His Possesion

Imra and Corliss

*New Characters Point of View*

My fingers lay lightly on the planchette. I’ve been in contact with a fascinating spirit lately who called himself Stanley; he’s claimed to be my spirit guide. Playing with an Ouija is messy stuff but for the past four years I’ve been having dreams about a girl getting captured from some sort of creature and taken to a whole different world to fulfill some sort of prophecy. My spirit guide Stanley says that my soul is either traveling into a different land when I sleep, his land to be exact or it is a premonition. I feel bad for the girl in my dreams she is the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen and she is clearly terrified but has too much pride to show it. Sometimes I fear her captor will break her spirit. These dreams are the reason I decided to get in contact with the spirits.

“Stanley...is there any way I could come to your land and help the girl from my dreams?” I asked waiting for a response.

I felt the planchette glide across the board. C-A-N-I-C-O-M-E-T-O-Y-O-U is what he spelled out.
“Why do you want to come here?” I asked. T-O-H-E-L-P.

I always heard that the demons who contacted you through the board could lie to you and once they earned your trust they would get you to allow them into our world. Once that happens they follow you for the rest of your life tormenting you until you die and take your soul back to Hell with them. I pondered a minute.

“No you can’t come out.” I said sternly.

Just then the planchette flung itself across the room and smashed my lamp. My heart stopped as I sat there just staring at the board. I didn’t say a proper goodbye he’s here now whether I like it or not. My palms began to sweat as I scooted back up into the wall not wanting to get snuck up on. A light chuckle echoed from my open closet. As the thickness in the room increased, like a hot humid day, I clung onto my knees in front of me as if it were a shield.

“I’m your spirit guide Stanley I mean you no harm. Let me tell you a story of your fate.” Stanley hummed.

A warm breeze hit me as he sat down next to me I couldn’t see him but I knew he was there. I felt him. Not as nervous as before I let out a breath of relief. His presence was comforting and warm.

“Before I begin my story throw away everything you’ve ever been taught about fairytales, folklore, and mythical creatures because that is my world. Our worlds are similar in ways not all of us are good not all of us are bad everyone has their own likes and dislikes but that is beside the point.” He paused for longer than the usual minute.

”As for your fate… this girl you’ve been dreaming about her name is Charlie in your land but in our land her name in Fay. Decades ago there was a beautiful wood elven named Imra she was the strongest healer in the whole wood elf clan. There was a man who admired her from afar. He was a human from your world who dealt heavily into black magic he learned how to control where his soul would travel to when he would sleep and he would always go to her and watch from the trees. Many trips later he ran into a dark being who had noticed his intrigue for the young elven he offered him a deal. If he gave his soul to this dark creature then he could live in their land and wed the girl. The human agreed and soon realized his mistake. By giving the creature his soul the creature did a spell at perfect timing so the human soul would be trapped in the creatures body and the creatures soul went back to Earth in exchange for his. The man soon found out the creatures body he was trapped in was a demons body named Corliss the demon of grief. No matter how hard he tried to prove his love to Imra she wouldn’t give into the temptation. She was a creature of the light and he was of the dark it was forbidden. Although one foggy night Imra was broken down in tears, Corliss was well aware of her despair he secretly caused it. He burned down her village killing several elves. As much as it hurt him seeing her like this because of him he knew this was the only way. Through the years they grew closer and closer and soon enough they got married this caused an unexpected harmony between the light and the dark creatures. It’s a legendary story of my people, however not everyone was happy. Imra was pregnant which caused an evil wizard to curse her to sleep for one thousand years and once those years were up she was to be sent to Earth and have her child unaware of her life before. Her child was Charlie… well Fay is her real name. Fay is the key to the harmony between the light and the dark once again.” Stanley stopped.

“Is Fay the girl I’ve been dreaming about? What does this have to do with my fate?” I stared at my feet absorbing all this information questioning my sanity.

“Yes she is the girl in your dreams and you are her spirit guide. If you want to help her I’m afraid you’re going to have to leave this world permanently and I will make sure your soul gets through to the right place.”

I jumped up and stared at the wall where he is sitting,” So you’re saying if I want to help her I need to kill myself!?” I paced back and forth until I felt warm surround me. He was changing my mood.

“Relax it’ll be ok. You won’t have to do it yourself. I could do it if you want.” Stanley slowly appeared before my eyes. He was a pasty white guy who looked to be young but his eyes made him seem like a man in his 40s.

There’s no way I could just leave my family and friends for some girl and I don’t even know. I would miss my mom and my dad and even my annoying brother. How could I be so selfish though if I could help this girl create harmony between the light and the dark. Ending war in another world should be the one I choose but it’s awful of me to put my family through such heartache.
“You have time to think about this. I understand how hard this is for you. There is still a chance Fay could do this on her own but the chances are very slim. I will go to give you time to think I will be back in a few days for your final decision.” With that he disappeared.

I stood there thinking about my options over and over again. The right thing to do seems to go and help Fay but then again it seems so wrong to leave my family. I laid back in bed getting ready for another dream maybe it will help my decision.