Conflicting Souls

Chapter 3

At home, I flopped on the couch, sprawling out so no one else could sit there. "I swear there's a rubber band attached to your butt and that couch," said Kimiko, shaking her head as she sat in one of the armchairs.

"And this is a bad thing?" I joked, tossing her the remote.

She flipped through the channels. "Yeah, you'll get-"

"Don't you dare say it," I said menacingly.

"Faaaaaaaaaaaat!" she drawled out. She giggled as I freaked out.

I put one of the couch pillows over my face. "No! You said the f word! That word is forbidden in this house!" I shouted into the pillow.

She giggled some more and said, "Oh stop it. You'll never get fat. I swear to eat like a pig and never gain weight."

I took the pillow off and wiggled my eyebrows. "I'll always be drop dead sexy," I teased. She rolled her eyes.

Then the door opened and our neighbors from across the hall came in. "Did someone say sexy?" said Jake, with a smirk that made me want to drool like a dork.

Jake was the hottest guy I had had the privilege to live next to. He worked out, making his lean body very delicious with muscles. It was sad to see he was stuck with such a nerdy partner. Milo was the biggest nerd alive, I swear. Talking to him was like banging your head against a brick wall, only three times as painful. The guy was a friggin' computer. While they were total opposites personality wise, they were a wicked team. I think I've seen them lose once and that was when they first became partners and weren't completely used to each other. We met them when they first moved in, which was about two months after Kimiko officially moved in with me. As soon as I found out one of them was hunky, I went over there and flirted my way into their lives. Now, we just pop into each other's apartments whenever. Just between us, sometimes Kimiko and I walk in when we know Jake got out of the shower just to see him without a shirt on.

Jake flexed his muscles and Kimiko and I giggled like creepy fangirls. Milo pushed his way past his weapon, saying, "Keep your shirt on, big guy." He sat in the other armchair across from Kimiko. Jake almost sat on my legs as he sat next to me on the couch, but I moved them before he did.

"So, you two got sucked into the Academy, huh?" he asked, sounding a bit bored.

I groaned and Kimiko started gushing about our new prison- I mean school. Milo listened, eager for new information about the place we had to go to learn for eight hours. Eight......damn......hours. Jake seemed only mildly interested, stealing the remote from Kimiko and flipping through the channels. With a playful sparkle in her eye, Kimiko added, "And Jayde made a new friend. A very sexy friend." Jake looked at her and I was clueless. "It's Lord Death's son," she teased.

"What?" said Jake, voice sharp. Kimiko giggled.

I rolled my eyes. "Please. That kid is such a prick. He obviously thinks he's better than everyone else just because he's a Reaper." I noticed Jake relaxed quite a bit.

"You think everyone's a prick just for breathing," said Milo.

"No true! I don't think you're a prick," I said. Milo started to say a shocked thank you when I continued by saying, "I think your an annoying little nerd who's going to die a virgin because not even the nerdiest girl alive could stand hearing about your stupid telescope collection." I smiled as sweetly as I could and Jake laughed.

Milo scowled. "Gee, thanks," he grumbled.

"Anytime."

Yep. This was living.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone had a good New Years and some happy holidays. :)
~ Just Alice