Sequel: Unhinged

All of Me

Seeing The Pain, Seeing The Pleasure

“Good morning Beautiful.” I said as I leaned over and gave her a kiss.

“Good morning.”

D slept over last night. We were more than perfect, a few months had past since our fight and we were acting as if it never happened.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled through it for a minute, “Baby it’s 10:00. We should get up and start getting ready.”

Today was our annual ‘Jonas barbecue’ Most of our neighbors came, along with family and some friends.

“But I just want to lay in bed with you all day.”

“As much as I would love that, we can’t. Get up” I said with a smirk.

She groaned.

“Come on you love the Jonas barbecue.”

“I do, don’t I?” She said with a smile.

“Yes, now go get ready.” I said once more as I smacked her butt.

--

“D are you almost ready?” I asked, it was 11:15 and she still wasn’t ready. Girls take forever.

“Almost Nick.”

She was sitting in front of the mirror finishing her make-up. She looked beautiful. I couldn’t help but get behind her and hug her. I began placing kisses on her neck.

“I’ll never be ready if you keep that up.” She said with a chuckle.

“I’m going to go see if my parents need any help.” I said with a smile and I placed a kiss on her cheek. “Hurry up!”

“Yeah, yeah.”

--

“Hey Nick, could you get the beers out of the fridge and bring them outside?” My Dad asked.

“Sure.” I responded.

“So you’re drinking now?” I heard a familiar voice say

“Kelsey? What are you doing here?”

“Same as everyone. Came for the party

“No offense but,” I began as I started putting beers into the cooler, “I didn’t invite you"

“No, Kylie did. Your parents invited her family and she invited me."

Kylie had been our next door neighbor for years, she also happened to be Kelsey's best friend.

"Great, go spend time with her.” I mumbled.

“Nick, I thought maybe we could-”

“Nick, do you need any help?” D asked.

“No Baby, it’s okay. Thank you.” I said and I planted a kiss on her lips.

D looked at Kelsey.

“I’ll catch up with you later Nick.” Kelsey said before she wandered away.

“What is she doing here?” D said with disgust

“Kylie invited her. Don’t worry about her Babe.” I said as I pulled her close to me and kissed her once more.

“It’s kind of hard not to.”

“You have nothing to worry about. I love you.”

She nodded.

“Nick would you mind getting more ice from the freezer?” My Mom asked.

“Of course.”

I grabbed a couple bags of ice and was heading out of the kitchen but I was blocked by Kelsey.

“Can we not do this right now?”

“Nick, I really miss you.”

“Kelsey, stop.”

“You can’t say you don’t miss me Nick. I miss your touch.” She brushed her hand against my arm.

“Kelsey, what we had was a long time ago. I’m with D now. I love her.”

“You know what I miss the most?” She took a step closer to me, “Your lips.”

I swallowed hard, before I could do anything else, Kelsey was kissing me.

“Nick, your mom wanted -”

I jumped a mile away from Kelsey.

“I thought I had nothing to worry about. You fucking bastard.”

“D, wait.”

She ran off and Kelsey tried blocking my way again. “Get the fuck out of my way.”

“Nick, don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy that.”

I was angry, I pushed passed Kelsey. “You’re a fucking bitch.”

I ran after D, she went out the front door.

“Baby! Babe, slow down.” I reached out and grabbed her arm and she snatched it away from me.

“How could you fucking do that to me?” She screamed.

“Calm down.”

“Calm down? Are you fucking kidding me Nick?” She yelled at me again.

“Will you just stop and listen to me for a minute?” I asked raising my tone just a bit.

“How could you kiss her?” She asked. She was sobbing.

“She kissed me D. I did nothing to instigate it.”

“You sure as hell didn’t pull away.”

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

“Baby, please. It meant nothing. I love you.”

“Nick, that’s the thing, it did mean something. She’s your ex! There’s some feelings there.”

“No there isn’t!”

“I can’t do this anymore.” She began to walk away.

“D stop.” She ignored me.

“D.” I called out one more time.

“Destiny!” I yelled and she stopped.

I grabbed her and pulled her into a passionate kiss.

“I love you and no one else. Do you understand me?”

She nodded.

“I’m sorry babe.”

“Don’t let it happen again.” She whispered.

I was pissed at myself. I was so in love with D, I really was. But I was pissed because I let that kiss happen. The thing I was even more pissed about was that I enjoyed it.