Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

I Just Want You To Be Sure That I Am Yours

I let a couple of weeks pass without talking to D. She messaged me and left me voicemails. But I didn’t have the guts to respond.

I didn’t feel back to my normal self, but I was at least taking the steps to get there.

However, I did miss her.

“Hey I brought froyo for everyone. Joe you’re good with chocolate right?” I said as I walked through the front door.

“What is she doing here?” I asked, stopping dead in my tracks.

They both turned to look at me.

“She was upset, I invited her.” Joe said.

“That decision wasn’t up to you.”

“Nick, I -” She began.

“I don’t want to do this right now.”

I shoved Joe’s froyo container into his hands and walked out to the backyard, slamming the door in the process.

“Nick, can we please talk?”

I didn’t answer, I just leaned back on that same patio swing where we had one of the worst fights to date.

“Please?” She asked again

I looked at her and patted the seat next to me as an invitation to sit.

We didn’t say a word to each other, that is until I grabbed her hand and intertwined my fingers with hers.

“Nick?” She whispered.

I looked into her light brown eyes.

“What’s going on?” She asked, I could see the pain in her eyes.

“I just felt like I was losing myself.”

“Why couldn’t you just tell me that?”

“I don’t know. I felt like I needed to find who I was without you. I’ve been with you since I was a baby D. We’ve never been apart.”

“Do you not like being with me?”

“No, I love being with you D. Just with my family and you, I felt like I had too much on my plate. I needed some time for me.”

Tears began falling from her eyes, I leaned over and wiped them away.

“I’m sorry Nick.” She whispered.

“Don’t apologize. It should be me saying sorry. I should have never treated you the way I did. You didn't deserve that.”

She didn’t say anything to me, she just continued to cry.

“I’m so sorry baby.” I said as I wiped more tears away.

“Can you ever forgive me?” I asked.

She still couldn’t form words.

“Baby, please stop crying. I don’t want you to cry.” I tucked her hair behind her ear.

“I love you” She said.

I smiled.

“I love you too.”

“Are we going to be okay?” She asked

“We will be.”

She leaned into me and laid her head on my chest. “We will be” I repeated in a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just giving you all multiple chapters because I have been slacking for God knows how long! No more slacking! I promise! haha