Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 18th, 2012

"She's been showing progress though, we've seen her fingers and toes moving. She'll wake up in no time," the husky voice said once again.

I don't remember anything that happened three days ago. Well, just not the accident part. All I remember in waking up on a very uncomfortable bed and a weird smell. Well, actually I didn't really wake up. I guess because of the head injury, I slipped into a coma and this was just minor. The doctor said everyday that I would wake up in no time.

John sighed against me and squeezed my unmoving hand on the bed. He's been here ever since the day of the accident.

I heard footsteps come into the room after the door opened and they grabbed my hand. They sniffed and hovered over me, pushing my hair back from my forehead.

"Markie? Markie!" He shook my body slightly, but unfortunately I didn't move an inch. I heard him sniff again and he let out a slight whimper. My heart dropped and the door opened again.

"You are?" The husky voice said.

"I'm her boyfriend," John's voice was quiet and I smiled at the word he chose to use. "Is she gonna be okay?"

"She just has a minor head injury, son. She should wake up at any moment. She slipped into a coma, but you can talk to her, she'll hear you."

John didn't answer him back and strangely, even in the state that I was in, I could feel his eyes on me. He kept his hand on my hair and I heard the doctor step out.


John stayed here all night and day. He never left, only to get coffee. He always told me that he would be right back then he would kiss my forehead. The boys stopped by as well, each of them giving me a kiss on the cheek or forehead. The only voice that I didn't hear was Kennedy's and I was disappointed. I never thought that he would be this mad at me. I thought that he was supposed to stick by my side through anything. Kennedy would just have to get over it sooner or later or he would lose me forever.

Every night before John fell asleep, he would kiss my cheek or my wrist. My heart always swelled when he did that. It just showed that he actually changed for me and that he supported me unlike someone else. No, I shouldn't be wasting my time on thinking about someone who doesn't give a shit about our friendship. He didn't deserve it anymore.

"I know you can hear me and all, but all I wanted to say was that you really need to wake up soon. I miss you." John squeezed my hand again. "I miss kissing you and feeling that shock that we always feel," he played with my fingers, "I don't want to lose you, Markie. You're my best friend. More than my best friend." He moved my dead hand up to kiss it, "And I know it's a little early but, I love you," he breathed against my hand. My heart swelled for the thousandth time and I tried hard to move my fingers. I pulled and felt them twitch. I felt him smile against my hand and squeezed back.

All I wanted to do right now was wake up and kiss him.

::

My toes wiggled an inch and I felt it moving up my legs. My fingers were moving slightly and I tried to move my arms.

I'm pretty sure John was sitting in the chair next to me, sleeping.

I tried to pull my eyelids open, getting sick of the dark. I just wanted it to be light again. They open a little, showing a slit of light. I pulled harder and I blinked twice to adjust to the light. I looked around the room and smiled at a sleeping John. I moved my fingers and toes then my legs. I felt tears coming because I was actually awake after three dark days. I could finally see and actually talk to people. I pushed myself to sit up more and I adjusted the bed, then I looked down at my arms and saw bruises and small cuts. I looked over at John again, to see he was moving a little. I laid my head back and waited for him to open his eyes.

He rubbed them and opened them, looking around the room and his eyes landed on me. I was already smiling at him and my smile widened when he jumped out of his chair and hugged me tight.

"Ow," I breathed against him. He pulled away but kept his arms on mine. He smashed his face into mine and kissed me slowly.

"Don't ever do that to me again," he said against my mouth. I smiled and nodded, my hands on his biceps. "God, I missed this," he whispered.

"Me too," my hands were on his cheeks and he kissed me again then pulled away.

"I'll go get the nurse and some food for you," he kissed my forehead before he left the room, looking back at me before he closed the door.

::

I finished my meal, pushing the tray away and making a face. "That was disgusting."

John smiled beside me on the bed and took my hand. I looked over at him and kissed his cheek.

"I love you too," I whispered by his ear as my chin rested on his shoulder. He turned his face and put his other hand on my cheek, caressing it. His soft lips connected with mine, sending a shock through my body and he kissed me slowly. I smiled at him when he pulled away and opened my mouth again, "Did Kenny come?"

John shook his head, squeezing my hand. "What happened before the accident?"

I bit my lip, looking down at my lap. "I showed him my scars and he got mad. He didn't say anything to me, just got out of the car and walked away. I had an anxiety attack in front of the cafeteria and Kenny took my to my car. He calmed me down and I decided that I would tell him."

He lifted my hand up to his mouth and pressed his lips to it. "I'm sorry."

I shrugged, looking back over to him, "It's okay, you didn't do anything. You stuck by me like a real best friend and boyfriend and I couldn't thank you enough. And you waited three days for me to wake up, that's more than I could ask for, John."

He nodded, smiling small. "Do you remember anything about the accident?"

I shook my head, "I was switching lanes, then everything went black. I think I woke up when I was on the stretcher but I don't remember. Did the doctor tell you anything?"

"All he said was that you ran into a guardrail. Totalled your car." He looked at me, "It was the scariest thing ever. I get a call from my mom and she's hysterical. I couldn't understand what she was saying so I run out of school and go home. She's still hysterical and she tells me that you got in an accident. I freak out then get in my car and drive here." He sighed. "You scared me shitless, Markie. Even when you left school."

I detach our hands and wrap mine around his back, hugging him against my side. "I'm sorry," I mumble against him.

He smoothed my hair back, "It's alright, you're gonna be okay now."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll give you guys a few chapters today(:

RIP Mitch Luckerā¤