Status: Enjoy! Comments/ advice appreciated

Repens

It Begins....

Stephanie Thomas' heart was pounding in her chest as each beat echoed deep in her ears. Her hands hadn't started to shake yet but her nerves were becoming raw with each breath. Her enemy was finally coming for her, probably in the next few hours. Her plan was becoming more of a reality each time she reviewed the process in her mind, detailed step by step. She had been in a posh sundress when his lips had last touched hers in a moment that had only become sacred after the received text message. Comfortable clothes were now needed since future events were so unclear.

There was no way she was going to be kidnapped in heels again, that was certain. Jeans, one of Sherlock's light sleep shirts, and the zippered cotton jacket she brought from home would suit the occasion. After all, you could only be so cozy while tied in a chair.

The nervous girl walked through her boyfriend's flat, moving things in hopes that he would notice her silent hints that something was wrong. She gave the place a very quick cleaning, making her hints all the more obvious- John could even pick up on a few of them. Everything she had thought to do in preparation had been completed, at least upstairs. Now came the difficult bit.

"Auntie," the girl called from the doorway.

"Bedroom," sang the sweet dear.

Keeping composure, Steph took her time in finding her aunt putting clean clothes in the closet. This had to be said exactly as she rehearsed or it would all fall apart. One deep breath and cold chill later, she walked into the room with a believable smile.

"Morning," greeted the seemingly happy niece.

"Almost afternoon," her aunt corrected.

"Yes," Steph softly replied with thoughts racing. "I need to talk to you about something. It's quite important and I need you to listen to every word and follow my instructions to the letter."

"What are you going on about, love?" She put the flowered dress down and walked towards the suddenly pale child. "What's wrong, Steph?"

"You have to stay here all day. Don't leave for anything! No reason at all, do you understand? Something is going to happen today and you need to keep all doors and windows closed and locked. Sherlock and John have their key. They should return in a few hours but you have to promise to stay here. Promise me, now." She pleadingly grabbed her aunt by the shoulders and gave a gentle shake for emphasis.

"But what are you going to do? You better not be out today yourself."

"I can't explain now but you have to trust me." Keeping her calm composure was becoming an unexpected challenge. "Promise."

"I most certainly will not. You are not to put yourself in danger, young lady. That is an order!"

"Promise!" Steph immediately felt horrible for shouting but was running out of time. "I'll be back in a few minutes and if I'm not--"

Her mobile buzzed in the jacket pocket. She didn't waste a single moment in checking the screen. It was the same sender as before- private.

YOUR PRESENCE IS DESIRED AT THE REQUEST OF DOCTOR WATSON. STRATFORD TUBE STATION. CAB WILL BE THERE. HE HAS ONE HOUR.

When she caught her breath she kissed her aunt on the cheek and gave her one last hopeful stare, silently promising to return.

"I have to go. Please, whatever you do, stay here and wait for the boys."

"Steph!" the worried old woman cried. But she was too late. The determined beauty was gone.

She tried calling the good doctor as soon as she left the flat. Nothing. That was the first thing that wasn't right. Then she called Sherlock. No answer again. But Sherlock always answered his phone. Her pulse raised and boiled in her veins as she began to run towards the nearest underground.
The ocean of blank faces made it almost impossible to concentrate. Was she already being followed? Were there lookouts monitoring her progress? And was her aunt capable of following orders when it mattered most? With the passing of each minute, she prayed that John wasn't too badly hurt or mentally damaged- he was a soldier but still. Steph was so nervous that her hands began to shake while picking up her oyster card. By the time she reached the platform, the train's doors had just opened.

It was the longest tube ride of her life. Her aunt continued to call but Steph eventually had to turn her mobile to the "do not disturb" setting- something she felt a bit uncomfortable doing. She couldn't help hoping that Sherlock would somehow turn up. He would be the only one clever enough to find her right now. All hopes were dashed at the Stratford stop. As the intercom announced the present station, she felt as if she were going to pass out. Everything turned bright and she thought she was going to throw up. People rapidly passed her after she began leaning against a wall. She was in no state to be picked up by the strange cab just yet.

Pulling herself together, she took a few deep breaths, reminded herself of what was to be lost, and knew that she couldn't play the damsel in distress- not yet. They would take her, beat her, interrogate her, and further torture her before the man she loved could find her. If they were ever going to be together, truly together without fear, this is what had to happen. They had to find the master of the annoying brute marionettes. Whoever was behind this, she knew only two things. One, he wanted Sherlock dead at any cost. And the second fact was more painful than the first- they knew that he would be willing to die for her. Sherlock Holmes having a serious love interest was all they had ever needed, what they had been waiting for. Even threatening John Watson wasn't enough to satisfy their lust for the great detective's life.

"Bloody hell, he needs you," she quietly screamed to herself, just soft enough to receive one glare from an old man. "Get to it," she nearly whimpered. "Twenty minutes to save John."

Every bit of courage inside of her flared into a hot temper. A sudden burst of self-confidence sent her up the stairs. Her faith in Sherlock Holmes was stronger than the fear of her own death. Saving John was priority one. Finding the criminal mastermind was second. And a peaceful future with her soulmate was the overall goal- well, as peaceful as living with the madman could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next few chapters may be slightly edited later. Depends how my Moffat-train of thought goes... Series three spoilers ahead!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!