Sequel: Crash

Always Yours

November 13th, 2012

"Don't you get your paycheck today?" I asked John as we walked to our next class.

He nodded beside me, "Can you drop me off at work after school?"

"Yeah." I looked back to the hall ahead of us, filled with our classmates and something caught my attention. Caddie smirked at me and walked off down the hall behind us, staring at me on her way.

"I swear to God, if she does anything today, I will tear her to shreds." I breathed out. John laughed beside me and grabbed my hand.

"Don't let her get to you. She just wants to make you mad so you make a scene," he intertwined our fingers.

I relaxed at his touch and looked up at him, "Won't be able to hold back for long." We approached our class and walked in, taking our seats. He sat behind me and the bell rang. I tapped my foot all throughout class and John slid a piece of folded paper over my shoulder. I opened it and read the message.

quit it, he wrote in his messy writing.

shut up, I wrote back. I folded it back up and slipped it over my shoulder, watching the teacher as she pointed to the board.

He poked my back with the paper again and I took it from him.

she won't do anything and if she does just ignore her we have lunch next so you can take your frustration out on food

I rolled my eyes and folded it up, shoving it in my back pocket. Class came to an end and I took the sheet the teacher handed me as I walked out the door and waited for John. He took my hand in his and we started off through the corridors.

"Now you made me hungry," I poked him as we walked to my locker. I opened it and switched books before I shut it. He kissed my cheek and took my hand again as we walked toward the cafeteria. He rubbed the side of my thumb and I smiled at the guys as we approached the table. I set my bag down on my chair and went up to the lunch line with John behind me. As I stood in line, something collided with my shoulder. When I looked to my right, there was Caddie again, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and looked up at John. He smiled down at me and rubbed my back. I took a salad and an apple then paid for it at the register and grabbed a fork. I waited for John and I took a fry off his tray when we sat down. I stuck my tongue out at Kenny when he caught my eye and he poked my cheek.

"How's your stomach?" He asked.

I nodded, swallowing my food. "Still hurts." He nodded and turned back to his food. I turned back to John and shook my head at him. "Pig," I said.

He looked at me with fries sticking out of his mouth and he shrugged. He chewed his food then swallowed, "You love it."

I rolled my eyes at him and continued eating my food. I watched Caddie stand from her table and walk over to the trash cans behind our table. Before I knew it, I was sliding my chair back and staring down at my pants that were soaked. I bit my lip and felt everyones eyes on me. I breathed out and stood slowly, facing Caddie.

"What is your problem?" I spat.

She laughed and placed her hands on her hips, "I don't have a problem," she smiled sweetly at me.

"What have I ever done to you, Caddie?" I stared at her.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe like sloppy seconds?" She looked back at John.

"What the fuck are you talking about?!" I exploded. I turned around to pick up my food before she spoke again.

"You took John away from me, you whore!" I laughed, turning around and winding my fist back and connected it with her face. She dropped down onto her ass and stared up at me.

"Last time I fucking checked, he was my friend before you came along." I grabbed my bag and was about to leave until I thought of something else, "Oh and while we're on the subject, remember Cade? My ex-boyfriend? Yeah the one that you got with the day after we broke up? That's fucking sloppy seconds, you slut." I stomped out of the cafeteria, ignoring everyone's eyes on me. While I was screaming my head off, the whole cafeteria went silent but I ignored it, to pissed off to care. I walked down the hall to the entrance of the school and out to my car. I opened the driver's side door but stopped when my name was called.

"Markie!" John called out. He had his backpack with him and he stopped in front of me.

"Not now, John. Just let me calm down." I ran a hand through my hair. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I stood still in his arms and he pulled away, keeping his hands on my shoulders.

"Want me to come with you?" He asked.

"I'm just going to change my pants then come back." He nodded then leaned down to kiss me. I put my hand behind his neck to keep him there for a little then pulled away, getting in my car. I waved at him as he watched me pull out and speed off down the road.

::

When I got back, lunch was over and it was free period. I had on a new, clean pair of jeans and I felt better. I walked into the library and to the way back where no one ever went, and found John sitting on the floor. He smiled up at me and I sat across from him, taking a book while I went.

"Was your mom home?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head. My mom didn't come home last night but I didn't text or call her and she did the same.

"Caddie went to the nurse," I looked up at him from the book I had opened and stared at him until he spoke again, "Apparently she had a bloody nose."

I scoffed, "Good. She deserved it." John smiled and shook his head. "She needs to learn to leave me the fuck alone."

"You fought over me," he smiled.

"I did not. All I said was that I was with you first."

"Still fighting," he smiled as he stood to his feet. I stood up after him and pushed him lightly.

"Shut up," I walked in front of him as the bell rang and he grabbed my hand, pulling me back next to him.

"You're with me now though," he leaned down and kissed my cheek. I pushed him away again and laughed. "So mean to me," he shook his head. I frowned and moved back to him to wrap my arms around his waist.

"Meet me at my locker," I said as I walked into my next class and sat in my seat.

I had a free period again and I used it at the library to finish my essay that was due Thursday. After I printed it out, I walked to my locker and slid down to sit on the ground. I played on my phone and looked up when I heard footsteps down the hall. I smiled as Kenny jogged down to me and sat down, kissing my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Going to the bathroom," he smiled.

I shook my head, "Don't get in trouble." I poked his cheek.

"How's your hand? You hit her pretty hard."

I shrugged, "It's fine." I looked down at my hand and saw that it was slightly swollen.

"I better go, class is ending soon," he stood to his feet, kissing my forehead along the way. "I'll see you later?"

I nodded, "I'll probably come over or something after I drop John off at work."

"Alright, see ya." He walked back down the hall and disappeared behind the corner.

I leaned my head against my locker and shoved my phone back into my pocket, then stood to my feet. I opened my locker and waited for the period to end a few minutes later. I closed it and leaned my back against it as I saw students pouring out of their classes. I dangled my keys on my finger and looked both ways for John. After what felt like ten minutes and students clearing the halls to go to their cars and buses, John came down the hall.

"Late," I sang.

He laughed and kissed me quick when he reached me, "Ms. Caron held me back with my report I did."

"What'd she say?" He took my hand in his again and we walked toward the front entrance.

"A+ baby." He smiled big and I squeezed his arm.

"That's like your first A+," I laughed.

"It is not." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes and unlocked my car as we approached it. He got in and I started it and drove out of the lot. I looked over at him and laughed as he took his shirt off and switched it with a blue one.

"I have to get ready for work," he adjusted his shirt. I turned my eyes back to the light. I pushed on the pedal and soon pulled up to the ice cream parlor.

"Have a fun day at work," I smiled over at him. He smiled over at me and leaned forward. I leaned back and made a face at him, "Ew, cooties."

His face fell and he leaned back toward his door and started to open it but I stopped him, grabbing the back of his head and attaching my lips to his. He smiled against me and kissed me again when I pulled away.

"You're gonna be late," I mumbled against him. He just continued kissing me until I pushed him away. "Go," I laughed. "I'll pick you up later."

He nodded, "See you later." He pecked me quick and opened his door, shutting it behind him. I tried to roll down the window and tell him he left his backpack but he was already opening the front door to the parlor. I rolled the window back up and pulled away, heading toward the coffee shop by the high school.

I took a sip of my coffee as I opened my car door and got in, setting it in the cup holder. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed toward my house. I turned up the radio to cover the silence as I drove and turned it off when I pulled into my empty driveway. I grabbed my bag and coffee and locked my car as I walked up the path to the front door. I walked into the kitchen, setting down my coffee of the counter and my eyebrows came together at a piece of paper on the stainless steel fridge. I took it off and read it.

Markie, words cannot describe how awfully sorry I am for putting you through what I did. I regret my decisions of getting my anger out on you and turning to drugs for help. I should've went to a professional for that. I never meant to hurt you and I never meant any of those words, I just got caught up in the drugs. Your father leaving really messed me up and it made me angry. I'm sorry for the choices I made and to have you see me going through that. I'm now at rehab in New York, far, far away from hurting you. I left you the house and everything that you would need. There's also money in my bank account, use it carefully. I will see you again one day, and I hope that day I will be clean and much better. I love you, Markie, so much. I'll be seeing you

I choked out a sob and fell to the floor, the paper falling next to me. I put my face into my hands and cried hard.

How could she just leave me here? By myself? How could she do what she did then just get up and leave? No, I'm being selfish. She needs this. She needs to get better and she's doing it for me so I won't be hurt anymore. Even though she really hurt me and put me through a ton of shit, I still loved her and I would miss her like hell. Who knows how long it would be before I see her again.

I let out one last sob before I leaned my head back against the drawer and wiped under my eyes and ran a hand through my hair. I grabbed the paper and stood to my feet, setting it back on the island. I grabbed my bag and coffee, taking it upstairs. I set my stuff down and took out my homework so I'd be busy until I had to pick up John.

After I finished my homework I walked into the hall, then opened my mom's door slowly. A lump grew in my throat at the sight of just the bed frame with a sheet less mattress. I looked in her closet and found nothing. I looked in her drawers, nothing. Her whole room was filled with nothing but a bed and bedside tables.

I walked out, closing the door behind me and walked downstairs. I grabbed my lanyard off the kitchen island and shut the door behind me, getting in my car and driving away toward the town. I parked in front of the shop and turned my car off. I looked at the clock, seeing that it was seven forty. I leaned back in my seat and stared out at the passing cars for twenty minutes until the passenger door open and John got in. I didn't look over at him, just started the car up.

"Hey," he leaned forward, kissing my cheek since I didn't turn toward him.

"Hi," I mumbled. I felt his eyes on me but ignored him. I bit at my lip and felt the lump growing again. My eyes watered but I blinked them away. I put the car in park when I pulled into my driveway and opened my door.

"Your mom's not here again?" He asked. I shook my head, and wiped under my eye when I took my shoes off. I wiped at it again when another tear escaped.

"Markie?" His voice was worried. "Markie, what's wrong?" He turned me towards him and rubbed my arms slightly. I sniffed and walked into the kitchen, "Markie, talk to me." He pleaded.

I grabbed the note and handed it to him. I looked down at my feet as he read it and I felt more tears build up in my eyes. I cried out into John's chest as he wrapped his arms around me and I clung to him. He smoothed my hair down a couple times but it didn't calm me down.

"She's gone, John. She's gone," I cried out, my voice a little muffled by his shirt.

"Shh, you'll see her again Markie. I promise," he whispered. I cried even harder and hit his chest lightly. I calmed down a few minutes later and pulled away from him. He wiped under my eyes and I placed my hands on his wrists. "I promise you'll see her." He leaned down, kissing my lips softly and hugged me tight. I pulled away again, wiping under my eyes.

"John, what am I gonna do? She just left me the house, I can't live her by myself."

"The guys and I could move in if that makes you feel better," he said quietly.

I looked up at him, "I'll have to talk about it with them."

John nodded, "It's up to you, Markie."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him for awhile.
♠ ♠ ♠
gimme gimme opinions and thoughts! :)

RIP Mitch Luckerā¤