‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Sixteen

The days that followed Amirah and Danny's arrest were stressful, but the nights, the night were bliss. Everyone was able to sleep better knowing that Skye and Octavis were back home and safe. Both kids were taken to the doctors and got checked out, thankfully there was nothing wrong with them. They were fed and bathed properly, which put everyone at ease just a little. Everything seems to have gone back to normal for the most part. Layla is back at work, Matt and the guys are in the studio and I am at home with the babies. I'm happy that everything has settled down, I missed the normalcy of it all.

With a groan, I open my eyes and wine as the sunlight pours in through the windows. I bury my head in my pillow and try to force myself to go back to sleep, but my stomach churns and my throat starts to burn. “N-no,” I gag and jump out of bed. Running to the bathroom with my hand over my mouth I make it to the toilet just in time as I empty my stomach. Pulling my head away from the seat, I flush and stand up. “What the hell...” I mutter to myself and walk over to the sink. There I brush my teeth and wash my face. I stare at myself for a few minutes and bite my lip.

Walking out of the bathroom I head over to Johnny's full length mirror and stand in front of it. I stare at my body with a frown on my face, nothing looks different. I don't look sick. You're not sick stupid I shake my head at the voice and start to walk away from the mirror, but a thought, well more like a memory stops me. Yesterday at the pub the girls were all talking about me. When I asked what about they all kind of brushed me off and suggested that I go get myself checked out. Michelle thought that I could be pregnant, which I laughed at. Me? Pregnant? Yeah right, but then they all started to make little comments about it. They pointed out a lot of things that I just ignored or dismissed altogether. Now I'm thinking...what if they're right?

With a shaky breath, I turn to my side and look at myself in the mirror. Slowly I lift my shirt up and stare at my flat stomach, I put on a little weight, but that's only because I haven't been working out...right? I place my hand on my stomach and bite my lip, let me think. John and I have had sex many times, but we used protection each time. Protection doesn't work all the time I'm not on birth control, I never really thought much about it since Johnny always seemed to have condoms. No. There's no way that I'm preg- There was that one time... Shoving my shirt down over my stomach, I groan. Heading to the closet I grab a set of clothes along with a pair of shoes. Quickly I get dressed and run down the steps, I need to talk to Layla.

Running out the house, I jump in my car and drive to Layla’s place. Yes! Her car is in the drive way. Pulling up behind her car, I kill the engine and get out, my hands shaking…what if I am pregnant? Shaking my head, I take a deep breath and walk up to the front door. I knock on the door twice and Bella starts barking. I giggle at the hearing Matt’s voice on the other side of the door telling Bella to ‘shut the hell up’. Matt soon opens the door and he looks surprised to see me. “You shouldn’t talk to Bella that way big guy,” I state and give him a hug. Matt rolls his eyes and hugs me back.

“Whatever,” Matt grumbles and he lets me go. Stepping to the side, Matt lets me in the house and I look around.

“Is Layla upstairs with the baby?” I question and Matt shakes his head.

“She took the baby food shopping.”

“Oh…” I bite my lip and look down at the floor.

“Is everything okay, Corra?” Matt asks, his voice full of concern and I bite my lip harder feeling my eyes starting to burn. “Corra?” Matt reaches out and puts his finger under my chine, forcing me to look at him. Seeing my watery eyes, Matt sighs and pulls me into his arms. In his embrace, I break and my tears fall as fear grips my heart. Matt picks me up like I weigh nothing and carries me to the living room. Sitting down on the couch with me in his lap, Matt holds me tightly like I am a small child. “What’s going on? Did Johnny hurt you?” Matt asks and I can hear the anger in his voice. Unable to speak I shake my head and Matt looks at me confused.

“I-I-”

“You?”

“I think I’m p-pregnant,” I cry and Matt’s whole body stiffens up.

“W-what?” I nod my head pitifully and Matt sucks in a deep breath. “O-okay…um I’m going to call Layla. This…this is a girl thing, right?” Matt moves me off his lap and pulls his phone from his pocket. I sit beside him with tears rolling down my face and listen as he calls Layla. Matt hangs up and looks over at me, running a hand over his head. “She won’t be home for a while,” Matt says and I nod my head wiping at my tears.

“I’ll come back later,” I mummer and Matt shakes his head.

“No. You stay here with me…Gosh, I’m no good at this.” Matt sighs and I laugh a little. Matt gives me a sideways glance and cracks one of his dimpled grins. “Okay…so you think you’re pregnant?”

“I don’t know. The girls were teasing me about it and-”

“Oh about the whole throwing up thing?” Matt asks and I nod my head. “Shit,” he curses. “Well if you are what are you going to do?”

I look at Matt like he’s lost his damn mind, “Keep it,” I state and Matt holds his hands up in defense.

“Hey, hey. Relax, I’m just asking,” Matt says and he leans back on the couch. “Short Shit might be a dad…” Matt shakes his head and laughs. “The kid is going to be taller than him within a few months,” Matt jokes and I laugh.

“That’s so mean!” I scold and Matt laughs.

“Oh shit!”

“What?” I ask and Matt pulls his phone from his pocket again.

“Layla should pick up a test while she’s out, no need to waste gas and shit,” Matt explains and I bite my lip.

“You’re going to tell her over the phone?”

“Yea…oh right,” Matt sighs and shove his phone back in his pocket. “You know what fuck it.” Matt stands up and offers me his hand.

“Um…”

“Come on we’ll get a test ourselves. Layla should be back by then,” Matt explains and I take hold of his hand.

“I guess,” I mutter and Matt smiles.

“Don’t worry, no matter what we’ll all be here for you,” Matt says and I smile.

“Thanks big guy.” I wrap my arms around Matt’s waist and he laughs hugging me back.

“Let’s get going.”

At the store, Matt stands beside me in line with his arm thrown over my shoulder. I lean into his side and he kisses the top of my head, “Do you want a girl or boy?” Matt asks as we step up to the cashier and her eyes widen when she sees Matt.

“I don’t really care Matt,” I say and clear my throat seeing that the girl is still staring at Matt. She looks down at me and I hand the girl the two pregnancy tests. She raises an eyebrow and I look away from her. She rings the tests up and puts them in a bag before telling me my total. Matt hands over his credit card and I roll my eyes. “I could’ve paid,” I state and Matt smirks.

“This is me being a good Dad,” Matt says and I laugh taking the bag from the girl. Matt and I walk out of the shore and I’m blinded by flashing lights. Matt quickly wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me through the mass of bodies. I duck my head down and tried to hide in Matt’s side as we speed walk to Layla’s car. Yeah, since Layla went shopping she took Matt’s truck and left him her car. We jump in and Matt doesn’t even warn the paparazzi that he’s about to pull out. They all jump out of the way and Matt speeds off, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

“You okay?” I ask and he glances over at me.

“Me? Me?! I should be asking you that,” Matt shouts and I flinch away from his tone. “Fucking assholes! Fuck…” Matt shakes his head. “I’m sorry,” Matt apologize.

“It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not. It’s my fought, I didn’t cover up. That was reckless of me and I’m sorry. I put you in the limelight when you don’t need that right now,” Matt rambles and I sigh.

“Hey.” Matt glances over at me and I place a comforting hand on his shoulder. “It’s all good big guy. I’m fine and you’re fine, both of us are fine.” Matt sighs, but nods his head nonetheless. Ten minutes later the two of us walk into Matt’s house and I go right to the guest bathroom. I open the boxes and set them on the counter before I go to pull my pants down, but stop. “Dammit,” I curse and pull the zipper back up. Leaving the tests out I leave the bathroom and head to the living room.

“That was fast,” Matt says and I make a face. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t have to pee,” I tell Matt with a pout and he laughs.

“There should be a few bottles of water in the fridge,” Matt states and I go into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. With the bottle in my hand I walk back into the living room and sit on the other end of the couch. Twisting the cap off I raise my legs and drop them down across Matt’s lap. He raises an eyebrow at me and I smile innocently as I sip on my water. “You have to pee yet?” I stick my tongue out at Matt and he laughs turning the TV on. He flips though the channels stopping on The Big Bang Theory and we sits watching it laughing. A while later Layla walks in the house with Skye in her arms.

“We’re back!” Layla calls out and Skye repeats her saying “back”. I lift my lift my legs off of Matt’s lap and we both stand up. Matt walks to the door to greet Layla and I follow behind. Layla smiles at me as she hands Skye over to Matt. “Come help?” she asks and I nod my head. The two of us head back outside and we gather the bags from the car. “You okay?” Layla asks once we are in the kitchen putting everything away while Matt is in the living room with Skye keeping her out of our way. I bite my lip and Layla turns around giving me her full attention. “What’s going on?” Layla’s voice is full of concern and she frowns lightly.

“I um…” I sigh and run a hand through my hair looking down at the floor. “I’ll just show you,” I mutter and walk out of the kitchen with Layla hot on my heels. I open the door the guest bathroom and point for Layla to go in. She steps into the bathroom and I watch her reaction in the mirror as she notices the boxes on the counter top. Layla’s eyes meet mine in the mirror and she’s shocked. “I-I haven’t taken them yet, but I think…yeah,” I say feeling my eyes starting to burn.

“Oh sweetie,” Layla coos and she pulls me into her arms. I try to fight back my tears, but Layla’s loving and caring words make it hard to do. A tear slips from my eye and just like that I’m a sobbing mess in her arms. “It’ll be okay,” Layla reassures me and I know that she is right, but I can’t stop crying. I’m scared, I know that Johnny won’t leave me…at least that what I keep telling myself, it’s just taking care of others people’s kids is a whole different story then raising my own. What if I’m a shitty mother? I voice my concerns to Layla and she laughs letting me out of her arms, “You will be an amazing mother. You’re great with kids and the guys…they’re just grown little kids, so you’ve had all the practice you’ll ever need.”

I open my mouth to comment, but quickly close it. “What’s wrong?” Layla asks.

“I have to pee,” I say and Layla laughs.

“I’ll be in the kitchen.” Layla leaves the bathroom and shuts the door behind her. Taking a deep breathe, I open the boxes and do my business. Flushing the toilet, I set the sticks on top of the boxes and wash my hands. I set the timer on my phone and sits on the floor with my back pressed against the bathtub. I pass the time by thinking of my future with Johnny if we do have a kid. I can see us having a little boy, he would look just like Johnny, but have a darker skin tone like Octavis’. The timer goes off and I slowly stand up. I go over to the sink and pick the sticks up with shaking hands. Staring down at the little screens my knees buckle and I catch myself from falling.

“Layla!” I shout and soon after Layla and Matt both come running into the bathroom with Skye in Matt’s arms. They look at me with wondering eyes and tears of joy fall from my eyes. “I’m pregnant,” I laugh through my tears and they both wrap me up in their arms.

“We’re gonna welcome a baby gnome to the family,” Matt jokes and I push him away from me with a laugh.

“…I have to tell Johnny….” Matt and Layla’s smiles both fall and I bite my lip. “Oh God, I have to tell Johnny,” I wine and Matt pats me on the back.

“He’ll be happy, don’t worry.”

“Are you going to tell him right now?” Layla asks and I shake my head.

“I’ll do it at home,” I tell her and Layla nods her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took me so long to get this out. Also I apologize for the length, I know it's short.