Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Who You Are Is Falling Over Me

We were a month into my third year of high school. The first two years were shit and I was hoping this year would be a lot better. I was one year away from senior year, which meant I was that much closer to graduation and I couldn't wait. One minor detail however, I would be moving onto the next part of my life without my best friend.

I begin to fidget with the lock on my new locker in the senior hallway; why did we need to get new lockers anyway? I liked my old one.

"Hey Nick!" My friend Jake began.

"Hey buddy, what's up?" I asked as I began to put my books away.

"Not much, just wanted to ask you something."

I shrugged, "So ask." There was a moment of awkward silence.

"So, I know your best friends with D." Jake said softly.

I nodded, "What's your point?"

“Well, I was wondering if you’d be able to set her up with me.”

I frowned, “I don’t know how’d she feel about that, why don’t you just talk to her yourself?”

“C’mon dude. Please?”

I sighed. “Alright, alright I’ll talk to her.”

I said goodbye to Jake and made my way upstairs to find D. She was standing by her locker with a couple of her friends. I snuck up behind her and placed my hands over her eyes. “Guess who?”

"I know it's you Nick."

"Damn," I let out a laugh of defeat, “Are you ready to go?"

"Definitely, I'll see you tomorrow guys." She said.

I opened the passenger door of my car for D and I watched her get in. Destiny was sixteen, she had the most beautiful light brown eyes I have ever seen, she honestly was a gorgeous girl. I just never thought of her in that way. "My friend Jake says that he likes you."

"He does?" She asked curiously.

“Do you,” I paused, “like him?”

“I don’t really know him very well.” She said with a shrug. We stood silent for a few minutes before I decided to change the subject. “How’s your dad been?” Her dad has been battling lung cancer for the past year.

“Okay, I guess.” She said with a frown.

"He's going to be okay D." I pulled up to the front of her house and I leaned over and kissed her head.

"I'll see you tomorrow Nick." She said as she reached for the handle and opened the car door.

"Call me if you need me."

She nodded, “Oh Nick?”

“Yes?”

“Do you mind if I grab Jake’s number from you? Maybe it’s a good idea to take my mind off of everything.”

“Uh, yeah sure.” I said

I felt myself getting jealous. Why was I getting jealous? I didn’t like her in that way.

Did I?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I decided I'd change up my old story. I've improved as a writer and I'd like to make it better. Plus I can't get enough of Nick! ;)