Everything About You

Accepted

It was hard for Nicola to focus on the job at hand. When she arrived at the place where the auditions were, security had to check her identification multiple times. She had no idea who she was going to be filling in for, which she had said on several occasions. The security guards gave her strange glances, wondering why she was there.

Once Nicola sat on the blue plastic chair she was directed to, she took in the other guys who signed up. And there was only five other guys there. With that she seemed a little taken aback. Not to mention they looked like normal every day people. She eyed each of them. One had on plaid shorts and a gray shirt, along with Nike shoes. The others were basically clones with their designer wear and all. She didn't see any visible tattoos or anything along those lines. While the boys here looked like a parents wet dream, she looked like a crazy person. She wore black distressed jeans, a white shirt, and beat up boots. She knew her eyes looked tired, as if she had done some weed in her time. Also, her hair didn't send signals of a good girl.

As the guys were getting called one by one, she grew more nervous. She hated these things. Trying out to be in a band wasn't her thing, even if it was just for a few gigs. She didn't know who the band was or what their music taste was like. Once her name was called she collected herself and picked up her guitar. She just prayed the guitar would be able to stay together for the auditions.

As her boots clapped against the wooden stage, she felt right at home. She loved being on stage. It was a rush to her. She set her guitar case aside after taking the instrument out and strapped it over her shoulder. Her eyes scanned the room. Her blue orbs landed on the judges in front of her. She thought the boys in front of her were a joke. Was she going to be playing with them? Her mind had to laugh at the little boys that sat in the center row of the seating area.

The oldest man was the first to speak. His voice dripped with boredom and depression.

At first she was a bit nervous, but once her fingers touched the strings of her guitar, she sang a tune. She decided to play a melody of an Avenged Sevenfold song. Her decision was to play Afterlife, and she had no regrets. She loved the song and played it very well. Her practicing was minimal due to the fact she only had her apartment and neighbors that liked to complain. Nicola hit the last note beautifully and she smiled at herself for doing so well.

Once she got off stage, her nerves kicked back in. She thought back to the brown eyed boy that sat in a seat, lounging around like he had no care in the world. She felt her body talk in ways she never thought possible.

"Alright, lads," a security guard came into the small room, "and lady, it's time for you all to go back on stage."

The group all stood and followed the guard back on stage. Nicola felt her heart race a million miles a minute. She didn't know if it was because of waiting to see who was to be filling in, or if it was because the brown eyed boy was staring at her intently. She shook all thoughts out of her mind and closed her eyes.

"Andrew," Nicola felt her heart drop, "you can go away now," she heard the older man say and she popped her eyes open.

Nicola's eyes averted to the teen-aged boy as he walked off stage. She moved her blue orbs back to the group in the crowd.

"Michael," he sighed, "you didn't make the cut either," he said bluntly, "Travis," he perched his lips while shuffling through papers, "sorry, mate, but that's a no."

Nicola watched as the boys exited the stage. Her heart rate was still increasing. The urge to smoke a cigarette was filling her mind at the moment. She needed to calm herself down and doing just that would help.

"Ronnie," the older man huffed out, "No."

That just left two people up on stage, Nicola and a boy around the age of seventeen. Nicola saw the five younger boys smirk as the older man sat back in his chair. Nicola look at each of the boys. Her eyes had landed on the darker skinned boy. His eyes were still shamelessly focused on her. She swiftly changed her own focus and looked down at the wooden stage floor.

"Nicola," her eyes shot back up at the man, "Parker. Who should I choose?"

"Come out with it Simon," a curly haired boy groaned, "just say who got it."

"Alright, Harry," he sighed. His eyes came back to the two people on stage, "Nicola, you got the gig."

Nicola's eyes shot in shock. She truly thought that they would have chosen a guy, since the band was all boys. To be honest, she never thought she would even get a call for an audition.

"Okay, cool," she let out an awkward laugh.

"Now all we have to do is get you a new guitar. I'll set up an appointment so you can get a few for the next few shows," the man said, blankly.

"A few?" Nicola questioned.

"Yes, a few guitars. That way you have more than one, just in case. Also you have to learn the songs so you can play the guitar parts in them."

"Alright," she was still lost in her own mind. She was going to be playing in front of a crowd. That was still hard to process. She still didn't care if this was a boy band. She was just grateful to be offered a deal like this. She'd be able to pay rent on time for once. She may even be able to have a decent meal for the first time in months.

"Alright Nicola. My name is Simon and this is the boys of One Direction," Simon spoke to Nicola, "Harry," the curly haired boy raised his hand, "Niall," the blonde one waved, "Louis," the boy with spiky brown hair smiled, "Liam," the one with short brown hair saluted, "and Zayn," the dark haired boy with the chocolate brown eyes nodded.

Nicola couldn't remember much else of that day considering she had lost herself in Zayn's eyes. Her head was in a loop now. All she could see was brown, sparkling eyes and tooth filled smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicola's Outfit

Yeah, not the most fun chapter I've ever written. Oh, and I just found out that I've been spelling "audition" wrong this entire time. I'm a genius!
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend!

X Dani