‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter two

I sat smiling watching Matt feed Skye and she was having none of it. I laughed as my little girl giggled uncontrollably. "She is not going to eat is she?" Matt complained. I just slowly shook my head laughing. "Mainly because you are wearing most it that is why she is laughing." I smiled at Matt who excepted defeat. I took Skye out of her high chair and went upstairs to change her. "Are you being silly for your daddy?" I said smiling at her. Soon I heard Matt come upstairs with my phone in hand. "Its Corra for you." Matt smiled handing me the phone. "What's cracking good looking?" I chimed down the phone. "Was wondering is it ok if we all come over and hangout today?" Corra asked. "You mean Jimmy and Johnny want to come and play with Skye?" I laughed. "and me!" Corra laughed. "Of course you guys can come over. Isn't that right Skye? You want to see your aunts and uncles don't you?" I cooed at my precious daughter. "Ok cool see you in an hour?" Corra asked. "Perfect by me babe see you then." I said hanging up the phone.

Later the guys came by and we all sat around talking. "Can't believe Skye is almost one?" Val cooed as I gave Skye her bottle rocking her gently. "Either can we." Matt smiled lovingly at me which made me smile. I finished giving Skye her bottle and rocked my little girl to sleep. Matt took Skye out of my arms and put her to bed. "So Layla when do you think you will come back to the bar?" Lucas asked. "She is going back tonight!" I turned around to see my mom. "Well that was a lovely little holiday!" I laughed resting my head on my moms shoulder lovingly. "I have to go back to Ireland soon sweetheart. I do have two pubs of my own plus your two your dad left you." my mom smiled. "Wait you have two other pubs Layla?" Matt questioned behind me. "Yeah but they are now for Skye." I told my Matt. "We are a family run business so I took the other two from Layla so she could focus on running Saoirse here." my mom told everyone. Everyone looked shocked at my secret bar Lucas. "Lucas was the only one who knew about my inheritance. Its not a big deal." I told everyone. "Right moving on you Layla get ready for work and I am taking my granddaughter for the night so go have fun." my mom ordered.

About an hour later we all gathered in Saoirse. As I stood behind the bar my our regulars all welcomed me back. It felt great to be doing the other thing I love which is running a bar. Corra seemed a little off about the whole secret with my other two bars. "Hey you ok?" I asked Corra. "Yeah Im not mad at you for the secret Layla. I think its great about the other bars but how come Lucas knew all along?" Corra asked. "because Layla told me hammered and asked me to never tell a soul because she wanted to stand on her own two feet." Lucas chimed in. "That's why you were so understanding about me walking away from my old lifestyle?" Corra questioned and nodded yes in agreement. I watched Corra think about my reason for not telling her which made me nervously wait for her answer. She soon smiled and hugged Lucas and I. For the rest of the night flew by and I really wanted to get home to my baby. The dj got the crowd to cheer at my arrival back to work which made me laugh. "Right ladies and gents go home to your loved ones." I shouted over the crowd which made my friends smile. The bar soon emptied and everyone sang together "She's back!" which made me tell them to shut up. Soon the bar was clean and everyone with there loved ones headed home.

As I drove home Matt and myself had a chat. "How did it feel being back at work?" Matt asked me as I drove. "Good actually it is nice to get my space away from home makes me excited to get home for Skye." I smiled at him. "I always thought you would wanted to stay home with Skye." Matt questioned. "Why would you think that?" I questioned Matt. "Just thought you would be a stay at home mom. Not working every night in a bar after she went home?" Matt said looking out the window. "You mean you would work and we would live off your money. That will never happen." I said starting to get a little annoyed. I turned the corner to our home and parked in the drive way. "AllĀ  I am saying is you have three bars there is no reason you have to work why not stay at home with our daughter?" Matt implied. "So what I have three bars, would you give up your job to take care of our daughter?" I asked entering the house and slipping off my shoes.

"Why would I do that? I would be providing a life for the two of you?"Matt replied. Now I was angry, why would I give up my work if Matt wasn't going to give his up if the tables were turned. "I work nights Matt you tour! You would be gone for months on end. At least I would be home every night with Skye and with both incomes we can afford a nanny!" I huffed. "Skye should come first in your life Layla? Not the pub!" Matt whispered angrily at me. "Could same to you Matt! Not your fans!" I whispered back at him. "I don't want some stranger taking care of Skye, it should be her mom?" Matt sighed. "I do take care of her, my mom ran six pubs with my dad and raised Lily and I." I told him through the grit of my teeth. "Your being selfish Layla. My music can financially support all of us. "Uhh get lost Matt. I am not giving up my job if your not willing to do it! I am so angry at you right now. I am going to bed and do not bother joining me until you stop being a selfish child." I said going to bed. I walked into the bedroom and got changed for bed. I took a peek and watched Skye peacefully sleep. "I want to give you the best life possible baby. I want to work so hard so when your older you can be safely secure with life. I hope your daddy will see that one day. Night baby my angel." I whispered and got into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow new story Im so excited to work with corra again lets do this shit x