Status: Active.

Dear Alex, Forever Yours, Alexis.

The Assignment

I shoved on my long sleeved shirt and then put on my grey peacoat on top. I looked over at the clock that read 8:20. I had 10 minutes to get to my first class of the day. I put on my leggings and tugged on my boots until they were fully on. I grabbed a hair tie and put my hair in a high messy ponytail. I had already had my makeup done so I grabbed my keys and ran out my front door. Not bothering to lock it. I jumped inside my car and sped to the college. Well, trying, the snow didn't help much.

"Ah, late again Ms. Reeves?" My English professor asked. I sighed.

"Sorry, I took Amore out this morning and she ended up running down the street." I said telling her why I had been late, referring to my dog.

"Don't let it happen again." She warned. I gave her a small smile and turned towards a staring class at me. I shook off their stares and walked to my seat.

"Since you missed the first ten minutes of class, I will go over once again the project." She said directly to me. I wasn't bothered by it though. "We will be picking out of a hat a name. The name will have an address. This will be your penpal for the year. You guys must change at least 20 letters by the end of the year. The people you will be picking from has signed up and volunteered to do this. These are kids your age who have followed their dreams. Something all you guys wish to do at one point in your lives." She talked as she walked around with a black hat. I reached inside of it when she got to me. I pulled out a small piece of paper with the name 'Alexander' written on it.

"So do we not know what they do for a living? Or what 'dreams' they followed?" I asked, using air quotes on the word dreams.

"If you want to know, ask them." She said simply. I was actually excited for this project. I always loved the thought of getting to know someone you know nothing about, through letters.

"You guys may have this hour to work on the project. You're letters will be sent out after this period and you will receive a new letter every morning."

I grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper from my binder. I began to write to the person I was assigned.

Dear Alexander,

Hi, my name is Alexis. This first letter is going to be extremely awkward but who cares. I'm 21 and I go to CSU, Colorado State University. I love the snow, and the winter. It's my favorite. I have a dog named Amore, she's 5 months old and she is a Husky. I live by myself. I just moved to Colorado 5 months ago, to go to college. I'm not even sure what I want to do yet. For now I just am taking pointless classes. Anyway, It's nice to meet you.

Forever yours, Alexis Reeves.

I signed my name at the bottom and put it inside an envelope. I turned it in and walked out of class, after being excused.

I hung up my peacoat on the coat rack and plopped on the couch, Amore jumping up and laying her head in my lap.

"I miss you too." I said to her, scratching behind her ears. I turned on a random movie and fell asleep on the couch.

I snapped up from my sleep from a loud knocking on my door. Amore started barking at the door.

"Amore go lay down!" I yelled. She did as she was told and went and laid back down on the couch. I opened the door to reveal my friend, Daisy.

"Bitch you woke me up." I groaned. She shook her head, letting the snow that had fallen on her, fly off.

"You're lazy." She replied, shutting the door behind her.

"How was class?" She asked, sitting by the fire I had lit before falling asleep.

"Good. I'm actually excited for tomorrow." I said grinning. She cocked her eyebrow up at me.

"Who are you? You hate that class." She asked confused.

"I know but were actually doing this cool project." I said. "We have to write a person assigned to us. Just like pen pals. We can talk to them about anything." She laughed at me.

"That's not like you to like something like that." She admitted. I shrugged.

"I'm excited though." I replied.

I really was. I loved the thought of writing someone miles and miles away. Someone you'd never meet.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. Tell me if it's a good idea. Last thing I want to do is write something no one will read. <3