My 8th Grade Journal

What's Been Going On ?

"OK. So are you ready for some mad driving skills?"

"Oh no! We are not letting you drive again!" Jackie says that like she can totally stop me from driving anyway.

"What happens when she drives?" Of course the curious Dan had to ask.

"Aww come on! Just until we get to your house! Please?" Wow. I was actually begging. That's new.

"Fine. But then Dante gets to take over." Dante looks over towards us like he's confused.

"Dante does what now?" Wow. I guess he hasn't been paying attention.

"I'll explain later. Right now all you need to know is that Dez is driving." Ha! you should have seen the look on Dante's face. It was soo good I actually wished I had a camera with me. He just started to glare at me. Then he started walking towards me. I braced myself for an attack. Then Dante picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder. Good thing I knew his weak spot to put me down. I grabbed the back of his neck and he practically dropped me. Then I could totally tell he was pissed. I stood up and he attacked me. We were both on the ground when the next thing I knew was that, I had a cut on my hand and Dante was pinned under me and there was a piece of glass pointing towards Dante's neck. I relaxed my muscles and calmly put the glass down. Actually I threw it in the street. I stood up and walked over to the car. I could hear Jackie crying and Dante cursing me out. I got in the back seat and just sat there. I locked the doors and rolled up the windows. I think Jackie knew exactly what was going to happen. She ran over to the car and was pounding on the window. I ignored her. I took out my swiss army knife from under the driver's seat and rolled up my sleeve. I ripped off a part of my shirt and tied it around my arm. Jackie was pounding on the glass so hard I thought it was going to break. I couldn't stop myself. I was in like a trance. Dante came over and saw what was going on. He started to pound on the door. I saw the passenger door break open and then....I passed out. I could still hear Jackie screaming and Dante yelling. I think this next part was a dream. I was standing in the middle of the hallway in Jackie's house and some girl came up and started choking me. I actually felt like I couldn't breath. I was trying to scream but couldn't. Next thing I saw was Jackie, and Dante staring at me. Jackie saying something about a doctor. Then I flew up. "No doctors."

"But.."

"I said no..." I was laying in a bed. I got up and started putting my shoes on. I threw a suitcase at Jackie.

"Start packing."

"You still wanna go after what happened?" That was a stupid question. What happened made me hate this place even more.

"No Dante thats why I just threw a suitcase at your girlfriend"

"Where's Dan.?"

"He's downstairs." I started walking out of the bedroom. I walked downstairs to find Dan sitting on the couch.

"Hey." I said as I sat down next to him.

"Are you OK?"

"Yea I'm fine." Then I leaned over and kissed him.

"Everything is just fine as long as you never leave me. " He smiled and kissed me again. I checked to make sure my hood was still up. It was. I herd someone coming down the stairs. "I'm ready."

"Good. Now, on to Dan's house."

"No. We went while you were still sleeping."

"So now on to my house?"

"Yea. But Dante is still driving."

"Fine..." I said as I pouted. So I got in the back seat with Dan and Jackie sat up front with Dante. Dan sat fairly close to me. It was sort of silent on the way to my house. So I started thinking again. 'What did I forget?' It was bothering me so much. Then just a few streets away from my house I remembered. 'MOM!' "Hey, I can just get new cloths while were there so no need to go there. Dante I'll buy you new cloths to."

"But it would be so much easier if we just went home to get our cloths. That way you don't need to spend all your money on me." I just sat there. We pulled into the driveway and everyone got out. "OK you guys can just wait here i will only be a sec. Dante I'll grab all your shit to."

"Whatever." I walked away and stood by the door. I put my ear up to it to see if I could hear anything. I opened the door and everything was clean and spotless. 'Oh Shit.' I thought in my head. I ran upstairs and packed both of our suitcases. There was like 4. 2 of Dante's shit and a backpack and suitcase for me. 'I can only make one trip.' I thought. So I barley grabbed it all and ran downstairs. I threw the stuff over the railing and hoped over myself to save time. But when I got over it, Mom was sitting on the couch with her "Drinking cup" in her hand. "So where do you think you are going?" She said with slurred words.

"My friends and I are going on a little vacation."

"Oh no your not! This house is a pigsty. You are going to clean it.!" I looked around. Everything was spotless.

"Its not dirty."

"Oh it isn't is it.?" She walked over and threw some chairs down. Then she took the vase and threw it at me. It didn't hit me of course but it alarmed everyone outside. I picked up our shit and threw it out the door. Then I locked the door. "So who's all out there that's so important?"

"No one you need to drag into this."

"It's HIM isn't it?" She started walking towards the door.

"No one is out there!"

"Not for long!" then she started swinging. I pushed her down and closed the blinds to make sure they couldn't see anything. She got back up and she tackled me threw the table. That broke in two pieces. It sucks cuz that was a nice table!. I pushed her off and ran to the back door and locked it. She followed me and pinned me up against the wall. She started kneeing me in the stomach. I punched her in the face. Then I herd banging. "Dez is everything OK?"

"Come one unlock the door!"

"I'll be right there!" I said too short of breath. They knew that something was happening. They kept banging harder and harder. I ran over to the dining room and then she tackled me from behind. She hit me 2 times in my side and once in the face. She kept hitting me in my ribs. I was coughing up blood. I hit her so hard it got her off me and made her black out. Then there was the sound of glass shattering. It was Dante. He broke the bay window and had Jackie and Dan come in with him behind them. I hurried up and picked my mom up and put her in bed. They saw that the house was a total mess. They kept saying stuff but I was too messed up to understand them. I stumbled out of mom's room into the hallway. They saw me and helped me walk. We sat on the couch and some one said "What happened?" all I could manage to say was that "We need to leave now!". So I got up and went back outside to pack the car. They were in there own conversations. When I got back inside they were just staring at me. "What?!?"

"Come sit with us...we need to talk." Dante sounded so concerned. That was the part that scared me most. I was still coughing blood. Not like I cared. I sat on the couch while they were all standing in front of me. "What?" Then I herd Jackie whisper to the others " Let's do it.." That scared me even more. I saw Jackie slowly walking towards me. Then Dan sat next to me and held my arm. Dante on the other side. I started to struggle. I couldn't break free. "What the hell are you insane fucking idiots doing?!?!" They could so tell that I was super pissed. "We just want to see something." I knew what was going on. I somehow managed to get Dan off me. But Dante continued to hold me. We ended up on the floor. Him pinning me down and Jackie attempting to take off my hood. I took my legs and rapped them around his shoulders and got him off me. I took of outside and ran on top of my car. "You really want to know whats been going on you could have just asked me you phsyco freaks!!" They all just stared at me. I got down off the car and stood in front of them. "Dante you were always wondering what goes on when you aren't here..."

"Yea...."

"Well now you know.." I took off my hood. They stared at me even more. I guess they were speechless. "Whats been going on?"

"Mom. She has a drinking problem in case you haven't seen already."

"What about Dad?"

"He doesn't touch her. But she has been going after him and then I stop her. Which may I add is why this hood never comes off. "

"So this has been going on all along and you didn't tell us?!?" Of course Jackie is freaking out.

"Yes. You didn't need to get in the middle of it. Dante I never told you because then you would get in the middle of it to. Like I would actually put my friends in danger. Or my family." I started tearing up. I turned around. "Dez...?"

"Dez you know that we will always be here." Dan came up and hugged me. Then we fell to the ground. Jackie and Dante Joined our little hug parade. We sat there for a few minuets. Then we herd screaming. "Where the hell are you!!??!?"

"I think we better go..." I said as we all started scattering to the car. I got in the drivers seat and realized....no keys. "Dante where's the keys?"

"Last I saw of them they were..in...the....livingroom." I got out of the car and ran inside. Dante followed me. "Stay there or I swear to god if she doesn't kill you I will!" He just stood there. I ran inside got the keys and of course, before I could run out, Our graceful mother had a baseball bat in her hand. 'Oh how fun!'. So, I being the freak I am, ran out the back door around the house, and into the car. Dante jumped in just as soon as I started it up. And we were OFF! He he. If you thought I drove crazy before, then you should see me when i get scared.

It was a 3 and a half hour drive to Janeva. So we agreed to drive in shifts. I would drive for an hour, then Jackie, then Dante. No Dan didn't get to drive. He didn't want to anyway. This is going to be a fun adventure.

When we left I realized that I had to pee. The next station stop wasn't for another what 100 miles?!? 'OK maybe I can hold it?' Yea that's what i thought. "Dez you OK?" I looked over at Jackie and I swear she saw my eyes floating. "Just...peachy...why do ... you ... ask?"

"One, your eyes are watering. Two, you have your legs crossed."

"I have to pee. Bad!'' I looked at her. She looked at me. I looked at Dante. WOW. Dante and Dan were sleeping on eachother. Ha! ''Jackie, Hurry up at take a picture of those two." She nodded at took a picture. Then I floored it! I was speeding like 20 over the limit. I had to PEE man! My bladder is only so strong for so long. "WHAT THE HELL?!?" Jackie was scared. "Buckle up!" She had trouble cuz I was going so fast. I saw the gas station ahead. 'Almost there. Almost there'. I kept telling myself. I turned and slammed on the breaks. Jackie went flying. Almost out the windshield. He he. Oops. I got out and ran inside. "Can I get the key to the ladies room please?" Yes how could I be so polite when I had to PISS soo bad? Well if you are nice they give it to you faster. He in 2 ways. lol. Anyway when I got in the ladies room it was soo disgusting. I put like five million sheets of top down on the seat before I went. And of course I had to wash my hands. I gave the key back to the clerk and I thought while I was at it, put gas in the car. Well the I looked at the gas ..... full/empty meeter. And it was....almost empty anyway. So as I was filling up the tank, Dante and Dan decide to go in and "get a few things". I wounder how much I would have to pay. "So, Dez tell me what happened with you and Dan. "

" Do I have to?" She gave me an evil glare.

"Fine. OK we went to the park and we talked."

"That's no fun..."

"Then ask him what happened when we get back in the car!''

"Fine I will!" She got in the back seat of the car. The gas tank was full and still no Dante or Dan. I walked in the gas station and they had so much shit on the counter I couldn't see the clerk. "What the hell?!?"

"What?"

"What is all this shit?!?"

".......Stuff...." I went up to the counter and asked the clerk how much. "Let see. One....five...ten....Hundred dolla. " My jaw almost hit the floor. I turned to Dante. "YOU SPENT A HUNDRED DOLLARS IN JUNK FOOD?!?!?" He gave me a pouty face. Well he was my brother.....step...So I had no choice. I opened my wallet and gave the clerk a one hundred dollar bill. "You are caring it ALL." He grabbed it off the counter and we walked outside. "Where did you get all that money?"

"That's for me to know and you not to find out." I said with a little smirk. Dante looked scared. I got in the driver's seat and started up the car. When Dante got in the back seat with all of the food, Jackie exclaimed "What the hell?!?"

"Long story". I said. I started the car and we were on our way again. By the time it was Jackie's turn to drive, Dante and Dan ate all of the shit they got. Trust me you should have seen the car. So I pulled over, opened the trunk and got out a trash bag. "Here". I said as I handed it to Dante. "You and Dan can clean out the car before we go any further." It was actually kind of amusing seeing Dante and Dan clean. It took them half and hour to clean it out. You should have seen the mess. I took the bag and threw it in someone's garbage can. What? I wasn't going to leave it on the side of the rode. "Here" I said as I tossed the keys to Jackie. "It's my turn?"

"No! That's why I threw the keys at you!"

" I'm sorry I'm slow!"

"ME TOO!"

"....Heyyy...." Then Jackie made a sad face. I hugged her and said "You know I love you...That's why were married."

"Yes....Yes I know." She smiled. You should have seen the look on Dante and Dan's faces! It was so funny. I just looked at them. Then I picked Jackie up like a baby and slid her in the driver's seat. "What the hell?!?" Dante said very confused. I giggled. "But...But...Then why...and...." Dan said. I laughed even more. I hugged Dan then whispered. " You know I'm yours." He smiled and kissed me. So I got in the back seat with Dan. I actually fell asleep on him for about an hour and a half. It felt good though. But I had a bad dream. I was standing in the school hallway and this girl came up to me. She said "This is for everything." Then she hit me. "What what did I do?!?" She just kept hitting me. I woke up to hearing everyone screaming at me. "Dez wake up it's OK!"

"Dez what's wrong!?"

"Dez Wake up." I opened my eyes and Jackie was staring at me. I sat up. "What?"

"I think you had a bad dream. You were screaming, And flipping out."

"Oh. I'm fine now." Then Jackie turned around. Dante was driving. Dan was restraining me still. "Dan, you can let go now."

"I don't want to." I smiled. I looked out the window and saw a tattoo shop. "Dante pull over!"

"Why?"

"Just pull into the shop!"

"Fine!" I looked at Jackie, and she looked at me. We both knew what we wanted was going to come true. We got out of the car. "You boys stay here. We will be back in a moment."

"Whatever." Dante said. I don't know what Dan was doing. Jackie and I walked into the shop. "You ready?"

"As ready as I will ever be" Jackie said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what u think! ♥