Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Touching You

Days had passed. Kevin was finally home, but he wasn’t really Kevin. I didn’t know this Kevin. He was angry all the time, in agony all the time. I felt awful that I couldn’t do anything for my brother.

“Are you ever going to speak to me again?” Joe asked.

“I don’t know.” I said with a sigh.

“Did you at least make up with D?”

“Of course I did, she did nothing wrong.”

“Neither did I Nick, I didn’t do this to Kevin. It was just, I don’t know, it was just bad timing.”

“Bad timing on your part.”

“Nick, come on, don’t act like this with me.”

I heard a knock in my doorway and saw D standing there, my eyes stayed on her for a bit, I knew what she was wanting.

“Look, I’m sorry for acting the way I did at the hospital Joe. I shouldn’t have reacted that way. What happened to Kevin isn’t your fault”

Joe furrowed his brow in confusion.

“So we’re good then?”

My eyes made my way to D and then back to Joe, “Yeah. We’re good.”

D nodded her head in approval and made her way over to my bed.

“I guess that’s my cue to leave,” Joe said, “Thank you by the way Nick.”

I nodded and watched him leave.

“I’m so proud of you.” She said before she placed a kiss on my lips.

“Thanks, it was hard but family is everything right now.”

“Yeah, it is."

“Are you doing okay?” I asked.

I had completely ignored the fact that D’s father just recently passed away and with all of my family troubles, she’s been alone for hers.

“I’m doing alright, I’m glad you and Joe are okay now”

“Why is that so important to you?”

She shrugged, “Nick, I know what it's like to lose someone that you love. You’d never forgive yourself if something happened to Joe and you guys weren’t on good terms.”

I sighed, “I love you.”

--

Ever since Kevin got out of the hospital everything seemed to be complicated. D and I were fighting more, my family and I rarely talked.

“It’s like I don’t even exist anymore.” I said complaining to D.

"Talk to them, Nick." D told me.

" I've tried, they don't listen." I whined.

My parents only paid attention to Kevin, I understood he needed more than we did. I just didn’t realize that I would become a ghost in the process.

"Try again."

"D you don't understand I.. I'm not going to." I said.

"Fine be stubborn. I just think that you-"

I cut her off.

"D I wanted your support not a fucking lecture." I spat out.

She looked at me with hurt in her eyes.

“Sorry for giving any input.” She said as she started gathering her things, she was trying to leave.

“Baby, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to flip out on you like that. I’m just frustrated” I watched her as she continued to ignore me and change her clothes.

“Baby?”

Still nothing.

“Destiny” I said in a louder tone.

She looked at me.

“Look Nick, you can be angry or upset or whatever you are but you are not allowed to take it out on me.”

“Baby,” I grabbed her hands and sat her on the bed next to me, “I love you. I’m sorry.”

I leaned in to kiss her but she turned away.

“Babe, come on don’t be like this. Forgive me?”

“I have to go Nick.”

I shook my head, “No you can’t go. Not until you forgive me and give me a kiss.”

She got up but I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her into a deep kiss.

I was vigorously kissing her and she wasn't stopping me. I ran my hands up her shirt, taking it off without hesitation. I ran my hands behind her back, unclasping her bra throwing it carelessly to the ground.I wanted to admire her body, I really never did before I just did what I had to do but this time I wanted to take my time with her.

“Nick” She whispered.

I was sick of all the fighting and anger. I needed her in this moment.

“Shh, just love me.”