‹ Prequel: Seize the Day

Just Live Your Life

Chapter Eight

Matt didn't stay at his mom's house instead Zack invited him to stay at his house, so he did. That's were I'm heading now, to Zack's. Everyone should be there by now, it's time we told Zack and Gena about Amirah coming back to California. Pulling up behind Brian's truck, I kill the engine of my car and get out looking the doors behind me. I can hear everyone's laughter coming from behind Zack's house which means that they all must be outside in the pool. I can also smell the BBQ and mixed drinks in the air. Entering the house through the front door I hang my jacket up in the closet and head into the kitchen only to be greeted with Val and Lucas in a heated make out session. “You guys wanna get a room?” I question making the two of them break away from each other quickly. They turn around to face me with guilty expressions on their faces making me laugh, “You guys are dirty!” I joke and Val's face turns bright red while Lucas just smirks.

Lucas makes a jump at me and I scream running out the back door before he can catch me. “Zack! Lucas and Val are having sex in your kitchen!!” I shout running up to Johnny and hiding behind him.

“What?!” Gena and Zack both yell and all eyes are on the back door as Lucas and Val both run out.

“She's lying!” Val shouts and I shake my head.

“I am not!”

“You whore!” Va yells and Johnny jumps out of the way as Val charges me pushing me into the pool, falling in as well. We both scream and try to drown each other, earning laughs from everyone around us.

“Alright ladies that's enough,” Brian says as he swims over to Val and I. We look at Brian, then to each and then back to Brian. “Really?” he questions reading Val and I's mind. We giggle and attack Brian succeeding in dunking him under the water.

“Hurry away before he gets payback!” Val shouts and we both swim to the edge of the pool lifting ourselves out of the water. “What's gonna work?”

“Teamwork!” I sing back to Val and two of us fall into a fit of giggles. After two hours of fun, food and laughter it's time to get down to business. Skye is playing with the dogs on the floor and Octavis is taking his afternoon nap in his crib that Zack put in the living room.

“Shall we start this meeting?” Matt questions stepping up as the leader, like he always does. Everyone nods their heads and Matt clears his throat looking over at Layla and I. Layla looks at me and I shrug my shoulders answering her silent question.

Layla rolls her eyes and looks at Zack and Gena, “Amirah is back in town and she's been asking about Octavis,” Layla says and Zack frowns.

“She can't have him back,” Gena says and I hold back my surprise. “I mean,” Gena licks her lips when she sees that all eyes are one her, “Amirah may be that little boy's blood, but we're his family. Octavis is our song and I'm not going to let him go.” Gena states and Zack smiles lacing their fingers together while nodding his head.

“Gena is right. I'm not giving Octavis up and I'll be dammed if Amirah is ever in his life. She left him on the steps of my house. What kind of person does that?!” Zack hisses, his voice raising slightly in anger.

“As far as I see it, Zack you're the father, so you get to decide what you want to do.” Matt says. “We all got your back no matter what.”

“Um...” I look over at Johnny narrowing my eyes at him, that um doesn't sound good at all. “Uh...well I kind of disagree.” Johnny states slowly not once looking at me as he speaks.

“What?” I snap and Layla puts her hand on my knee giving it a light squeeze telling me to relax.

“I understand that Amirah has done a lot of messed up things, she's almost broken our gang up more times then I can count, now I'm not forgiving her for that.” Johnny quickly explains when he sees that everyone is frowning at his words, “I can't forget what she did to us or to Octavis, but she gave birth to him and as much as you guys don't like it, she is his mother. I think we should give her a chance, like visitation or something...” Johnny finishes his little speech and I want to beat the living hell out of him. How can he say such a stupid thing?

“Visitation wouldn't be so bad,” Michelle says putting her two cents in, “With Zack and Gena there she can't do anything. We could all take turns if we need to.”

“That won't work. Amirah isn't going to be happy with just seeing Octavis. She's going to want more,” I say.

“Amirah's wants don't really matter. She'll take whatever they give her...that is if they give her anything,” Johnny says.

“Have you forgotten who the hell we're talking about? It's Amirah! Does that mean nothing to you?!” I question unable to hold back my anger. “That girl is selfish and heartless! All she wants is to take Gena's spot beside Zack and spend all his money. She's not stupid, she knows how much you love that baby Zack. She'll use Octavis, she'll use your son to break you, no matter who she hurts in the process!” I hiss and everyone is silent taking in my words.

“I don't want that woman anywhere near Octavis,” Gena says and Zack shakes his head rubbing a hand over his face.

“Do you have Amirah's number?” Zack questions looking at me and I nod my head. “I'll call her later on. It's time I've settled this once and for all. I'm done with her bullshit,” Zack states and I bite my tongue to keep from saying anything.

“Okay...moving on to the next topic,” Matt says and I look around, no one is confused, but me. Layla turns to face me on the couch and I glance between her, Matt, Zack and Gena.

“What's the next topic?” I ask and everyone chuckles at my uneasiness.

“You're forbidden to quit the pub,” Lucas says, “You're one of my best friends and I refuse to lose you.”

“However,” Val picks up where Lucas left off, “We are willing to let you take five days of leave each week. The other two days you have to work at the pub.”

“It is your pick on what days you want to work at the pub,” Layla says from beside me, “We may have been fine with three workers before, but now four is always more fun.” Layla smiles and my eyes widen when I start to understand what they are telling me.

“Are you guys saying I can babysit?” I ask with a shy smile on my face and they all nods their head. “Yes! Woot, woot! You guys rock!” I shout and throw myself into Layla's lap. Laughing she hugs me and lets me go so I can repeat my actions on Zack, Gena and Matt.

“There are two more things we need to let you know,” Zack says.

“What's that?” I ask now seated next to Matt.

“First what's your price?” Gena asks.

“Price on w-oh! No, you guys don't need to pay me to babysit.” I say waving the offer off, but Matt shakes his head.

“I'm hearing seventy-five an hour?” he questions and my eyes widen. That's way too much money! “Also you have to break it to the grandparents that they won't be watching their grandchildren that much anymore.”

“That's not fair!” I wine. Matt and Zack's mothers are lovely women, but I'm sure they will turn into the worse kind of things if I tell them that they won't see their grandchildren so much. “Rock, paper, scissors?” I suggest and everyone shakes their heads making me pout. “You all suck,” I mutter and they all laugh.

“Next topic!” Matt shouts over the laughter and again I'm confused, but it seems like Layla is too. “Touring,” Matt says and my heart breaks with just that one word.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone. I have writers block like no other and it's killing me