Everything About You

Boxes on Boxes on Boxes

Nicola sighed at the amount of boxes that still piled in the new apartment, or flat, as Zayn calls it. She began sifting through them. First starting with the kitchen boxes. Mainly plates, utensils, coffee machine, and the like. Just cook wear and such. She had finished with the kitchen about two hours after Zayn had left. She was already tired of going back and forth from box to box.

Nicola decided to treat herself with a lone trip to the cute corner bakery she spotted earlier. She changed quickly before heading out. A pair of simple jeans and a top would suffice on account she wasn’t planning on staying out too late. She slipped on a pair of toms and snatched her bag from the bedroom. After she locked the flat she headed down the hall. She waited for the elevator. Once it arrived, she got in, and let her thoughts consume her.

She wondered how she got so lucky. She wondered if this was even meant to be. There was something telling her that Zayn wasn’t for her. It told her that she needed to stop pretending. That she needed to leave him alone and stop pretending to be how she was. Her mind focused on her past. It told her that she didn’t deserve a guy like Zayn. Her inner thoughts even said that she didn’t belong here, in the UK.

“Excuse me, miss,” a voice snapped her out the trance. Her eyes lifted to focus on an older woman, “are you getting off the lift?”

She pushed herself off the railing in it and nodded, “Yeah, sorry.”

Nicola exited the elevator and thank the woman. The older lady smiled and waved as the doors closed, hiding her from Nicola’s vision. She was a kind woman. Nicola didn’t know her but, she was different. She noticed that many people back in the states wouldn’t bother her and leave her as her thoughts emotionally wrecked her.

Her foot steps were soft against the tiled lobby floor. The flat they had rented was actually really nice. Not five star or even one star. It was a normal looking place. Just one for middle class, Nicola guessed. Nicola pushed the door to the building open to be met with a chill in the outside air. She inhaled the cool air and wished she had brought a cardigan or hoodie with her. She wrapped her arm around her chest as she made her way the two blocks she saw the bakery.

Nicola pushed the door to the bakery open only to get hit with the smell of freshly baked goods. First she got a good waft of blueberry, then chocolate chip, finally the sour smell of lemon tart finalized it. Nicola’s mouth began to water at the intense fumes of baked goods. She eyed the display in front of her, deciding what to get.

“May I help you,” an elderly woman asked.

Nicola took her in. Her smile was wide and pleasant. She looked like she enjoyed her job. She also looked a bit concerned why Nicola was there. Perhaps she wants used to having a girl of my low status in there. Did Nicola look that poorly? Was it that reason? Or perhaps she was trying to figure something out about her, like she did it often.

“Um,” Nicola stammered, eyeing the lady then the display, “I’m not sure what to choose,” she gave the woman a smile.

“Oh, American,” she clapped her hands, “are you visiting?”

“No,” Nicola clamped her hands in front of her, “I moved her to be with my boyfriend.”

“Oh, love. That can do it for the maiden, eh?”

“I suppose it can. Love is a very impulsive feeling.”

“Ah,” she laughed, “you are correct, love.”

“I just moved and decided to treat myself after unpacking some things.”

“Ah, yes. What will it be?”

“I’m feeling fruity but, I’m not sure what kind. Is there anything you recommend?” Nicola asked the lady.

The woman pulled her lips in a hard line and thought, “the eccles cakes are popular. Of course the raspberry mini pies.”

“Um, I’m not sure what an eccles cake is, so I’ll go with the mini pie.”

“Raspberry?”

“Yes,” she nodded, “one of those and one blueberry if you have it.”

“Of course, dear,” she went to the back, leaving Nicola wondering.

While Nicola waited for the woman, she heard whispers and snickers behind her. Nicola tried to ignore the background noises, until she noticed her name being used. She opened her ears to the public now. A female voice sneered her name, while the girl she was talking to scoffed. Nicola heard a nervous voice beside her and jumped.

“Sorry,” the girl bit her lip.

“It’s fine,” Nicola shook her head, “I was just in my head.”

“Um,” the girl looked nervous, “I wanted to ask you some-”

“Alright, love,” the woman returned from the back, “here are two fresh mini pies. I added two more just to welcome you.”

Nicola smiled at the woman, then back to the girl at her side, “what’s up?”

“Can I have a photo with you?” her eyes pleaded.

Nicola smiled and laughed, “that’s all? I thought you were going to punch me.”

“No,” the girls eyes grew wide, “just a picture, please.”

“Of course, I will,” Nicola nodded and posed with the girl, while the girls mother snapped the photo.

“Thank you so much Nicola,” she smiled, “I think you and Zayn are lovely.”

“Thank you,” she watched the girl leave and went back to the lady, “how much?”

“Of course,” the elder woman snapped her fingers, “I knew I recognized you form somewhere. You’re going out with that direction lad. Oh dear. I used to know Harry from that band. He used to work at my friends bakery back in Cheshire. He is such a lovely boy, eh?”

“Sure, he is,” Nicola nodded.

“Here you go love. Don’t you worry about it. It’s on the house. Welcome to London.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. Come back at anytime, alright?”

“Thank you,” Nicola smiled at the woman before she turned to leave.

On the way back from the bakery she got stopped once more for a photo. She never would get used to this, getting recognized. It made her feel a little better about where she was. It made her feel like she was meant to have met Zayn, to be with him.

Nicola finally made it back to the apartment. She tried to make sure no one had followed her in. Once n the elevator, she thought back to the tour. She remembered how much she hated Zayn, only to find she actually liked him. It was a way to push her feelings back. It was all mental. All she knew is that she needed to talk to Zayn about it even if she knew what would come out of his mouth.

Nicola stored the empty boxes in the front closet to get them out of the way, after she consumed a mini pie. She then put the pastry box in the nearly empty refrigerator. She grabbed a bottle of water, took a few sips, and placed it on the counter.

She continued to work on the boxes. She moved a box with her clothes and put it in the bedroom. Nicola emptied her only box of clothing into the first two drawers of their vanity. She returned to the sitting area where more boxes piled up. She was exhausted just looking at all the remaining work to do. After a few breaths, she continued on with her organizing and went through each box.

________________________________________


Zayn yawned for the hundredth time today. His eyes flickered to the clock on the wall every hour that passed by. He and the boys had been in the studio for hours now. His body was sore and all he wanted was go home to shower and sleep.

“Okay boys,” Simon returned, “your session is up.”

“About time,” Niall stretched.

“See you tomorrow, same time,” he nodded, “night,” and with that he left.

Zayn looked at the clock and it was nearing nine at night. It was late and he hoped Nicola was still up. He also hoped that she did something about all those boxes. He got up from the couch and made sure to text Nicola that he was on his way. He said his goodbyes and was off to his flat in his own car he had at the studio just in case.

Zayn’s eyes felt heavy as he finally parked and made his way up to his floor. He walked through the door to find less boxed in the way of the door. His eyes perked up from his sleepy state in shock. Nicola had done a lot since he left that morning. Zayn knocked on the closed bedroom door, but received no answer. He cracked the door open and saw a dark figure on top of the bed with no pants on. Zayn laughed and slowly made his way inside the dark room.

“Nicola,” he whispered to himself.

Zayn grabbed the sheets and lifted them on her. He, himself removed his jacket and changed into a pair of joggers to sleep in. As he lay down in bed, Nicola shifted. He slowly got under the sheets, only to be met by the soft voice of Nicola.

“Zayn,” she turned to face him.

“Yeah, it’s me babe,” he cupped her cheek.

“Good,” she wrapped herself in his arms.

“Good night,” he whispered.

Nicola just sighed contently in his arms and continued to sleep. Zayn didn’t know how lucky he got with her. He just thanked whoever it was who had done it silently, to himself. Zayn looked back at the sleeping form pressed to his body and kissed the top of her head. Nicola’s legs seemed to twine with his and that is how they ended up falling asleep, only to be met again when the sun comes up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Another update in the same week? I am surprising myself! PLEASE Recommend, Comment, and/or Subscribe! PLEASEEEEEEEE! And thank you to all the lovely people had done so already! Much love your way!

X Dani