Status: Alive and writing.

Long Live Us

Stay Awake.

The next day, my alarm clock woke me, insinuating I needed to get up for college. I peeled myself away from the covers and walked over to my closet to pick out some clothes. Once I’d gathered everything together I walked into the bathroom and placed on all the items of clothing before running a brush through my long chocolate coloured hair. I left it in it’s natural curls and did my make up next leaving it simple and only applying a little eyeliner and mascara. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and decided it was going to be as good as I could get today and ran out and grabbed my vans, quickly placing them on. I walked out of my bedroom door and through to the kitchen, quickly preparing a bowl of cereal and placing myself on the counter to eat them in silence since Aimee wasn’t awake just yet. Once I was done I grabbed my car keys before making my way out of the door and locking it behind me. I climbed inside my car and quickly started the journey. Once I was inside I walked straight up my first class and sat down in my assigned seat. I’d luckily made it here with two minutes to spare. My good friend Jacob sat down next to me a moment later and I smiled at him.

“Hey darling.” He said as he sat down and I smiled at him softly. Jacob was your average pretty boy, bright blue eyes, his hair perfectly spiked in places and he had on his usual beat up jacket that was a tad too big.

“Morning.” I said with a sigh as the class started.

Once I had finished with all the lessons and my college day had ended, I ran straight to my car and started it up, praying that I wasn’t late for work. I pulled up on the side of the road next to the shop and sighed with relief when I realised I was ten minutes early. I climbed out of the hunk of junk I was forced to drive and made my way up to the door. As soon as I walked in I received a hug from Simone and I smiled widely at her.

“Good afternoon honey, did you have a nice day at college?” Simone asked and I shrugged softly as I placed on my apron and walked behind the counter, Simone following not far behind.

“Same old, we had art history today, so it wasn’t that fun. I just love getting down and doing drawings, not the history. It’s boring!” I exclaimed sadly and she simply chuckled.

“You have to do it though honey to get the grade.” She said and I sighed. I knew she was right. I started to serve people and around an hour later I saw the boy from yesterday come back in. He still had the dark circles under his eyes but he didn’t look as tired as before.

“What can I help you with today?” I asked and he gave me a soft smile before looking at me sadly.

“Coffee, black, two sugars please.” He said. I rang up the price before telling him and he handed me the money. “I’m sorry about yesterday.. I was very tired and cranky and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.” He said as I moved about to get his order ready.

“It’s okay, service with a smile as always.” I said as I gave him his coffee and he stared at me for a long moment.

“Come sit down with me, have a coffee?” He asked and I sighed softly. Just as I was going to reject his offer Simone came over to the till.

“Sure she can, honey. It’s about time for your break anyway, Bella. Take as long as you want.” She said, smiling sweetly at the two of us and I smiled softly back, instantly inwardly groaning. I made myself a caramel frappuccino before placing my apron behind the counter and joining the mysterious man in the booth he had been in only yesterday.

“I’m really sorry about yesterday.. I really shouldn’t have said what I did.. Just.. When I’m in that state of mind I don’t know how to socialise with people. I’ve had a lot of things on my plate and, as I said, I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.” He explained and I shrugged as I took a sip of the drink I had in hand.

“It’s okay, I was probably asking for it. I should have tried weaselling my way into your business. I just like helping too much.” I stated with a soft sigh as I looked at the plastic cup in my hands.

“But that’s it, there’s nothing wrong with being caring, I’m just an asshole.” He said in a hushed tone and I smiled softly at him, he looked up from his coffee cup, his chocolate eyes piercing into my crystal grey ones.

“Everyone has off days, don’t put yourself down because of it, I understand.” I explained and he smiled back softly as he took a sip of the coffee in his hands.

“It was bugging me all night.. I’m not the douche bag I make out to be.. But on my down days it seems to come out of me more than usual. I luckily had a little more sleep last night so I’ve been rather nice today.” He chuckled and I laughed along, bringing the cup to my lips before replying.

“Could have fooled me.” I said and he gave me a puzzling look so I decided to elaborate. “The bags under your eyes seem to tell a different story.” I said with a soft laugh and he simply smiled as he touched them.

“Yeah, their starting to become a permanent addition to my face.” He chuckled and I shrugged.

“They make you who you are. And honestly, their not even that bad. I’d tell you if they were, I’m an honest person.” I said and he shot a cheeky smile my way.

“I like honest people, you don’t meet many of them in this day and age.” He said with a sigh and I nodded in agreement. We stayed talking like that for around an hour, just laughing at each other and talking about anything that didn’t matter. Whatever he was going through, I was hoping it was taking his mind off it slightly.

“What time is it?” He asked and I took out my cell phone.

“3:15 why?” I asked and his eyes widened as he grabbed his things.

“I have to go, it was nice talking to you Bella!” He exclaimed as he ran out of the door and I ran after him.

“Wait! You didn’t tell me your name!” I shouted with a giggle and he turned around, smiling softly.

“Alex, see you around!” He exclaimed back. He climbed into his car and with that, he drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought the title of this chapter was very ironic after the last one so I thought I'd use it. Aren't I clever? So yes, chapter two. Please tell me what you think. :)