‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Eleven.

Matt was gone, Skye was gone I just couldn't focus on the bar so i gave up on the bar for awhile. I sat inside Saoirse alone, filling the shot glass more of tequila. I just want her home, I want my baby back, whoever took her will pay as took the shot of the strong liquid. My phone constantly rang but I ignored it. I just kept knocking the shots back as if they were water. I couldn't cry anymore all that was left of me was an alcohol numb.

I soon heard the door of my bar opening and I told the person who was entering we are closed. "Should never drink alone Layla." I heard my own accent fill my ears. I looked up from the shot glass and looked into his sweet caring eyes. "Shut up Danny." I said pouring another shot. "If you cant beat them join them." Danny said taking the shot. "What has you here?" I asked him. "I seen the posts all over the news about your daughter. I came to see you." Danny said shaking his head from the shot. "Fuck Layla how do you drink this stuff?" Danny asked setting the glass on the table. "Remember Danny I always did since we first ever started drinking." I said taking the bottle into my hand. "Honestly Layla you have had enough." Danny said taking the bottle out of my hand.

"Maybe you should try talking instead of drinking?" he looked at me. "Rather drink thanks!" I said snatching the bottle back. "Layla last time I seen you this bad is when your dad past away. I didn't like that girl she wasn't the warm hearted caring person that I grew up with and fell in love with." Danny spoke taking my hand in his. "Well I was still heartbroken over you then as well." I said knocking back another shot. "Heartbroken? Layla you told me to go! Follow your dreams you told me." "I wasn't going to be the reason for you being unhappy with life." I said. "I was unhappy the day you left me Layla, when I found out your dad was sick I came to be at your side but you and Adam were together so I left you alone." Danny sighed. "Yeah then I left Adam to come here." I sighed.

"You got to put down that bottle Layla and think about Skye. Where is Matt?" Danny asked. "He moved out of the house, it was to hard for him to be there. I know it wasn't his fault but I resent him for what has happened." I said getting up to clear the table. "Your only human Layla so it is understandable that you do, but dont lose touch with him. He is hurting as much as you are." Danny said engulfing me in his arms. "It just isn't fair Danny, first my dad is taken away from me. Now Skye is gone and so is Matt." I said tears filling my eyes again. "She is going to be home soon Layla, you just got to keep holding on." he said holding me closer.

"Do you ever think if we didn't break up after school we would still be together?" I asked wiping away my tears. "I do why do you ask?" Danny replied. "Sometimes it just passes through my mind." I replied. "Layla what did we say that night on the pier?" "Everything happens for a reason. If its ment to be it will be." I sniffed. "Exactly. I may never stop loving you but look at everything you achieved your own bars, great friends and a fiancee who loves you the same amount as I do." He smiled. "Lets get you home. You need sleep and tomorrow you ring Matt and talk to him." Danny said helping me up. "Ok but will you stay with me please I dont want to be alone." i looked at him with pleading eyes. "Of course." Danny said helping me to his car.

"I am thankful your back in my life Danny." I said hugging him tight. "I am glad to be back Layla." he said resting his chin my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait been mad busy and writers block anyways this is just a fill in on how Layla is doing. Much love x