Everything About You

Songs

Nicola sat in her bunk on the bus she shared with the boys. She tried to take each breath slowly, trying to calm herself down. He couldn't believe Zayn had asked her about her past. She hated talking about it, but then she thought about it. How was he to know that? Nicola huffed out air. She didn’t care either way.

She heard foot steps behind the curtains of her bunk. She inhaled then exhaled before looking out. She saw the blond boy walking to the back of the bus, with three slices of pizza in hand. His eyes got a hold of her own and he smiled.

“Hello,” he greeted her, “would you like some pizza?”

Nicola had to laugh at him, “how can you eat all that several hours before the concert?”

“Easily,” he took a bite, “I’m hungry.”

“You always have food in your hands,” Nicola stood from her bunk and followed him to the back, “you’re not nervous about tonight?”

He sat down next to another boy with blue eyes and brown spiked hair, “nope,” he shook his head, “you get used to it after a while. Right Louis?”

The one named Louis made a thin line with his lips and nodded in agreement, “but you are new, so it only goes hand in hand,” he looked up at Nicola.

“Huh,” she bit her lip, “I kind of just want to get it over with now.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Nicola stood in place on stage. The lights had just turned on and the crowd roared into action. Nicola smirked at the reaction of the fans. A film rolled on screen and the fans only screamed louder.

“New York!” Harry’s voice invaded the speakers on stage. Then all the boys ran on stage, to the front of it.

The drums kicked in and it was Nicola who followed him remembering the order of the songs. A second later Liam started singing What makes you beautiful. The crowd cheered and started to sing along. Nicola smiled and caught herself mouthing the words to the song. Hitting herself mentally, she shook it off and continued playing her guitar.

Every time Zayn sang, his eyes would glance over at Nicola. Nicola would try and ignore the stares. She felt like a piece of meat when he was around. Her heart jolted into action when he got closer to her, then disappointed when he didn’t touch her. What did she want from this guy? Her mind wouldn't stop thinking about him. It was her hearts doing. It told her to give it a go, but she knew she should back off. Nicola still had the rest of her life to find love. She still had her career ahead of her. She was just beginning her career.

Song after song, Nicola felt more confident. The guitar parts to most of the songs were basic knowledge to her. Her favorite song to play was, I want. It was the only song that actually gave her leeway to play more than one chord at a time.

Soon enough the concert was over with and the boys did their last performance. They were all wearing suits and Nicola got a good look at Zayn. If there was one thing hotter than a guy in leather, it was a guy who wore a suit. She was a sucker for the business type guys.

“Thank you all for coming,” Louis shouted over the crowd.

“Let’s give it up for Nicola,” Niall walked over to her, “poor Dan couldn’t make it on this small tour. I think she did a fantastic job,” Niall wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“Thank you Nicola,” Liam smiled at her, “of course a massive thanks to Josh,” Liam pointed at the drummer.

“And the rest of the amazing band,” Zayn interjected.

With that, the boy left the stage. The lights went down and the crowd wouldn't stop shouting. Finally everyone else turned and walked off stage. Even though Nicola didn’t care much for the music, their fans were very loud and supportive.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Nicola went back to the bus, after she changed into something more comfortable. Nicola stretched out her legs, plugging in her ear buds. She sat in the back of the bus, her notebook in hand. Her hand sped furiously on the paper. She was a song writer and loved doing it. There were days so amazing that her emotions flooded her thoughts, so she wrote them into a song. Today was no different.

“Hey,” Nicola was too caught up in her song, she didn't hear one of the boys trying to get her attention, “Nicola,” he yelled, finally deciding to pull at one of her ear buds.

“What the-” she started to say, but saw Niall in front of her, “sorry, Niall.”

“It’s alright,” he sat next to the brunette, “what ya got there,” he smirked while eyeing the paper in her lap.

She crossed her arms over the words she wrote and blushed, “nothing.”

“You write songs,” he looked curious. He sat on one leg when he turned to look at the American better, “can I please see.”

“See what,” the duo shot their heads up to see Liam sitting in front of the television.

“Nicola’s song book,” Niall tried tugging it out of Nicola’s grasp.

“Stop,” she shot up from the couch.

She was feeling like she was never going to get any privacy. That was the difference with this band and the band she was once a part of. Her band actually understood her and knew to leave her be when she was in song mode. They knew Nicola needed at least one hour for herself and be alone. When she was ready, she would talk to them about the ideas she had for a new song. This band couldn't stop talking. They couldn’t leave one another alone for two minutes even. Nicola didn’t like what had gotten herself into.

“Nicola,” Niall gave her puppy eyes, “I’m sorry.”

She sighed and sat back down, “I’m sorry,” she handed him her book, “I just get frustrated sometimes. My old band understood though.”

“Understood wh-” Niall didn’t finish once he found a song that caught his interest.

“Hey, lads,” Harry smiled and sat next to the girl, “hello, Nicola,” he put his hand around her shoulder.

“Harold,” she elbowed him in the side, “don’t touch me.”

“Sorry,” he huffed out in pain.

Moments later, Louis and Zayn joined the rest of them in the back. Liam and Louis started playing Call Of Duty. Harry was on his phone while he waited to play the winner. Niall’s face was still in Nicola’s song book. Then there was Zayn who sat across from her. Their eyes would occasionally meet awkwardly.

“Nic,” Niall gasped, “this,” he began, but stopped in a lose for words, “these songs.”

Nicola looked at the blond boy and bit her lip. Some of the songs written in the book were really personal, but for some reason she let the boy read them. Half of them were very dark while others were uplifting and nothing like the music she listened to.

Zayn eyed her as she took the book back from Niall. She enclosed it to her chest and let her head fall. He heard her sniffle, but brought her head back up.

“Thanks, Niall,” she gave the boy a halfhearted smile. Nicola’s eyes returned to the boy in front of her, “I’m sorry about before. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that,” and with that she got up and left to call it a night.

As Nicola lay in her bed, trying to fall asleep, he filled her mind. Nicola thought that he was too perfect. His hair was perfectly styled. His eyes were too beautiful to be a man’s. His smile was too cute to not make you swoon. His accent. Oh, his accent made her mind go south.

Nicola scoffed at her thoughts. As she flipped over to face the wall, she thought about her career. He was just a boy. He wasn’t going to be there for her. He was going to leave like all the others. Nicola had to stay strong and make it through this entire tour. She knew what she had to do to make sure nothing happened between her and Zayn. She hated the thought of it, but it had to be done. It was necessary for her own good. She had to protect herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicola's comfy look

I don't know how I feel about this, but yeah.
Comment, Subscribe, and/or recommend

X Dani