Forever

Forever

Waiting and watching, had become a tedious task that had overtaken her life. For the young vampire hunter Elise this was her life. She had killed so many of them that it seemed normal. For three weeks she had been watching him.

He wasn’t like the others. He fed on the vagrants that preyed on others and had no regard for humanity. On many occasions he saved people from becoming victims. But he was still one of them, the same ones that had taken her sister. She knew that time had come and it was his turn to die.

He was standing in the shadows of the alley as she quietly approached him. She had her large hunting knife ready to strike. In the blink of an eye he grabbed her and she was against the wall with her arms pinned behind her back.

“Why are you following me Elise?” He said in his baritone voice.

She could feel his breath on her neck and it sent shivers down her spine.

“You’re a monster and deserve to die, but how did you know my name?” She hissed vehemently.

She tried to get away but he had a firm grasp on her. She was unsure and ill at ease on what he would to do her.

“I’ve been watching you too, and I have to say you’re much prettier than I imagined. I have some information on your sister. And my sources assure me that this is information you would want to know.”

“Well what do you propose we do?” Elise asked skeptically.

“If you come with me now and promise not to kill me at least for now, I’ll take you and we can get her back.” He said.

He let her go and she asked him one last question. “What’s your name anyways?”

“Jerry,” he answered.

Elise followed Jerry to an abandoned warehouse. On the way there she couldn’t get him off her mind. I mean he was a monster but he was very handsome. He had jet black hair, chiseled features, and was very muscular. He could’ve been a football player in high school. He looked fairly young, not much older than her at 25 years old. If he led her to her sister she might just spare his life.

When they made it inside she saw her sister chained to the wall. She was thin and frail looking, her strawberry blonde hair hung limply to her shoulders, and her eyes were blood red and lifeless. It had only been a year but her sister was unrecognizable.

“What happened to her?” Elise asked sadly.

“A few months after she was turned and you became a vampire hunter they’ve had it out for you. They’ve been watching you and can hear you talking in your sleep. They know you’ve been looking for her. I know this because I’ve been watching them and hearing their thoughts. I’ve wanted to find you and tell you so you could get her back.”

She was a little taken aback as to why he didn’t find her sooner but she didn’t feel like starting something.

“So what do we do now, can’t we just grab her.”

“No we have to wait until they come to check on her. Once we take them out there will be no one else to watch her and we can save her.”

~2 Hours Later~

“Come out, come out wherever you are, we know you’re here.” The blonde one said.

Elise and Jerry jumped from their hiding spot and ran straight for the captors. Elise launched herself at the first vampire. She landed on his shoulders and grabbed at his neck. He flipped her over on her back and jumped at her. She vaulted to her feet, jumped on his back with her legs wrapped around his neck. She used her leg strength to break his neck. She then stabbed him in the heart.

Jerry had already killed the second vampire and had the last one pinned to the ground. He grabbed the neck of the one on the floor and snapped it with ease. He set a fire and threw all three vampires into it.

“Jerry why were there only three? I mean shouldn’t there have been more of them.” Elise asked skeptical.

“They’re part of a small group that hates humans and vampire hunters. We’re not all bad Elise; some of us are just bound by circumstance.”

Elise remembered why they were there ran for her sister. Jerry broke her shackles and helped her to her feet.

Her sister looked up at her and her face softened. “Elise you came for me,” she rasped.

Elise hugged her sister tightly glad to have her back.

“Oh Jerry you promised you’d bring her back.” She said to him.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well I ran into her when she had first been turned. I told her she had a choice and she chose animal blood. I showed her to use her strength to hunt for food.
Those three came in the middle of the night but I couldn’t stop them. I swore that I would bring you to her and save her life.” He explained.

“I’m sorry Jerry for trying to kill you,” Elise said coming towards him. “You showed me that all vampires aren’t evil.”

She gave him a small kiss on the lips and said, “Come on let’s go back to my house so we can catch up.”

They all walked out into the night to finally go home.

“Elise I was wondering if you like to go out on a date sometime?” Jerry asked a week later.

“I would really love that.” She said.

She had been attracted to him since she met him. He had saved her from a lonely life and saved her sisters life. She was falling for him now and was glad for the chance to show him.

~! Year Later~

“Jerry I’ve been thinking about something. I love you more than anything and can always count on you. I was wondering if you would change me.” She asked.

“Now that’s a big step are you sure you want this.” Jerry asked concerned.

“Yes a lot has changed in my life including my attitude towards vampires. I love you more than anything else in my life. I want the chance to be with you forever.” She said.

“Alright, if that’s what you want.” He said leading her to their bedroom.

He laid her down and said, “This is gonna hurt sorry.”

He sunk his teeth into her neck. She grabbed on to him fiercely hoping the pain would soon stop. She soon blacked out.

She was in and out for a couple of hours. When she finally opened her eyes she was a vampire.

Jerry was sitting at her bedside and gasped when she woke up.

“I’m so glad you’re awake.” He exclaimed.

“We can be together forever now.” She asked a little dazed.

“Yes, forever.” He confirmed hugging her tightly.

Forever Bound