Status: I will update as often as possible

Self Destruction

Chapter 22

(Emmie's POV)
I wake up in Ben’s arms and I look around. We’re on the couch and it looks like its only Sam here. I can tell he’s trying his hardest to be quiet. I smile. I look over to Ben and see that he is still asleep. He’s so adorable. I move his arm off of me so I can get up. Only then do I realize how difficult it is going to be to move. I sit up and sigh. Here goes nothing. With my left hand, the one that isn’t broken, I grab the arm of the couch and put my weight onto my right foot, also the one that isn’t broken. I attempt to hop over to Sam repeating what I did to stand up but he heard me. He turned around and laughed.

“Where do you think you’re gonna get with that little hop-skip thing little bunny?” I smile.

“Over to you smart ass.” He makes a move to come help me. “No! I want to do this myself. I have no chance to when he’s awake so this is my chance.” He laughs again and sits back down watching me. I start to move again. I put my weight on my left hand again but my arm crumbles and I fall to the ground. Sam rushes over.

“Are you okay?! Fuck. Ben’s gonna kill me if you’re hurt. Talk little bunny!” I start to laugh. Looks like I got a new nickname. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because that was so funny! I just fell on my ass because I was trying to be independent. And you’re calling me a bunny because of how I was trying to move. Just help me up kay?” He shakes his head but picks me up and brings me to the back room with the tv and everything. “I take it this is where you’ve been with us on the couch?”

“Yeah. Everyone else left to get drinks before the show tonight but I like to stay sober during shows.”

“Ah I gotcha. Nothing wrong with that. Why didn’t they wake Ben up?”

“Any other time they would’ve. But you were there and they didn’t want to wake you. Especially since everything that’s happened.”

“Just because my dad is an asshole dick doesn’t mean i have to be treated like a baby. I am a big girl. I didn’t need that nap anyway.” He doesn’t say anything. But he passes me my computer. I give him a questioning look.

“I don’t want you to get bored. I’m going to play video games.” he says as he points to a paused game.

“Oh okay. Thanks.” We sit for awhile before Ben finally wakes up and comes looking for me. When he finds us he has a weird look on his face but he obviously ignores what’s bothering him.

“Sam, where’s everyone?”

“Getting drinks at the place down the street.”

“Oh, I’m probably gonna go meet up with them.” He comes over and kisses me. “Love you baby. I’ll be back soon. Enjoy some quality time with Sam. Hope you slept good.” And he leaves. Oh well. I’ll talk to him later about that look since I can’t go running after him.