Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 6th, 2012

I woke up alone in his bed but I was under the covers. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and I moved the covers off me and stood to my feet. I yawned, stretching my arms over my head so my shoulder cracked like it always did. I tore off John's sweatshirt and set it down on my bag. I brushed through my hair and put it up in a ponytail then opened his door, and walked down the stairs. I found John sitting on the counter in the kitchen and he turned to me, flashing a bright smile.

"Sleep good?" He asked.

"Mhm," I nodded. I walked over to the cabinet and got out a bowl, searching the next cabinet for cereal. I poured it in then sat at the counter, beside John. He smiled down at me, ruffling my hair before he got off the counter and got himself cereal too.

I turned toward the door when I heard it open and an outburst of laughter and voices erupted. I turned back to my cereal when the noise came closer and closer. I smiled when I felt arms around my shoulders and I laid my head on Kennedy's chest.

"Hi Kenny."

"Hey." He kissed my head then moved the other chair out and sat down. I looked over at him and he smiled at me. I giggled, ruffling his hair then got up to put the bowl into the sink. I leaned against the counter and watched the boys have their conversation. John came over to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"You're so short," he laughed.

"I am not! You're just too tall." I poked his waist. He laughed again, leaning down to kiss my cheek. I smiled up at him and he stared into my eyes for awhile. I would normally feel uncomfortable, but right now I didn't. Weird.

Someone in the room cleared their throat and we both faced Pat. "What?" John asked.

"Come on! We're going to the mall."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because it's Sunday."

I rolled my eyes at him and John and I headed upstairs to change. Every Sunday, we always went to the mall to buy things and see a movie. Basically we just acted like kids and stayed there all day 'til they kicked us out.

I got dressed in the bathroom and put on a plain light purple t-shirt and some skinny jeans. I brushed my teeth and let my hair down, brushing through it again. I walked back into John's room again and he was shirtless.

"How long does it take you to get ready? Jeez." I laughed.

"Well, I gotta make all this," he motioned to his body, "Look good."

I laughed again, shaking my head at him. I put my dirty clothes in my bag and got my phone, shoving it into my pocket.

"Has your mom texted you?"

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

He nodded, putting his shirt over his head then fixed his hair and grabbed his phone. I walked downstairs and waited at the end of them for John.

"See you later mom!" He yelled back up when he came down.

"Don't stay out too late; it's a school night." John closed the door behind him after we got outside and we got into his truck, following Jared's car.

"Can I ask why Cade broke up with you?" He broke the silence after a few minutes.

I sighed slightly, and faced him, putting my back against the door. "He said we should take a break."

"Are you fucking serious?" He scoffed.

I nodded, "I told him that he was stupid for doing it over the phone."

I barely got the last word out before John exploded. "What?! He did it over the phone? Are you kidding me? I'm beating the shit out of that kid tomorrow."

"John, don't. I don't even want to see him tomorrow or ever. And I don't want anything to do with him."

"Fine, but he deserves it Markie. He deserves it after what he did to you. He did it over the phone! He could've at least had the balls to do it face to face. He's a prick."

I sighed again but didn't answer him. I took my phone out after it vibrated and looked at the text.

where the fuck r u?

I rolled my eyes and texted my mom back.

out.

I sent the text then put my phone back in my pocket. I brought my eyes to John when I felt his hand on my knee. He rubbed it a little and I knew he was trying to comfort me from talking about Cade. He would always touch me when he wanted to comfort me if I wasn't feeling good. I smiled small at him and turned back to the windshield. He pulled into the mall parking lot by Best Buy and he found a parking spot across from Jared. He squeezed my knee before we got out and I fixed my shirt when I shut the door behind me. We joined as a group again and walked into the big mall. I kinda walked behind the guys by myself but that was only because I got another text.

why didn't u come home last night

i did, to get a bag of clothes

why

because

I put my phone back in my pocket when we walked to the cd section of the store. I searched through my favorite bands and lifted my head when Garrett called all of us over.

"Our cd's here." He held up the white case and I looked at it when we gathered around him. There was a girl's head on the front but she didn't have a face, only a mouth.

"Should we buy it?" Pat asked.

Garrett shrugged, "Do you want it?" He turned toward me and all the guys' eyes were on me too.

"Uh, sure." I had all of there cds, including their Stay Up, Get Down EP, even though two of them weren't actually sold in stores, but I took it anyways when John gave it to me. I loved their Christmas album, even Mr. Winter. That one was about Cade and I from awhile ago. I still couldn't believe that John wrote that about me, but I guess he was just really pissed off about it.

We walked up to the checkout and Garrett handed me the bag when we left the store. Kennedy stopped walking to wait for me while we walked in the direction of the coffee shop and he walked in unison with me.

"You alright; you've been kinda quiet since we got here."

I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm alright, just thinking about things."

"Cade?" He cocked an eyebrow down at me.

I shrugged, "I can't help it Kenny. I gave him everything." I whispered the last part.

"Not your virginity; I hope."

I laughed, hitting his arm.

"Well, I hope you didn't!" He laughed at me.

"No, I didn't but still."

"Be happy Markie, forget about him. He's an asshole and he doesn't deserve your tears or frowns."

I smiled at him then wrapped my arm around his waist, side-hugging him.

"I love you, Kenny."

He put his arm around my shoulder, squeezing me against him. "Love you too, Markie."

We arrived at the coffee shop and we all ordered our favorites. I took my iced coffee from the girl behind the counter and thanked her. I put the sugar and cream in then waited outside the shop for the guys. I sat at one of the small tables by the stairs and watched John take his coffee then walk out to me. He sat across from me and opened his mouth.

"I'm sorry I brought it up." He sighed.

"It's fine John. I'm okay, I'm not mad at you." I touched his hand on the table, giving it a little squeeze.

He smiled softly, then nodded his head. The rest of the guys came out and John and I stood to our feet, walking to the next store. John had his arm over my shoulders as we walked and he leaned down to kiss the side of my head. We walked into our favorite store and I went over to the girls sections, looking for something I would like. I grabbed a few cute shirts and a pair of denim shorts that looked good to bleach. I felt a hand on my arm and I turned to look up at John. He smiled down at me and took the shirts in my hands.

"These are nice." He nodded.

I laughed, "Sure."

He walked me to the checkout and put my stuff on the counter. He reached into his back pocket, pulling out his wallet and taking out his money.

"John, no. I have money." I hit his arm lightly.

"Shh," he touched my face and handed his money to the cashier. I glared at him when he looked down at me and he chuckled. He took my bag then we met the guys at the entrance and we continued to walk to the next store. I threw my drink away since I finished it off and I walked next to John. We went into the candy store next, for Pat. I looked around at the candy and I spotted my favorite. Sour Patch Kids. I grabbed a little bag and scooped in some of the sour candy. I placed it on the balance beam then payed for it at the register. I turned my head a little and saw the guys over by the back wall with all the candy buckets. John caught my eye since he was staring at me and he smiled. I looked away quickly and took my bag from the old man, giving him a soft smile. I walked back to the group and John reached into my bag, taking some of the treat. I reached in and grabbed one for myself then popped it in my mouth. I felt John watching me while I ate it and I blushed, looking down at my feet and still chewing. I looked back up when I felt the blush go away and Pat was now by the register. John froze beside me and stared behind my head. I looked up at him questioningly and I turned my body around, only to freeze myself. I felt my eyes go wide as I saw Cade walking in, his hand attached to the one and only, Caddie. Aka the biggest, most disgusting whore ever. Cade spotted me and he gave me a small smile while Caddie glared at me. They walked up to us then Cade spoke.

"Hey Markie." He looked up at John, "John." He said coldly. I was biting at my lip, trying to stop myself from crying by just hearing his voice. "Can I talk to you real quick?" Cade asked me. Caddie glared at him, letting go of his hand.

"No," John said quietly but not quiet enough because Cade shot him a glare.

"Sure," I said. I felt John's eyes on the back of my head as we walked out of the shop, leaving Caddie there too.

"What's up?" I asked when we got to a spot where the group couldn't hear us.

"How are you?"

My mouth nearly dropped to the floor, "How am I?" My eyebrows lifted.

"Yeah?"

"You've got to be fucking kidding me, Cade. You wanna know how I am? I'm fucking terrible because you broke my heart. I gave you everything and all you do is say 'we need a break'! You're literally the dumbest person ever! Over the phone, really? Did you not have the balls to come to my house and break up with me? Are you that much of a pussy? You know what? They're right." I pointed in the store. I could feel all of their eyes on us, mostly me. "They were fucking right. You don't deserve my tears or even my fucking words. You deserve nothing from me. Don't ever fucking talk to me again, you arrogant prick." I spat the last sentence in his face and I walked away. I walked away from the candy shop and I looked down at my feet because almost everyone's eyes in the mall, were on me. I heard the boys calling my name from behind but I didn't turn around. I turned and walked down a hallway toward the bathrooms and I heard their footsteps echo. I pushed open the girl's bathroom door and let the tears come out freely. I leaned against the wall and put my face into my hands. I didn't look up when I heard the door open and the person's arms wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me into their chest. I held onto their shirt and recognized the person as John from his cologne. He shushed me and ran his hand over my hair to calm me down. I cried for a good five minutes then pulled away from him. He wiped under my eyes, leaning his forehead against mine after he kissed it. I closed my eyes, feeling the tears come again. I breathed out, making them go away and I opened my eyes to look at John's shirt.

"Still up for a movie?" He smiled hopefully at me. I smiled a little then nodded. He kissed my forehead again then hugged me before we stepped out. I wiped under my eyes then looked down at my feet and away from the guys' eyes. I felt Kennedy rub my back while we walked and he side-hugged me again. We arrived at the ticket booth for the movies and bought our tickets for a scary one. We got popcorn and drinks then walked to the theater we were in. John made me and him sit a couple of rows away from the guys and I sat down in my seat. We shared the popcorn and the previews started playing on the screen.

I brought my feet up on the seat and put them under me so I was a little closer to John. A little after the movie started, I felt something warm in my hand. When I looked down, it was John's hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
the whole cd thing is just weird. don't ask why, i wrote this like 2 weeks ago

RIP Mitch Luckerā¤