‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Thirteen

I can't believe this is happening. Who in their right mind would take two babies from their families, their homes. I unlocked the door of saoirse and walked inside running my hands through my hair. I got a sudden rush of anger and screamed as i pulled my bar apart. I soon felt a hand on my back as i held on to the bar trying to breathe. "Layla? What happened?" Danny asked rubbing my back. "Octavis is gone just like Skye." I sniffed. "What you mean gone. As in kidnapped?" Danny asked and I just stared at him through hatred and anger. "Layla its not your fault so don't blame yourself" I felt his hands on mine. I moved my hand and brushed my fringe back off my face.

"You know your beautiful when your angry." I laughed at Dannys comment. "Typical Danny, always tries to swoon the girls." I laughed. "I swooned you with my boyish charm. Back in school when we use to sit together on lunch break holding hands when we were ten." Danny smiled at me. "You and Adam hated each other because he always tried to hold my hand too. Remember my dad bringing us home from school and we use to hold hands and I held my dads hand also. He knew we would be together because no matter were we went you use to hold my hand." I smiled slightly at the memories flooding my brain. "oh yeah I remember Adam starting a fight with me on my way home from school one day when we were in secondary school because i kissed you." Danny laughed. "He told my ma and dad that we had sex, my dad was fuming and wouldn't let me go see you." I laughed. "Never stopped us though because Lily and Ger helped us sneak away." Danny said. "Good times Danny good times." I laughed getting off my the stool. Danny soon pulled me close to him. "The amount of times I thought about you when we went our separate ways after school. I regret ever letting you go Layla." Danny said said in an almost whisper as he crashed his lips to mine. I stood their frozen with my eyes wide open, I felt paralyzed. I soon gathered my strength and pushed Danny off me. "What the hell Danny, Im engaged to Matt. I have a baby with Matt. Just get out!" I said trying to breathe. "Layla I am sorry." Danny pleaded. "Get out!" I said pushing him towards the door.

I waited ten minutes before I left the bar. I checked all around me to make sure he was gone. I climbed into my car and drove away from the bar. I didn't want to go home to an empty house. I took the highway and drove to Val and Lucas house. I pulled up to theirs about ten minutes later. My legs were like jelly. I struggled to walk to the door but I reached the door and rang the bell. Soon Lucas came down stairs to answer the door. "Hey Layla what's up?" Lucas said letting me past him into their home.

I couldn't hold my tears any longer and i broke down in front of Lucas. "Danny kissed me in the bar. He told me he regretted letting me go!" I said trying to breathe through my tears. Which must of woken Val. I apologized to Val for waking her up with my crying then explained why I was in tears. Lucas was fuming I could see it in his eyes. "That is it no way is he getting away doing this." Lucas said grabbing clothes and got changed.

Matt's POV:

I can't believe this is happening again, but this time to Zacky and Gena. Two wonderful parents, two people with big hearts full of love for that little boy. Just like me and Layla, we adored Skye so much. I hate seeing her so heartbroken its unbelievable that the one promise I made her I could not keep. To never see her hurt and now with Skye missing she is heartbroken but she is not alone I blame myself for all of this. "Matt have you heard from Layla?" Corra asked waking up from her nap on Zackys couch. "No she turned her phone off." I said sitting beside Corra. "She must of went to the bar. She has been going their to talk to Danny a lot since you moved out. Layla hates being alone in the house so her and Danny sit and talk at the bar." Corra said sitting up straight. "Danny has known her a long time he is just trying to help her." I said trying to hide my jealousy over Danny being with Layla at the bar. "Matt, Layla needs you for support, go and talk to her for the sake of Skye and Octavis." Corra told me as she got up to leave the room. Corra is right i better go find Layla. I told the guys I was going to speak to Layla and they sadly smiled at me knowing I had to.

From Zacky and Gena's house to the bar only takes about ten minutes. I park beside Laylas car and jump out. I walk to the door and notice it is open. I can hear the sound of Laylas voice and her laugh filling my ears. Her laugh is what I miss the most, she doesnt laugh like that for me since Skye was taken. I walk in the door and heard Danny speaking to Layla.
"The amount of times I thought about you when we went our separate ways after school. I regret ever letting you go Layla." Danny spoke in a whisper. I watched as Danny kissed Layla. She is better off with him than me. I accept defeat as I walked out of the bar to my car. She deserves to be happy. She deserves to laugh the way she did. I thought about it all the way back to Zackys. Everyone was still here bar Val and Lucas. I walked in to the house and sat down on the couch lost in thought I didn't even notice Corra had sat beside me. "well how did it go?" Corra asked. She deserves better than me." I said my voice cracking from trying to contain my upset. "What happened?" Corra asked as she saw right through me. "I walked in and Danny was telling Layla how he never stopped thinking about her when he let her go and then he kissed her." I said in an almost whisper. "What did Layla do?" Corra asked. "I don't know I couldn't stand there watching her be happy with someone else." I sighed. "Matt you know Layla loves you, its been a stressful situation of late. i know boss lady long enough to know she is not cheater." Corra said resting a comforting hand on my arm. "She was laughing, something I haven't heard her do since Skye was taken. It was heart warming to hear laugh again." I said. "Don't let your mind run away with itself Matt. Remember Layla is marrying you if she really wanted Danny she would have made it possible. Do you want me to talk to her?" Corra asked but before I could reply everyone's phones buzzed.

Lucas POV:

Layla begged me to stop what I was doing and to talk to her. "Lucas stop this won't help matters!" Layla said but her words ment nothing. "I am going to make sure he stays away from us for good Layla. He is not ruining your happiness now he has had twelve years to come back to you. So why now?" I said getting into my car. I hate seeing Layla so hurt and upset. Ger isn't hear to protect her so I am going to. Danny told me he was staying in an apartment he used when recording over here, we hung out a few times there just before Skye went missing. I pulled up to the apartment blocks and got out of my car. I walked inside heading to the opposite side of the pool to Dannys apartment. I could feel my blood boiling in my veins as I approached the pool area.

"Good job on getting the job done. Those idiots had no clue." I heard a female laugh. I moved to the steps to get a better look but what I saw I couldn't believe. "Well the only hard one to get past was Layla but with Skye gone she is all over the place. Now listen Im bringing Skye back to them in the morning. You have your baby boy now leave and never speak to me again." the other person said. "Aw baby don't be like that. We had fun these past few months." the female spoke. "Yeah and now its over. So see you later." he said walking away. "Ill pick him up in the morning, Im going out tonight." the woman said. "Fine!" tomorrow before noon." it went silent.

I can't believe this, they have some cheek doing this to my best friends. I whipped out my phone and sent a group message telling everyone where to meet me. This shit ends here.