Status: New Story!

Unexpected Love

Directions

Zoey's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes flung open due to the annoying sound coming from my alarm clock. I sighed as I rolled over and looked at the clock. It read 10:25p.m and for some reason, I was dreading going to the corner tonight. I got up slowly has I remembered the shooting pain I had coming from my lower area before I passed out. Once I was up I looked over to Karen, my best friend, bed. Unsurprisingly it was empty. I got up and decided to get ready.

I threw on a tight blue skirt that would surely show off my ass, a white tang top with much cleavage showing and lastly, I threw on a blonde wig to cover up my long brown wavy hair. I walked over to the mirror and put on some read lipstick, dark blush and some black eyeliner to make by blue eyes pop. Once I was finished, I popped a mint in my mouth and threw on a long red jacket. I glanced over to the mirror by the door before leaving. I smiled, "You look hot sweetheart." I said to myself with a soft smile.

I opened the door to our apartment and stuck my head out and looked around. I walked out and suddenly I heard someone walking up the stairs. I ran back inside and shut the door quietly. I put my ear up to the door and listened.

The footsteps walked past my door to our neighbors. I heard knocks and a following creak signaling that the door was open. "YOU OWE ME 300 DOLLARS BY SUNDAY OR YOU'RE OUT!" I gulped as I finally realized it was Johnny, the manager of our apartments.

Karen and I have been living here for 4 months now and we are late on this months payment. We have been working extra shifts but, nowadays it seems like every man as a good women for himself and doesn't want a hooker like us. I snapped out of my daze after I heard the neighbors door slam.

I jumped up and ran towards the window. I climbed out of it which put my on the outside stairs that were connected to the building. I quietly climbed down the ladders until I was finally on the ground. I jumped to the bottom and brushed myself off. I went through the bushes and came out on the sidewalk where I acted like nothing was wrong.

I was walking to Skip's, the downtown bar, usually where Karen hangs out at. It was right down the street from out apartments so I didn't have to pay for a cab. I arrived there in about 3 minutes and walked up to the bartender. He smiled, "Hey Zoey, what can I get for ya baby?" I smiled, "Nothing tonight Mike, I'm lookin' for Karen. Has she been around here lately?" He laughed, "Sure has, she is upstairs with the crew." I nodded, "Thanks Mike!" He waved as I turned around and headed up the steps.

I started to see smoke filling the outer hallway from the upstairs room and I instantly got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I opened the door slowly and saw Karen sitting on some guys lap. She had a pipe in her right hand and a lighter in the other.

My jaw dropped, "Karen what are you doing here!" She chocked on the inhale she just took, "Zoey!" I walked over to here and took the pipe out of her hand and slammed it on the table. I looked at her, "You spent the rent money on drugs!" She sighed, "Zoe I needed to!" I looked at her with disgust, "And I need a place to fucking stay!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her out the room. I slammed the door and dragged her down the steps and out of the bar.

I took her by the light post so I could get a better look at her. Her eyes weren't bloodshot and she looked fine, "How many bowls did you smoke?" She shook her head, "That was my first hit, swear." I nodded and sighed, "Karen you can't keep doing this to yourself. We needed that money!" "I'll work late tonight." She murmured. I sighed and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and started to walk.

We walked to the dollar store and got something to drink. I got a iced tea and Karen just got a Coke. We walked out and took out positions at our spot. We got there and noticed someone standing there. Karen spoke up, "Brittany get your ass away from our post." 'Brittany' turned around, "Awe Karen, I was here first." She said calmly. "Well move your ass, we have a lot of work to do tonight." I said sternly. She looked at me and decided spit in front of me. "Fucking bitch!" I screamed at her. She smirked and walked away making sure to let everyone know she was a hooker.

Karen shook her head and leaned up against the light post. I cracked open my iced tea and waited. That is what we did sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for 50, we just had to wait until some pig of a man wanted one of us. I looked at Karen, "Look Kar, we need to start buckling down and stop spending our money for worthless shit. Johnny was knocking on peoples doors letting them know if they were late or not on the months rent."

Her eyes grew wide, "Did he knock on ours?" I shrugged, "I'm sure he did but, I got out the window before I had to put up with him... again." She sighed, "Well, maybe one of us will get luck-"

She was cut off my a loud engine roaring it's way towards us. Her mouth dropped, "What the hell is a red mustang doing over here!" I shook my head and followed it as it stopped approximately 30 feet away from us. Karen started shaking me, "You should go for him!" I nodded unsteadily and started struttin' towards his car.

I slowly took off my jacked as I approached the passenger side window. I bent down and he looked at me, he was wearing all black, had spikey black hair and eyes that could melt your soul in a heart beat. I smiled, "What can I do for ya baby?"

He looked at me seriously, "I need directions to Beverly Hills." I smirked, "That will be 5 bucks." He shook his head, "This is ridiculous." "Price just went up to ten." I replied to him quickly. He laughed, "No way!"

I turned around an propped my butt up on the window. I heard him sighed, "Fine." I got in the car and he looked at me and shook his head, "Got change for a 20?" I smirked, "Nope, but maybe i'll have some for ya later." He chuckled softly and started put the car in drive, "So, where to?" I looked around, "Uh, go to the light and make a right." He nodded and sped off.

"You might want to put on your lights." I suggested. He kept going and I leaned over and flicked on the lights, "Lights would be good!" I screamed. He chuckled, "Sorry, I was to busy looking at the street names." I shook my head, "I'm here to give you directions, not die at my young age."

He laughed, "Must not be that good of a time to be a hooker." I glared at him, "I use condoms all the time and I get checked once a month at a free clinic. Anytime is a good time." He chuckled, "Okay Okay, very good, that's good. So, what's your name?" I smirked, "What do you want it to be baby?" He turned to me and raised his eyebrows.

I sighed, "Zoey, Zoey's my name."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Tell me what you guys think!