Status: a plot i've thought about for a while, a distraction from the bullshit

Picture Perfect

hold me, feel my heartbeat

Allison sat in Vic's arms for what seemed like hours, calming her breathing. So many emotions swirled throughout her chest, making it feel swollen and raw. She never knew it was possible to feel this way. When she was alone and felt like this, it was usually due to fear of something. But Vic had always promised to protect her from anything and everything, ever since they were young. She felt reassured within Vic's arms. She began to breathe slowly and steadily, but her pulse only heightened. She tried to remember what this sensation forming in the pit of her stomach was called. Oh yeah, butterflies.
Meanwhile, Vic, who couldn't feel her heartbeat in his position, assumed her steady breathing meant she was asleep. He sighed once, before softly kissing her hair.
"Sleeping Beautyyy," he whispered, rocking her slightly.
Allison laughed. "I'm awake, Victor," she murmured, lifting her head to look at his face. Vic remained silent as he looked into her eyes. Allison suddenly felt uncomfortable under his gaze, and raised an eyebrow. "Vic?"
The words popped out before Vic knew what he was saying. "I've always thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."
Allison's eyes widened slightly as she looked at him, and a small smile grew on her lips. Exactly like the first time they'd met. Her cheeks started to redden, so she turned away and gently grabbed one of Vic's hands from her waist.
Vic watched her as she held his large hand in both of her small ones, tilting and turning it as she looked at it. She brought his hand to her lips and kissed each of his fingertips, before interlacing her fingers with his.
"I like holding your hand, Victor," Allison whispered. Vic looked from their clasped hands to Allison's face. Upon it was an expression Vic loved to see: peace. Things had always been hard for Allison. Regrettably, he knew he'd caused some of that this summer. The fact that she could finally get to be content, with him, was the greatest gift.
"I like holding your hand too, Allie," he responded quietly. Her gaze remained on their hands. She smiled a little wider. The confession that they like holding each other's hand was simple; preschoolers tell each other the same thing. The simplicity of it, though, was what made Allison happy. She had no idea where their relationship was going, but she could constantly be assured that Vic wanted to hold her hand.
Allison looked up at Vic, and found he was looking at her. She smiled, showing her teeth this time. Vic returned the grin, and he leaned his forehead against hers. Allison closed her eyes to take in the moment. Vic was here, he was home, he wanted to be hers. He wanted to hold her hand.
"I missed you," she murmured.
"I missed you too, sweetheart," Vic responded, emotion raising the pitch of his voice a bit. "But I'm here now. I'm yours."
Allison opened her eyes again. "You-you're mine?" she asked, elation threatening to burst through the whisper.
Vic let out a breathy laugh, "I don't think I ever was anyone else's."
Allison grinned hugely. She took her other hand and placed it on the side of Vic's face to bring him closer, so she could kiss his nose. "I promise I'm yours," she said back.
Vic felt his heart burst inside his chest. He smiled, and his eyes flickered down to Allison's lips. He took his free hand, and placed it over the hand Allison had on his jaw. Dipping his head down, Vic moved his hand to her hip, and he cautiously put his lips on hers.
There are moments in life where you make decisions. Big ones. At first, you are absolutely terrified of the decision you're making. You'll do anything you can to avoid it. Avoidance comes with consequences. And this decision, it can't be postponed forever. Eventually you have to choose to start living a certain way. At first it's weird, but after a bit, you wonder 'God, why did I put this off for so long?'
This is what Vic and Allison felt as they kissed.
For the both of them, who expected it to be awkward really kissing their best friend of a decade and a half, it was so natural. The happiness, the tenderness, the respect, and the love they poured into the kiss washed over them. Vic and Allison were the only two people on earth as far as they were concerned. The only thing either of them could think of was each other.
When they pulled apart from each other to breathe, Allison grinned at Vic. The teenage girl in her couldn't resist saying, "Damn, Vic, you are a fantastic kisser."
Vic pecked her forehead, replying, "Ah, but you're better. Why the hell did we put this off for so long?"
Neither knew the answer, but they both smiled as Vic quickly attached their lips for another sweet kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is maybe the cheesiest thing i've ever typed.
but yeah basically they're together now all is well!
title credit - kiss me again by WATIC