Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 7th, 2012

My eyes fluttered open as I felt something press to my cheek. I smiled, moving back to look at John's hazel eyes. He smiled at me and I brought my hand up to his face. I pushed his hair back off his forehead and played around with it.

"Morning," he chuckled.

I smiled, "Hi." He moved forward again but kissed my forehead this time. "I don't want to get up and eat."

He smiled, "Is your mom home?"

I got out of bed and looked out my window, down to the driveway. I shook my head as I turned around again and saw John stretching. I bit my lip as I looked at his torso quickly and brought my eyes back up when he looked at me.

"Come on," he held his hand out and I walked the short distance and took his hand in mine. I smiled to myself when he intertwined our fingers and we walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I put my hair up before I opened the fridge and got out eggs and bacon. John got the toast, popping it into the toaster and he took out two plates, setting them by the stove for me.

Once I finished cooking the eggs, I set the plates on the island and sat on the stool. John sat beside me and we ate our breakfast. He washed the dishes after and I dried them then set them back where they were.

"Now what?" He asked.

"I have homework to do," I sighed.

He groaned, "Can't you do that later?"

I shook my head and walked to and up the stairs. He whined behind me and changed back into his clothes from yesterday. I laughed and got out the papers I needed and started my homework.

"Do you want me to spend the night again or do you want to go to my house?"

I shrugged at him and continued with my science homework. He sat down next to me and helped me with it, even though he would eventually have to do it himself.

"Now you can go to the mall with us." He said excitedly as I put my backpack by the door.

I groaned, "John, I really don't want to go."

"But you have to, Markie. Come, please?" He stood, walking over to me and gave me the puppy dog eyes. I bit my lip as hard as I could, but careful not the draw blood, so I wouldn't smile. He put his hands on my waist and squeezed until I screamed and jumped away from him.

"John!"

He laughed, then moved again and reached for my other side.

"Stop!" I smiled as I landed on the bed from the jump.

"Say you'll come and I'll stop." He moved to the edge of the bed and stared down at me.

"No." I protested. He reached down again with both hands and moved to straddle my waist, his face centimeters from mine.

"Say you'll go and I'll stop," he repeated. His breath blew across my face and I swallowed.

"Fine. I'll go." He smiled above me and I could've sworn he looked down at my lips. I thought he was going to do it, but instead he kissed my cheek. He moved off me and I had to take a reality check before I sat up. I glanced up at John and he was faced away from me, tubbing the back of the neck. I shook my head and stood to my feet, then walked over to my dresser and got out clothes then put them into a bag.

"I think someone's birthday is in a few days," I heard from behind me and I groaned. "You'll be 18 and free." I turned around and glared at him, but he just smiled.

"Please don't do anything."

"Oh come on, Markie. It's your 18th birthday! I have to do something."

"No, you can be a good best friend and not do anything or get me anything."

"I'm doing it and you will like it." He smiled. I shook my head and put the bag over my shoulder and my backpack on the other. John opened my bedroom door and we walked down to his truck.

::

When we arrived at his house, I put my bags in his room and searched through it to find their cd. Once I found it, I went over to his stereo and put it in, turning the volume down. The music started to play and I sat on the floor while I looked at the cd case. I heard the door open and John sat next to me, watching me look at the case.

"You never did tell me who If I Only Had The Heart is about." I said quietly.

He leaned forward on his elbows and sighed quietly, "It's a, about you."

I smiled and looked over at him. "Is that when—"

"Yeah," he said. I nodded and looked back down at the case.

John and I have had a few rough patches. But before they went to the east coast to write and record, we got into this huge fight. I don't even remember what it was about, it was so long ago. We forgave each other eventually before he came back and everything was fine. We didn't really like to talk about because of the words that were said, so we never really brought it up. It was just a stupid fight.

I put the disc back into it's case and set it on his desk. I sat back down on the floor with him and laid back. I stared up at the ceiling until John moved beside me. I looked over at him to see that he was already looking at me. I blushed, looking back up at the ceiling and saw John turn on his side out of the corner of my eye. I looked back over at him and felt his hand on my hip.

"What are you doing?" I asked while he pulled me closer.

He shrugged, "Something I should've done a long time ago." He said it so quietly that I barely heard him. I froze when his eyes were getting closer to me and I looked down at his lips then back up to his closed eyes. I closed mine when I felt a shock and his lips moved against mine. He pulled away and my lips were left with tingles. His face was still close to mine as he spoke, "Did you feel that?"

I nodded my head slowly and watched him get closer to me again. Another shock went through my body and my hand tangled with his soft hair. His kiss started getting harder and he rolled me over onto my back. He had both of his hands on my hips and I had one in his hair and the other on his shoulder.

"John," I breathed out when his lips parted from mine quickly. I sat up when he moved off me and caught my breath.

"Sorry," he ran a hand through his hair.

I moved over to him and placed a hand on his back. "It's not that I didn't like it John, I did. It's just, I-I don't, I know how you are. And, I don't really just want to be a hit and run for you."

He looked over his shoulder at me and nodded. I rubbed his back before I stood and fixed my shirt. John stood to, and I grabbed my phone from the floor before we walked downstairs and to his truck again. It was quiet while he drove and I didn't like it. He parked in the mall parking lot and I felt him look over at me. I reached for the handle to open the door but he grabbed my chin and connected his lips with mine. Another shock. I pulled away from John slowly and opened my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What if I don't want you to be a hit and run at all? What if I actually want to be in a relationship with you, Markie? You know I'm capable of being in one, you've seen it before."

"Can we not talk about this now? We'll talk about it later." I opened my door and stepped out then walked toward the mall entrance. John caught up with me and we walked side by side.

::

I wasn't really into the movie that much because I could feel John's eyes on the back of my head. I sat between Kennedy and Jared this time while John sat with Garrett and Pat behind us.

I sighed when the movie was finally over but realized that I would be going back to John's house to talk. We walked out of the theater and I walked next to Kennedy.

"What is up with you?" He poked my side. I snapped out of it and looked at Kenny.

I sighed, "I don't even know."

"What happened?"

I shook my head, "This is between me and you, Kenny. Just me and you. Promise?" I held out my pinky. He nodded and attached his pinky with mine in a promise. "John kissed me before we came here."

Kenny's eyes went wide and I nodded my head. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"I haven't exactly figured that out yet, but we're talking about it when we get back to his house."

"Good luck with that," he rubbed my arm. I nodded and we got outside to the parking lot. Kenny hugged me before I walked off to John's truck and waited for him to unlock it.

Again, the car ride back to his house was quiet and I was very uncomfortable. I looked over at him a couple times but he didn't look at me. I bit my lip and cheek until he pulled into his driveway. I might've slammed the door a little hard after I got out but I didn't look back. I took my shoes off and ran up the stairs. I grabbed my bags and John stepped in.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna go home." I looked down at my feet, away from his eyes.

"What? No, not with your mom there."

"She doesn't get home for another hour and I'll call Kenny if I need anyone." I walked to the door but he blocked it. I looked up at John, "John, move."

"No, you're only leaving because you don't want to talk about the kiss, Markie. Stop running away from things that you don't want."

"I'm not running away, John."

"Yes you are! What was so bad about the kiss, Markie? Tell me."

"Nothing, just let me go." I tried to push him out of the way but he stood where he was.

"Do you not want to be in a relationship?"

I didn't answer him. "Tell me Markie. What is it?"

"I don't want to be a fucking hit and run, John! That's all you do! You're never satisfied with one freaking girl! You've practically fucked the whole goddamn school! You've never changed and I don't want to be another girl on your checked off list. I don't want my best friend to hurt me and I don't want to be hurt more than I already am!" I was angry now, angry with why he wanted to be with me so badly. He most likely just wanted to sleep with me like he does with all the other girls.

He stepped toward me and took my face into his hands. I tried to pull away but he held on. He smashed his face into mine and another shock went through my body.

"Stop," I said against him. I felt a lump in my throat and I breathed out when me parted from me. He still held my face in his hands and I kept my eyes closed.

"Markie, please. I like you and I just want to make you happy. Just give me a chance," he whispered. I looked at him with watery eyes and bit my lip to stop from crying out, then I pulled away from him and moved to the door and walked out. Once I got outside, I wiped under my eyes and began walking toward my house.

I closed the door behind me and walked upstairs, setting my bags down. I locked my door and laid on my bed.

I didn't want to deal with anyone right now. John honestly was making no sense. How could he just kiss me and decide the next minute that he liked me? Nothing was making sense to me. I'm not saying I don't want to be with him, I just don't want to sleep with him then have him just go back to being friends with me. I'm not that type of girl.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I flipped over onto my back, then answered it.

"John, please. Just leave me alone."

"Uhh.. It's not John." Kennedy spoke uncomfortably.

I sat up, "Oh, Kenny. Sorry."

"It's alright, um. John asked me to call you."

I groaned, "I really don't want to talk about it Kenny." I wiped under my nose.

"You don't have to talk about the kiss, Markie. He just wanted to know what you thought of him."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, do you like him?"

"I don't know.. Tell John to just give me two days. Just two and then we'll talk."

"Alright. You know I'm here for you Markie. Call me whenever."

"Okay," I hung up and threw my phone next to me. I laid back again on the pillow and closed my eyes, letting sleep seep into me.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you guys think?

RIP Mitch Lucker❤