Everything About You

The First Time I Saw You.

Zayn was sat upon a stool waiting for his turn in the sound booth. He was in the studio, just messing around before his band had to record. His phone had buzzed in his pant pocket as soon as Louis had exited the cubicle. His index finger pushed the on button on and saw it was a text from his ex, Perrie. He had broken it off about month ago. She still didn't get the hint that he was over her. She had used him as a promotion idea for her own music. He didn't like feeling used. He would have to get a new number just to dodge these texts from Perrie.

The other four boys played and joked around, while he sulked in his misery. Most of the time he had flashed his award-winning fake smile. He loved his friends, don't get him wrong, it's just been hard lately. He missed Perrie, even if she had used him. His feelings were still lingering and he wanted out, and out fast!

Perhaps it wasn't her and it was just the fact of having someone to be there for him as support. Maybe he just needed a girl that he can have a connection with. Zayn felt that with Perrie is was difficult to be himself. It was as if he had to be someone else for her. His mind was reeling with thoughts of her and how much he wished he had never went out with her.

"Zayn!" Louis had jumped in front of him, his face right in Zayn's.

"What," he had looked up at his friend.

"It's your turn," Louis had smiled his usual cheeky smile.

Zayn had nodded and playfully nudged his friend aside. Louis just made a face of shock as he did so, and just smiled right after. Zayn entered the booth and started to rap lyrics that had been running through his head the entire day. They were about his relationship of course.

"You used me girl,
I used to love you.
Even the way you would twirl,
around my head,
inside my mind.

I felt that you were the one,
but pushed me aside for your own selfish needs.
I want you to know,
you messed me up, messed with my emotions.

Yeah, you had me at hello,
but did I ever have you?
Will this be the end of it all,
Just stop and recall those times,
those times of pure happiness.

I think I might have been the one,
but you messed is up,
Messed it up, messed with my head.
My mind is reeling,
Reeling with thoughts of you."


It ended just as quickly as if began. Zayn backed away from the microphone. His hands on the headphones. He took them off and placed them on the stand in front of him. As soon as he exited the small room, the four boys didn't say anything. All they did was stare at their best friend. Their eyes gave off sorrow for Zayn. Zayn didn't want their pity. All he wanted was to forget about Perrie completely and move on. He hated that she affected him this much. To be totally honest, she wasn't even that great of a girlfriend.

"Zayn," Liam was the first to speak, "I-"

"It's alright Liam," he ran his hand through his hair, "I'm done."

"Are you-," Harry started but was cut off by Zayn.

"I'm fine Harry," he sighed out.

Just then their manager had emerged from the main entrance. He walked over to the five boys that had formed a circle. His face was distraught and tired looking.

"As you all well know, Dan can't play guitar for the next few concerts," he leaned against the sound system, "but we have a few applications from the online ad and we may have found a few good men... and woman," he added.

"Oh, a girl," Harry smiled, "I hope she's fit," the boys had chuckled at the younger one and his love of women, "What?"

"Look," the manager interrupted, "there will be five guys and the one girl auditioning," he sighed, "this is our last hope-"

"I can always play the guitar," Niall had interjected.

"No," the manager informed him, "how will you be able to sing and dance and stuff? We'll be having auditions tomorrow. All the calls have been made and all have confirmed to come."

"Oh, really? So, this mystery girl had said yes? I wonder if she likes us," Harry questioned to no one in particular.

"Harry," Liam looked at his friend, placing his hand on the boys shoulder, "don't be making any moves on our potential replacement. At least wait until the last show with her to do so. That way things won't get awkward."

Liam knew Harry very well and saying not to make a pass at her all together wasn't going to change anything. Telling him to wait might work, or not. Either way Liam knew the boy would do as he pleased, but he was the responsible one and had to at least try.

"Please Liam. I'm not all that bad," Harry scoffed.

Just then, the boys had to laugh. They all knew Harry quite well. He was after all the flirty one of the bunch. They also knew that it came naturally to him.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...


The next morning was audition day. All the boys were excited to see who had signed up. Zayn didn't care about what was going on, he was too tired to be up so early. All he wanted to do was stay in bed that day. He didn't pay attention to who was playing until the one girl who had signed up came on stage. Her eyes were a piercing blue and her lips were full and looked kissable.

"Hi," she spoke into the microphone provided for questions to be answered, "My name is Nicola."

Their manager had the same face he did while the other five boys perked up at her entrance, "play something," he had mumbled to her.

Zayn noticed her style and loved it. She was a unique girl. Her hair fell in her face as she looked down at her guitar. If was a classic black and white one. It looked as if it had seen better days. As her fingers grazed the strings, the sound roared into action. She played a riff that he never heard of. He noted that she played with her eyes closed at some parts. Her body moving in sways as if to dance to the music she played.

As the song ended she looked up at the boys in front of her. When her eyes landed on Zayn, his heart literally skipped a beat. No emotion came from hers. He knew she didn't know who they were.

"Alright, thank you," Their manager spoke, "now if you could answer a few questions."

"Okay," she said in a soft voice.

"First off, when did you start playing the guitar?"

"Well, I got my first guitar when I was ten. I've been playing ever since, so, I would say about eight years."

"Do you know what his," he pointed at Harry, "name is?"

"Um," she furrowed her brows, "can I have a life line?" she smiled.

"No."

"Then, no," she shook her head, making her straight brown hair bounce.

"How about him?" the manager had pointed at Zayn.

Her eyes moved over to look at Zayn. Zayn could feel his heart beat increasing. Her stare woke up his body as if it were electrocuted.

"If there is no life line included, the answer would be a no."

"Alright," the manager spoke, "that is all."

With that she left. Zayn's eyes moved with her while she grabbed her guitar case and walked off stage. She didn't look back at them or hesitate at all. It was as if the girl truly didn't know who they were or she was a robot.

Harry piped up first, "I like the girl," he grinned widely.

"Of course you would," Louis rolled his eyes, "Thank God I have a girlfriend. She was actually quite fit."

At that comment, Zayn felt an emotion he hadn't felt in a long time, jealousy. He wanted to pounce on his friend and yell at him. He wanted to walk up to her and just hold her. His body reacted in ways he thought impossible, but he knew better. He stayed seated as they decided who to pick.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not so sure about this chapter or story in general. I hope you guys like it.
The rap was made up by me, in like five minutes, so sorry if it's terrible!
Plus, I don't hate Perrie. I just felt like it was necessary to include her. :)

Please comment, recommend, and subscribe!

X Dani