Stuck

The One With Apologetic Dani.

“Uh, Rory?” Louis asked timidly. The two had been talking for about an hour, making sure to avoid sensitive topics, but they still weren’t one hundred percent comfortable with each other. For the past fifteen minutes Rory had been preoccupied, though. She had been attempting to get a hold of Danielle Jonas to see if she could talk some sense into Nick. Her texts were left unanswered and it hurt. Danielle was one of her best friends for the two years she and Nick had dated. They kept in touch after, Danielle being the only one to know the multiple reasons for the breakup. Reasons that Rory hadn’t even told her new husband.

“Hmm,” Rory hummed in reply, paying attention to her phone. She tried to act like the ‘Read at 3:26 PM’ stamp under her I really need to talk to you dani text didn’t faze her.

“The boys and I have a photo shoot in an hour, but we have to leave now,” Louis trailed off, as if he wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do. Rory caught on and nodded.

“Right. Do you think I should go? If not, I’ll stay here and get comfortable.”

Louis looked at the girl, she had the biggest brown eyes he’d ever seen and her faux red hair still hadn’t been tamed from this morning. Harry would kill to be in this position, was all he could think.

“Well, we’re supposed to be seen together, but this will be right boring. Maybe I’ll take you out for dinner later. Make it seem like we’re in love or something.”

After he said that, he left the room leaving Rory staring at the door. Her vibrating phone took her out of her trance.
from Dani JI’m not mad at you until I hear your whole story, but I can’t talk right now. Nick’s going crazy right now. He’s about to upload a youtube video. Keep an eye out. Love you & talk to you later girl .

shit. shit. shit. shit. ran through Rory’s head. Knowing Nick, he’d do something subtle yet obvious. Getting up, she ruffled through her things to pull out her laptop. Opening up Safari and finding Nick’s youtube account she viewed the page. Sure enough there was a new video posted ‘seconds ago’ with the title “Jude Law & The Semester Abroad Cover.” Rory clicked play and turned the volume up.

”Hey, I’m Nick Jonas and I just wanted to post a video of me covering a song for you guys. Look out for new music coming out sometime in the next month or so. Here’s Brand New’s ‘Jude Law and a Semester Abroad. This goes out to you, babe.”

Rory couldn’t believe her ears. She knew this song by heart. Brand New was one of her favorite bands. She had introduced Nick to their music and now he was using them against her. Rory tuned in just in time to hear the part she knew he was dedicating to her.

” And for every time you fed me the line, ‘you mean so much to me...’
I'm without you.
So tell all the English boys you meet, about the American boy back in the states.
The American boy you used to date.
Who would do anything you say.
And even if her plane crashes tonight she'll find some way to disappoint me,
by not burning in the wreckage, or drowning at the bottom of the sea.”
Rory couldn’t believe what she had just witnessed. Of course he would act like she was the only one at fault for their break up. Before she called him up and decided to give him a very strongly worded piece of her mind, she decided to do what she did best when she was stressed: clean.


---
Four hours later all of Louis’ clothes were washed, folded and put away, and the entire common area of the suite was spotless. How someone could ever live in such a mess was a wonder to her.

The girl was in the kitchen making herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and singing along to Prince songs when she heard the five boys walk in. She assumed with them being this loud was attributed to the fact that they were boys, but then again, the Jonases had never been that loud. Ignoring them she continued applying the jelly to the bread muttering along with Prince.

“The castle started spinning, or maybe it was my brain. I can't tell u what she did to me, but my body will never be th-”

“Hello, love. D’ya ever wear clothes?” Liam questioned as he saw the girl. “This is the second time we’ve seen you in nothing but your knickers in twelve hours.”

“Oh. I uh, wasn’t expecting you guys back. I was just cleaning and these are uh, my cleaning clothes. Plus, pants make me feel like I’m on a leash, so I try not to wear them as often as possible,’ Rory stumbled through her explanation.

Harry smiled the biggest smile she’d ever seen, one dimple more prominent than the other. “I have a feeling we’re going to be great mates,” he said, slinging an arm around the short girl.

“Yeah, Harry here doesn’t like to wear clothes either. We were wondering how to get you comfortable with that, since you’ll be around for a year. Looks like we won’t have to now, though,” Niall said trying to avoid looking at the less than fully clothed girl.

“I’m in a sports bra and spandex, Niall. You can make eye contact,” Rory was now grinning. She was glad she made these boys just as uncomfortable as she felt

“As much as this conversation is intriguing, we should go get ready for dinner. We have reservations,” Louis interrupted, not bothering to look back as he walked into his room. “What the bloody hell? Where are all of my clothes?”

“Oh. Well, Nick covered a song that was really mean and directed towards me, so I cleaned. Plus your room was a mess and I just can’t live like that.”

“We really are going to be good mates,” Harry said as he put his arm around her for the second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is ick. Sorry for the false update earlier. I thought I was content with what I posted, but I really wasn't.
outfit

follow me on twitter to know what's going on with my life. @BatmanMibba