Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 18th, 2012

I lifted my heavy and puffy eyelids open and they focused on another pair of hazel ones. I sighed and John brushed hair away from my face.

He leaned forward and kissed my nose lightly. We made eye contact again and he rubbed my cheek while he spoke. "You're not a fuck up, Markie. You're not the reason your dad left."

I bit the side of my cheek and looked down at his bare chest.

"People fall out of love. That's what happened to your parents. Your mom was just fucked up from it," he continued. He moved my head up a little and I looked at his eyes again. "Please don't blame yourself."

I swallowed and closed my eyes, moving forward to put my head in his chest. His arms went around me and he rubbed my back.

Once I was done being all mopey, I went into the shower and got ready to go shopping for my dress. I hadn't said a word to John but he didn't press me about it. When I had everything I needed, I went out to my car and drove to the dress shop.

As I looked through the racks, I couldn't really find anything besides really ugly designs and colours. But when I saw a different colour of blue, I instantly grabbed the hanger and went to a dressing room.

The dress was strapless and perfect. It was long and it flowed, with a little thin band of jewels at the very top of the dress. I absolutely loved it and I took my phone out to take a few pictures in the mirror. I changed back into my regular clothes and brought the dress up to the register.

I put the bag into the back of my car and got in the driver's seat. I drove to a nearby coffee shop and bought two coffees for John and I.

I pulled into the driveway and got the bag and coffees. Once I got inside, I set the bag down by the stairs and walked into the kitchen where John was. I set the coffee down on the island in front of him on the computer.

"Thanks," he said. He closed his computer and took a sip of his coffee. "How was dress shopping?"

I shrugged and didn't say anything else. He sighed and got up from his seat, standing by my side and I looked up at him. "Are you going to talk to me at all today?" He placed his hand on my back and I looked back down to the counter.

"Come on, Markie. You can't be silent forever." He poked my side and made me turn toward him. He pouted his lip out and I bit my lip to stop from smiling. Bastard. He leaned down quick and placed his lips on mine in a sweet kiss.

I laughed when he pulled me closer to him and he pulled away. "Good, at least I got something out of you."

I shook my head, "Yeah."

"You talked!" He threw his arms into the air.

"Sorry," I put my arms around his waist.

"It's okay," he squeezed me. I pulled away from him when the doorbell rang and I walked into the foyer with him.

"Bought the booze," Kennedy smiled when I opened the door.

I rolled my eyes and let him in. "Wait, the party's here?" I asked John, catching his arm.

He turned toward me and pouted his lip out, "Please?"

"Fine, but you guys have to stay after to help clean up."

He kissed me, "Deal."

::

The house bumped with music and the back door was open in the kitchen with sex crazed teens surrounding the island full of booze. I hadn't drank anything yet but I was planning on it. I needed something to get me out of reality.

I stood in the corner, watching everyone move around, trying to get something out of the bucket on the island. I think mostly every senior was in my house and a couple of juniors too. But John invited everyone so, I wouldn't know exactly who was here. I made sure that the music wasn't too loud because I really didn't want the police to come here.

I had no idea where all of the guys were, I only saw Pat in the kitchen, looking for something to eat. The rest of them were probably outside talking to people or in the living room. I also made sure that no one would go in my room or my mom's, I really didn't want to wake up tomorrow and change the sheets because of special reasons.

I walked over to Pat by the fridge and put a hand on his shoulder. "What are you looking for?" I said by his ear.

"Do you have chips or something?"

I smiled, "I put them outside on the table."

He laughed and walked out the back door. I shook my head and went to the bucket, pulling out a bottle of vodka. I untwisted the cap and took a sip, feeling the liquid go down my throat. I was planning on drinking but not a lot where I would be drunk. I remembered I had to take care of John tonight.

I walked into the living room of drunk dancing seniors and waved at a few of them. I kept the bottle close to my chest and took another drink, making a face at the burning liquid. I looked around for a tall boy with long hair but didn't see him. I turned back toward the kitchen and went outside. There were a few people in the hot tub and I spotted John talking to one of his friends with Jared. I waved back to Jared when he spotted me and walked over to the railing of the deck. I took another swig and set the bottle down, pushing it away from me. I stared at the people talking on the grass and dancing before I felt someone next to me. I looked over to my left and moved away from them.

"Hey," Cade said.

"What do you want Cade?" I rolled my eyes, looking back at the people.

"Nothing, just wanted to talk." He shrugged beside me.

"About what?"

"Just a normal conversation."

"Well, how about you go have a normal conversation with Caddie," I snapped, looking back at him. "Just leave Cade. I don't even want you in my house."

"Alright, alright. I'm going." He held his hands up and stepped backward to the sliding door. I sighed when I turned back to the yard and rested my elbows on the railing.

I jumped when someone touched my lower back and I looked at John.

"Markie, I'm tired," he slurred. I laughed and he smiled. "I always loved your laugh."

"Thanks, John" I patted his cheek.

"Markie, when is everyone leaving?" He asked, dangling his head a little.

"They'll be leaving soon, okay?" I lifted his head up.

He nodded, "Markie, can—can you take me upstairs?"

I nodded, taking his hand and wrapping one around his back. He stumbled a little to the stairs and almost tripped when I got him upstairs.

"Bathroom, Markie." He pointed to the dark room and I switched the light on when we got in. I sat down with him by the toilet and pushed his messy hair out of his eyes. He moved quick to hover over the bowl and I winced when I heard him throwing up. I rubbed his back and got a cup of water for him from the sink. I wiped his mouth for him with a hand towel and he took a quick sip of the water before he hovered over the bowl again.

I got him some mouth wash and held the little cup to his mouth. "Wash your mouth out then spit it into the toilet." He did as I said and gurgled the liquid before spitting it in the bowl and I flushed the contents down.

"You're the best, Markie." He mumbled.

I nodded and pushed his hair back again. "Tired?"

He nodded and I helped him stand up and took him to my bedroom. He laid on his stomach and reached out for me. I crawled on next to him and he turned on his side to nuzzle his face into my neck.

We stayed like that, me rubbing his back, until there was a small knock on the door. I turned a little to see who it was, careful not the disturb John.

"Everyone left," Kennedy said quietly. "The guys and I are cleaning up downstairs."

"Thank you," I whispered. Kennedy closed the door and I turned back to my original position. After a few minutes I moved away from John, only to have him tighten his arm around me.

"No," he said quietly.

"It's alright, I'm just going to clean up downstairs. I'll be back, try to go to sleep." I got up from bed and he moved around to get comfortable again. I closed the door quietly behind me and went downstairs.

"You guys didn't have to fully clean up," I smiled when I walked into the spotless living room. They looked up and gave me smiles.

"We don't mind," Kennedy shrugged, picking up cups and throwing them in the garbage bag.

They finished soon enough and brought the bags outside.

"You guys can stay over if you want," I shrugged when they came back in.

"Nah, I need to get home and so does Pat," Garrett pointed to Pat beside him.

"Well, it looks like Jared wants to stay over." Kennedy said and we all turned to Jared who was passed out on the couch. I laughed and hugged Garrett and Pat when they left. I closed and locked the door, turning back to Kennedy.

"You staying over too?" I asked.

He nodded and took his shoes off, "Haven't slept over in awhile."

I smiled, "You can sleep upstairs in my mom's room if you want."

He shook his head before I got the word mom out of my mouth. "I'll sleep on the floor down here."

"Kenny, it's okay. I'll be fine with it."

"No, really Markie. I couldn't do that." He shook his head again.

I sighed, "Okay. Let me go get blankets." I turned toward the stairs and went up to the hallway closet. I got out two blankets and two pillows then closed the door. I stopped and went back and got another blanket out then went downstairs into the living room.

Kenny helped me make his bed and I put the extra blanket on Jared's sleeping body.

I kissed Kennedy's cheek, "Night Kenny."

"Good night Markie." I switched off the living room light and got a glass of water then went back upstairs.

I closed the door quietly behind me and walked over to John's side of the bed and set down the glass. I changed in the bathroom into shorts and one of John's shirts. I walked carefully to the bed in the dark and crawled under the covers.

I giggled when John put his arm over my waist and put his face under my chin. I brought my leg up over him and fell asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
meep

RIP Mitch Lucker❤