quickly and Alec walked in , looking like he had just seen a ghost. Adeline ran up to him and he picked her up and she hugged him close. He asked her “Are you ok angel?”, she nodded “I was so worried , I don’t know what I’d do without you, you mean everything to me”
“I’m fine now Alec , I promise , look my tooth came out!” she said showing him the object that had caused so much trouble. A lingering scent made its way to Alec’s nose, it was weak but it smelt like the most perfect thing in the universe. Upon realisation of what the intoxicating scent was however , Alec immediately put Adeline down and ran outside to Adeline’s garden.

Five minutes later , Adeline opened the door to the garden and smiled at Alec, who had now managed to regain control , smiled at her . She walked around the fountain and said “I’m sorry, I didn’t realise about the blood”
“It ok angel, its not your fault”. She smiled at him and made her way to the bench he was sitting on. She sat next to him and swung her legs. After a few minutes of comfortable silence , she turned her head to him and asked “You know what the man was going to do to me, is that what you do to other people?” He sighed and looked into her innocent blue eyes and said “Yes”, she nodded “But ever since I met you I’ve never done that to a child”, she nodded again and placed her small hand on his and then asked “When did you meet me?”
“When you were only a year old”
“What did I look like?”
“Well you had a lot less hair than you do now , but it was still blonde as the sun , and your eyes were bright blue and you were tiny and you were a lot quieter than you are now” he teased her and she giggled . “Alec why did my parents leave me here?” she asked sadly
“You’re too young to know that the moment, they wanted me to tell you when you’re older” he said sadly as well, he hated lying to her but it was only to protect her. Adeline lent into his side and said “I miss them” he wrapped an arm around her and said “I know you do.”

For the next two days all Adeline thought about was Rose coming to see her and when that day arrived she jumped out of bed startling Alec. “Rose is coming to see me today!!” she said excitedly , Alec laughed at her joy “calm down Adeline , when she gets here she’ll be seeing Aro and the others and then she can come and see you , ok so you’re going to have to be patient”
“But I want to see Rosie now” she said crossing her arms , Alec crossed his arms and stared back at her. They both glared at each other , “I can do this all day Adeline”
“So can I”
“But then you’d miss Rosalie” her eyes widened and she gasped in shock “Oh no I have to see Rosalie”
“I win”
“That’s not fair you cheated” Adeline shouted at him , he just laughed and picked her up. “I have to go now, but I’ll see you later with Rosalie” he kissed her cheek and she kissed his. He put her down and waved to her as he left her in her room. She then laughed and tumbled onto her bed , only to be shouted at by Maria to “Get out of bed !!!”. Maria drew Adeline a bath and then washed her golden locks , they picked out Adeline’s favourite dress together , navy with a white collar. Adeline had breakfast and then Maria brushed her hair and tied half of it up with a white ribbon. And then Adeline waited. And waited. Until finally Alec came into her room and said “Was there someone you wanted to see?” Adeline grinned and leapt up from her chair and ran to her Alec, who took her hand and they both walked out of the corridor . Adeline skipped ahead of Alec , giggling in excitement , it had been two years since she had seen her mother substitute and she couldn’t wait to see her. “Hurry up Alec” she laughed and he ran so he was ahead of her “That’s not fair” she squealed
“Well hurry up then” he said to her and she ran to him and he swung her up into his arms and used his vampire speed to take Adeline to the Cullens who were waiting patiently for the eight year old girl.

“Rosalie!” Adeline squealed upon seeing the blonde vampire , she wriggled out of Alec’s arms and ran to Rose “hey sweetie , look how big you’ve gotten” Rosalie said as she hugged the daughter she never had. “I missed you so much” Adeline said hugging her,
“I’ve missed you too” Rosalie said sadly, “Look I lost a tooth!” Adeline said pointing to the gap in her mouth, “Wow Adeline , you’re growing up so fast”
“Almost too fast” Alec said from the corner and Adeline stuck her tongue out at him to which everyone laughed. “Adeline I want you to meet some people” Rose said to her, bending down to her level “This Edward, do you remember him?” Rosalie pointed the bronze haired man. “Of course I remember him, hey Edward” she said , running to him and he laughed at her innocence as he picked her up “Hey Adeline how’ve you been?”
“I’ve been good, I found out that you’re all vampires , but apart from that nothing much” she laughed , she however was only one to laugh. “What did I say?” she directed her question to Alec as her eyes began to well up “Nothing angel” Rosalie said taking her from Edward “It was just a shock , hey don’t cry now , you’ve done nothing wrong” she said wiping a tear from Adeline’s cheek “ Now lets meet some new people, this is my husband Emmett” Rosalie said pointing to a man that Adeline could mistake for her father “Hey little one” he said to her and she waved at him , and then Rosalie moved her to face a man with blond hair and a woman with dark brown hair “This is Carlisle and Esme” , Adeline said hello to them and then a man with darker blond hair and a strange look on his face “This Jasper” Rosalie said and Adeline whispered to her “What’s wrong with him?”, Rosalie laughed lightly, “Nothing, sweetie , he just finds it harder to be around humans, than the rest of us”, Adeline nodded and then Rosalie pointed to a girl with short dark hair who introduced herself “I’m Alice, I love your dress”
“Thank you , I like your shoes” Adeline said and then her and Alice began a big discussion on dresses and dolls.

Later that day Adeline took Emmett and Rosalie out to her garden , she held both their hands and they swung her between them . Alec watched them from the window, seeing Adeline this happy made him want to ask the Cullens to adopt her , just so she’d be this happy all the time “We’d love to adopt her , especially Rose but I think she belongs here with you” Edward said walking up to him. “I don’t appreciate you reading my thoughts”
“Can’t help it” Edward said with a slight smirk, “She’s so tall now” he said to him, “Just ten more years”
“Please don’t remind me , I hate watching her grow up , knowing that one day she’ll be like us”
“She wont be , she’s Adeline , she’s got a good hear , she wouldn’t hurt a fly”
“I know”
“You say that no w, but when she turns into a new born , she’ll be a monster just like the rest of us” said the voice of Jasper who also joined them. “I hope not.”

Adeline giggled as Emmett threw her in the air “Emmett be careful” Rosalie called from the bench watching the two, “Relax Rose, I’ve caught her every time” he said and then proceeded to chase her around the garden. Rosalie smiled at the two , what she wouldn’t give for Adeline to be her and Emmett’s flesh and blood . Emmett had hardly known Adeline for half an hour and yet they still behaved like father and daughter . Adeline was now on his shoulders and Rosalie heard her say “Don’t let me fall” and Emmett looked at the little girl and said “ I wont but if you ever do I’ll catch you, I promise” . They spent the rest of the afternoon playing in the garden , just the three of them , the perfect family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry i haven't updated in two weeks , been suffering from writer's block.
Be Your Everything : thank you and i've updated :)
Reader35: thank you and i've updated :)
catgarcia12:thank you and i've updated :)
XxEmo_vampire_ChicxX : thank you , your comment was really sweet :)

Thank you to everyone who has commented, subscribed, recommended and just read my story , thank you so much xx